SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After this case, I don't think I will stay over night in MB again. I've learned too much about their dark side.

Maybe...but knowing the area, I cannot imagine anyone picking PTL as a meeting place. There are just too many other places, more convient to meet someone without being seen or raising suspicion if LE did happened to be patrolling the area.

Because:
  1. it may have been close to the person(s) home she was meeting with.
  2. it may have been close to where person(s) had to get the drugs.

Plus, there's absolutely no place else to park along Peachtree Rd. without causing even more suspicion. You can't park on the side of the road or on someone else's property. At PTL, there is plenty of space for two cars to meet up and to turn around comfortably. Maybe HE initially thought that she would be making a transaction without even getting out of her car? Plus, it's pretty hidden so, no one would see what you were doing.

Also, when I was there the other day, it is deafeningly quite. And, that was in the middle of the afternoon. I couldn't imagine at night. The houses that are right there would have to have heard cars or a door being shut. Not to mention someone that has a dog and would bark if it heard a noise. I know our dog does at 3am all the time.

After this case, I don't think I will stay over night in MB again. I've learned too much about their dark side.

Not to stick up for MB but crime can happen anywhere. It's really up to the person to be aware and use whatever protection they have I always tell girlfriend to make sure if someone tries to abduct her to never let them get her out of the area she is already in and to fight tooth and nail. I am more then willing to give up money if someone wants it, car etc.. If they want me their going to have to earn it. Mickey shnuick fought and its what helped get her attacker.

It's also posted on Nancy Grace's webpage that they will be discussing the case on tonight's episode. The tagline read: "Where is 20 year old Heather Elvis?" I'm so glad the case is finally gaining some publicity and I hope it helps to bring her home.

Thank God. Finally.

(This is an example of the public can rally together to get things done. The fb petitions were crucial, and thank you to everyone who participated!)

Does anyone know if HE was into anything gore related?

You would think. Especially if it weren't a truck with a boat hitch (even more suspicious IMO). There must not have been any police patrol at PTL all of Wednesday. HE's car was reported by a woman who called LE (she originally stated it was there since Monday then, later said Wednesday). Car was not identified until Thursday the 19th.

I might investigate the person who called in the car a little.

Because:
  1. it may have been close to the person(s) home she was meeting with.
  2. it may have been close to where person(s) had to get the drugs.

Plus, there's absolutely no place else to park along Peachtree Rd. without causing even more suspicion. You can't park on the side of the road or on someone else's property. At PTL, there is plenty of space for two cars to meet up and to turn around comfortably. Maybe HE initially thought that she would be making a transaction without even getting out of her car? Plus, it's pretty hidden so, no one would see what you were doing.

Also, when I was there the other day, it is deafeningly quite. And, that was in the middle of the afternoon. I couldn't imagine at night. The houses that are right there would have to have heard cars or a door being shut. Not to mention someone that has a dog and would bark if it heard a noise. I know our dog does at 3am all the time.

Thats a reeeeaaaalllly good and plausible answer to the question of 'Why PTL out of all places'

My problem is the car. I'm just not sure if she was meeting someone or if it was a stash point. To me if the cops patrol it you wouldn't even take the risk.

That night was busy, there was a shooting and they were trying to apprehend 2 men that ran on Hwy 544.

That night was busy, there was a shooting and they were trying to apprehend 2 men that ran on Hwy 544.

Seems like their always chasing after someone down there and they don't get them.

<respectfully snipped>

I hope they ask everyone in all of MB and surrounding areas to search their properties especially if they have out buildings, barns, empty rentals- there are a lot of empty places where someone could be held, and the temp will be dropping for a while.

You know what gets me? You think LE would have told the public this in the beginning, to check their properties, etc., as LE seems to do in many other cases. The more eyes out, the better. Time is of essence. I hate to say it, but could this mean they have some evidence where they think time is not of essence? :(

I am not going to comment anymore on LE's lack of appealing to the public, because who really knows whats going on behind the scenes. We have seen cases here where LE was totally silent, and then BAM, come to find out they were working hard 24-7 all along and had someone in their sights. I so hope this is the case and I tend to believe it is, jmo, especially with all the attention via fb, the family's commitment, the remains being found, the other cases in the area...etc. I'm going to guess they have someone in their sights and are moving in. Honestly, I've felt this from the beginning.

To me, the lack of presser indicates they don't think they need any help from the public. (And if that's the case, then where is Heather? I'm going to guess they are waiting on someone to break and spill the beans, and are building their case, gathering and processing leads and evidence, etc.) Everything is jmo.

(o/t, first day back to work here for me after the holidays (teacher) so I won't be posting as much, but I will be checking in here every day to see what progress has been made in finding Heather!!~!)

Stay warm out there, its cold as heck.

PeterThomasfan.. your description of PTL being deafeningly quiet , even in the middle of the afternoon, is one of the reasons I don't think she would of met someone there for a drug deal. Like you said , at 3 a.m , the neighbors should of heard car noises. . I have never been involved with a drug deal, but I wouldn't think the exchange would take but a few minutes. If I was wanting to score/sell drugs, I would think it would be better to be someplace where I could easily explain to an officer on patrol, what I was doing in that area.

Your theory could be right, but I tend to think PTL is too out of the way, no easy explanation for being there at that time of night and no easy exit to make a run for it if the police stumbled across the deal going down. JMO

Blue pickup? Wasn't that the same color car as with the girl who escaped the attempted abduction attempt in MB? I don't think that car was described as "nice" or "new" though.

Also while we're trying to nail down the timeline IMO the Tumblr postings are in no way proof that she was at her apartment at that time. She posts a high volume on specified days (11, 14, 16, 18), without any random single postings on other days, at least in December. Point being, when I was very active on Tumblr I, and many other high volume Tumblrs I followed, would make use of the Queue feature which can post things for you in batches at a specific future date. The things posted on the 18th were similar thematically which indicates they were found around the same time from poetry tumblrs she either already follows or sought out. Unless she followed hundreds or thousands of users which she would spend a very long amount of time perusing it's unlikely she would've found all those posts at the same time and reblogged them immediately. JMO.

Edit: I see via RSS the times are kind of random. I think with queueing posts the time would show up as the same when the batch gets uploaded. So nevermind, probably!

Just lamenting about the lack of concrete timeline. Someone else posted a very good point earlier that her phone could've died for reasons unrelated to her disappearance and at a completely different time.

Contrary to what some of you believe, Law Enforcement here is quite capable of handling this situation. They are not the Keystone Cops :)

I have this feeling of an impending resolution. I don't think it will be a positive one, but I feel like something is about to happen.

Mamacita is great with timelines...let me see what she's up to...I wonder if she had her baby yet? Maybe that's why I haven't seen her! :baby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member