SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, so many bones being discovered in this search for HE. I hope that they can identify all these skeletons so that other families can get some closure. It's horrible. I think they may have a suspect for HE's disappearance but without a body, or a weapon, or a confession...there is nothing LE can do but keep asking for tips in hopes that one will connect the suspect to a crime. They can't even prove a crime at this point until they find her. Based on the number of bones they are finding it doesn't look like they have a great track record of finding bodies.

HE was staying a condo near where the findings are located, so there may be a connection, but I have also observed form links here that she was involved in some modeling, worked at TK, where my daughter's friend worked for a time with HE, the friend being a tough new yorker and was more than glad to turn in her uniform and move on from that type of attention one gets in the uniforms they wear, also HE being at an age of being vulnerable and risky behaviors, drama, her disappearance may be related more to her lifestyle. My daugher just a little older and prefers that I not discuss these things much with her so she can continue with her lifestyle and not think about it. She worked as waitress for a while, family restaurant, and I worried about her leaving work so late. These young girls at mb do attract attention from all sorts.

It's a relief to know they are finding these remains and can perhaps give closure to some families, but I can't understand why they're concentrating so much on the Tidewater Rd area (aside from it's proximity to HE's condo and the discovery of human remains). I'm assuming they have information that is leading them there. I really hope it's solid because time is critical.

Hoping and praying that today is the day for answers.

All of these human remains beng found reminds of me of thmissing woman from New Jersey (Shannon Gilbert?) Where they found something like 10 sets of human remains while searching in NY...incredible.

I hope Heather is found alive.

wow, so many bones being discovered in this search for HE. I hope that they can identify all these skeletons so that other families can get some closure. It's horrible. I think they may have a suspect for HE's disappearance but without a body, or a weapon, or a confession...there is nothing LE can do but keep asking for tips in hopes that one will connect the suspect to a crime. They can't even prove a crime at this point until they find her. Based on the number of bones they are finding it doesn't look like they have a great track record of finding bodies.

teri037, there are 40,000+ john & jane does in morgues across the US. NAMUS has really improved this tragic situation over the last few years. There is a thread on WS where some warriors in the silent epidemic of the missing/murdered are making a huge difference..

Unidentified "How To" & Reference Forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

www.websleuths.com › … › Missing!! › The Unidentified
How to search, identify, submit, and help bring them home. Share ideas here. This forum is not for individual cases.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2013/02/22/web-sleuths/SMOW1wV7Ghi9aLvaKqr5jK/story.html

Web sleuths help solve cold cases

Such cases are mysterious and vexing, especially in an era when identities are so inescapably public. Over the past decade, the Internet helped create a growing army of volunteers who, with nothing more than a computer and the uniquely human ability to spot similarities buried in mountains of data, are helping bring closure to families and spurring law enforcement to reopen the most frigid of cold cases.

These amateur sleuths share information gleaned from newspapers and other public sources on websites created for just that purpose, and they connect with one another, but not necessarily face-to-face. Participants across the country range from Web-surfing college students to professionals like Dan Brady, a software sales rep from Holliston, to stay-at-home moms who are true-crime fiends. “You meet other people, and develop relationships with some you’ll never meet in person,” Greenwood said. Brady said he regularly corresponds with a dozen Web sleuths he wouldn’t recognize on the street.

I think the lack of local media coverage and silence of LE probably hurts this case's chances for national coverage. LE is not holding press conferences, not releasing any information, it's not a big story on a local level, so the national media probably don't feel that there's much reason or ability to cover it.

mb has 2 factions the family oriented and the "'what happens at mb stays at mb" and the 2nd leads to lots of vice- drug trolls, sex traffic trolls, sex crime trolls, etc- local and from everywhere else- a perfect storm of bars, in and out quick rentals, college town, drugs. I have sent a message to the the Horry County Senator since HE went missing, and others can do the same- google myrtle beach reps, horry co reps websites and email them- let them know that as mb continues to move in the direction its going, they better put the $$ in LE, they will need it.

I am not local. We have our own cases to the northwest and west of here such Alexis Murphy and the mystery of the Colonial Parkway murders. So I'm not in MB.

I am not all that clear as to why there are searches off Tidewater Road. Don't get me wrong, if they've found remains searching needs to be done. Is LE and CUE doing this STRICTLY because remains have been found and the purpose is solely to see if there are more? IOW, this is in addition to the search for HE. Or has LE or CUE told the searchers there is a possible connection to HE's disappearance? With all the places that need to be searched, I am wondering why that area was selected to be searched to begin with.

This ALMOST is starting to take on an appearance like the Shannan Gilbert case in Long Island. Except searchers there were searching that area because she was last seen that area and that made the result of finding additional remains logical. To the best of my knowledge there was no sighting of HE in this area or at least one that I can find. Or mention of suspicious activity in that area.

These are questions that probably no one else has the answer to either. Just throwing them out. But for those involved in the searches, what has been stated to the volunteers in the guidance given to them prior to going in the woods? Anything on this subject?

