SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't go through. I've had some question. I apologize if they have already been asked and answered.

1. Did she carry a purse?

2. Where is her purse?

3. Where are her drivers license?

4. Was she on any daily medication ( bc, vitamins, prescripton, etc)? If so...where is the meds at?

5. Was she prescribed any controlled meds for her fall? If so...where are they at?

6. Was her car lock manual or did it have a key clicker that could lock/unlock it from a distance? Did it have a panic button?

Please excuse any spelling/grammer, I am posting from my phone.

Regarding the purse, if you see my post 453 from this thread, MSM reported that Terry Elvis stated Heather's purse and phone have not been found.
So that would tell me she carried a purse and as of the date of that media report it hasn't been found.

I've asked Ladyhawkke to clarify because last night she said the only items missing were her keys and her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the purse, if you see my post 453 from this thread, MSM reported that Terry Elvis stated Heather's purse and phone have not been found.
So that would tell me she carried a purse and as of the date of that media report it hasn't been found.

I've asked Ladyhawkke to clarify because last night she said the only items missing were her keys and her phone.

Thanks sharethelight. The reason I am still asking about the purse is because there have not been any consistant information regarding if there was one and where it is at.

Fear would keep people from cooperating.
Fear of getting caught
Fear of retribution
Fear of other illegal information coming out that one could possibly get in trouble for
Fear of losing someone
Fear of societal reaction
Fear of losing a job

I imagine that fear is the only thing that keeps someone from cooperating.
Heather deserves better.

I do not think anyone will come forward to confess they had a part in her disappearance but I would like to think that if someone knows something and wasn't directly involved in her disappearance that compassion, love of humanity, and plain human decency would trump fear.
Though I don't have a lot of faith that it will. Fear is a powerful creature.

Also I think I should add that posts from others on the FHEFB in all caps about people (specifically in this forum) being "dark & twisty" & that they need to stop blaming individuals who are trying to get on with their lives... is only going to keep people from possibly reporting something they think should be looked into because they don't want to be accused of blaming innocent people. Luckily, I had reported the things I'd heard and found days before that post ( & even before that particular individual was mentioned in this forum) because I might not have if I'd seen that post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all due respect, if you are being abducted I don't think habit would kick in as far as locking your car door. I think habit DID kick in though...in that she got out of her car, locked her door and got into someone else's car because she had no reason to think she was in danger. I would bet that her apartment was locked as well, for the same reason. She locked it on her way out to meet this person.

100% agree.

1.) Does HE's 2001 Dodge Intrepid have a factory alarm system?

2.) Does it automatically "arm" after doors are closed?

Here is a very interesting read that I would highly suggest that everyone reads.

If you ever worked in the food industry, you can relate. If not, then it will only help you better understand the world behind the kitchen doors so to speak.

And this article was published here in Myrtle Beach!

Also, if you know Anthony Bourdain or have read his book, "Kitchen Confidential", he gets even more detailed.

The Sassy Server: Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal in the Kitchen

Are there no new details on this case? I did learn the picture is now shared (the one HE sent her dad driving a stick shift) Which I found important. looks more like she does now..'hair color' etc... this picture should be on her poster...

Here is a very interesting read that I would highly suggest that everyone reads.

If you ever worked in the food industry, you can relate. If not, then it will only help you better understand the world behind the kitchen doors so to speak.

And this article was published here in Myrtle Beach!

Also, if you know Anthony Bourdain or have read his book, "Kitchen Confidential", he gets even more detailed.