I probably would not have these questions if there had been a press conference or two by LE along the way.

I know CUE does a good job. Do they ever work with TES?

Unless the remains being found are connected to someone they think did something to He. Then they should be tight lipped

All of these human remains beng found reminds of me of thmissing woman from New Jersey (Shannon Gilbert?) Where they found something like 10 sets of human remains while searching in NY...incredible.

I hope Heather is found alive.

poppygirl, this is the Long Island serial killer investigation; LISK There are multiple threads discussing this case & the many victims. Imo, this may be the motive for the silence in the 8 unsolved missing/murdered female investigations in Myrtle Beach, SC.. Guess time will tell...

long, island, serial, killer -WEBSLEUTHS Threads
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8211847

Idk the dates Amber worked at TK. I didn't even know that until Ladyhawkke posted that here. I thought it was interesting to say the least. I think she worked at Overtime Cafe when she died, so TK may have been prior. Trying to find the dates has been so hard to find online. Maybe it's as simple as asking somebody that was close to her? Sometimes that's hard to do bc it makes them relive their nightmare, brings back memories. Idk...

They didn't work together, I have asked. from what I'm told Amber left a few months prior to Heather getting hired sometime in 2012.

Just a thought. Many of you aren't local. I'm not quite local, but drive through there on occasion. I'm two hours from local.

Anyway, Myrtle Beach caters to guys playing golf. There are a ton of strip clubs (or use to be, have driven the bypass lately).

It does have a family side slash dark side.

Unless the remains being found are connected to someone they think did something to He. Then they should be tight lipped

Imo, silence by ms media and investigators when folks are vanishing is a predators most lethal weapon. This causes more innocent missing/murdered victims, mounting cold cases, and fear and unrest in the community, imo..
The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander, and 'it is free'. The public is analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the USA..

Predators are recidivist and will continue their evil trail of terror, escalating their deviant behavior until apprehended.. All available resources must be utilized to accomplish this, imo..

Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing....

I am not local. We have our own cases to the northwest and west of here such Alexis Murphy and the mystery of the Colonial Parkway murders. So I'm not in MB.

I am not all that clear as to why there are searches off Tidewater Road. Don't get me wrong, if they've found remains searching needs to be done. Is LE and CUE doing this STRICTLY because remains have been found and the purpose is solely to see if there are more? IOW, this is in addition to the search for HE. Or has LE or CUE told the searchers there is a possible connection to HE's disappearance? With all the places that need to be searched, I am wondering why that area was selected to be searched to begin with.

This ALMOST is starting to take on an appearance like the Shannan Gilbert case in Long Island. Except searchers there were searching that area because she was last seen that area and that made the result of finding additional remains logical. To the best of my knowledge there was no sighting of HE in this area or at least one that I can find. Or mention of suspicious activity in that area.

These are questions that probably no one else has the answer to either. Just throwing them out. But for those involved in the searches, what has been stated to the volunteers in the guidance given to them prior to going in the woods? Anything on this subject?

I probably would not have these questions if there had been a press conference or two by LE along the way.

The condo Heather was staying in is right where these remains have been located- i think it made since to people to search both the area where her car was located and the area where she was reported last seen- White water dr- at the river oaks condos incase she had been abducted there and the car dumped by at PTL by perps- so searching there made sense, but the remains found may or may not be related- my gut feeling it is possible related to SO in the area

Perfect example of how you never know what can happen & where someone can be. Right now in Rochester, NY there is a 20 yr old man that went missing 1/1/14. Someone happened to see a photo of a homeless man in the USA Today that looked like him. Man even has the same first name. Family is en route as the photographer stays with him. Turns out photographer was Rochester native & returned to where he was & located him. Even if this is just a striking similarity it shows that awareness is key & you never know where a missing person could end up or their circumstances.

I hope today is the day for HE's coincidental sighting or lead & she's brought home! Where are you HE?

https://www.facebook.com/events/228984663950339/

Edited to add link to missing mans page in the event anyone would like to read the story. (Mods pls remove is not ok) I don't want to distract from HE but love the example of hope & how awareness is necessary in all locations.

They didn't work together, I have asked. from what I'm told Amber left a few months prior to Heather getting hired sometime in 2012.

Thank you! (Not sure that my phone emojis work here?)

Well if I am confused, it's the media confusing me as to when she texted her dad--the 17th was Tuesday night.

"Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message"

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/03/3188465/weekend-searches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

I think I recall the dad saying the last time he actually saw HE was Monday.
But I don't know where that article went.

Here it is:
"He said the last time he saw Heather was on Monday the 16th, just a few days before she went missing. Family members write on social media Heather's phone has been turned off and was last active around 3am last Wednesday."

From 12/27 article on
www.wbtw.com/

This also phrases the info about the phone differently.
Says it has been turned off but was last active at 3am. I interpret this to mean she actually called or texted someone at 3am and sometime after that, it was turned off or battery went out. Not that at 3am the phone was off. As we were thinking earlier.

ETA: info and link about last seen by dad info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent sleuthing, and very interesting re: phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member