The Sassy Server: Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal in the Kitchen

I work in rehabilitation and don't recommend restaurant jobs for those in drug rehabilitation or drug dealers cause it will be too much temptation for them, but the food industry is one that will often hire those with criminal records and they dont have as many opportunities for work and end up there-hard for someone to stay clean there or get out of a seedy lifestyle working in many restaurants. If someone is good at the job, turns the work out, management often looks the other way, or is often involved themselves- great places for dealers to work and pick up business. Construction industry pretty much the same. Also hard for me to come up with job recommendations for sex offenders, especially predatory, always realize the responsibility to public safety.

have a friend who is HR manager and when she gets called re an injury at work- bug bite, stumped toe, whatever- she says send to urgent care- doc on the block care- and make sure to drug test- with big corps and chains its often policy- pot stays in the system longer than most drugs- especially with habitual pot smoker- let my clients know this as many habitual criminal offenders smoke pot, will fail drug tests, at least when they come of probation, and they do find ways to beat the drug tests- if its a urine test, i think one of the most common ways is to sneak someone else's urine.

I come on here everyday, I scour the news, facebook and any comments or links posted. I sooooo pray for something that leads to Heather! I don't know her at all, I only know the area because I live here, but I can honestly say this is a nightmare. I don't know how her family is holding up other than God providing them with strength only He can provide. God be with them!!

The thing that bothers me is why park a car at a boat landing if you abducted someone. The car is going to be found pretty fast. I am also having a hard time figuring out if their saying the phone went if at 341 am or that was the last time someone talked to her.

Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else. No, she hasn't answered ANY calls...as her phone has been off since the last reported use. That, in itself, is enough to cause concern as she NEVER turned her phone off.

Thank you LadyHawkke for this valuable post.
"Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else." is what you posted.
All the speculation of her purse, driver's license, phone charger, etc. is moot in regards to Heather's situation, as those items are Not missing.
The public does not know where those items are but LE and/or family knows because those items are Not missing.
Therefore one could deduct that it is possible that her purse was found in the car or found at home or found somewhere else, as it is not missing, only Heather, her keys and her phone.
Hypothetically if her purse was found at home with her drivers license in it, why did she drive her car without a license? Did she drive her car to PTL?
If her purse was found in the car, then hypothetically, Heather could have driven to PTL herself, if her drivers license was found in the purse. It has not been released, to my knowledge where her purse and her driver's license were actually seen/found. The critical information is, Heather is missing, along with her keys and phone.
Also, the info from January 3rd that states that Heather's Dad says that 2 items have not been located
https://twitter.com/StephRobusto/status/419268336304664577
and in Thread 3 post 867 CarolinaAsh states:

"Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here."

Now, the twitter account post to the reporter states that 2 items have not been located. I know CarolinaAsh mentions the purse and cellphone, but the reporter's response was generic in that 2 items have not been located.
I wonder if it is possible that her purse was found between January 3rd and now, or if there was initially a miscommunication somewhere.
As what currently is being stated by LadyHawwke (who is a Verified Poster) is that only Heather, her keys and cellphone are missing.
IMOO.

General question for our long-term members...do you know if there have ever been cases where WS'ers were speculating about something that LE was working up, behind the scenes, and LE requested them to back off? Can they do that? Sometimes I worry that we may be onto something, and then that that will clue someone else who is reading on here, and possibly mess things up. I have heard that WS has been instrumental in solving one case specifically, and maybe more, and that LE reads here. But, for example, if we keep discussing that there is no POI and that LE should be giving more info to the public, and they are keeping quiet because they do, in fact, have a POI, can we be doing more harm than good?

Just something I think about...

Sorry that I missed the explanation somehow, but what are we comparing here exactly? TIA

Someone mentioned in a previous post that they've never seen a profile/side shot of HE. Only straight on. Hence the picture. Also shows difference is weight "appearance" around chin/neck area. *Not sure of the date of pic on right though.

Please forgive me if this has been gone over before. I have read every thread, but I think this may be something from one of the early posts..... The location of the car: was it "parked" - like in a parking place, or just "dropped off" - not in a parking place?

In other words, did someone park it there in a normal spot, or did someone just dump it?

Also - on the carry a purse/not carry a purse issue..... how do young women get along never carrying a purse? Kleenex? comb/brush? "Supplies"??

tia

I posted photos of PTL. There are no designated 'parking places'. It's just the boat ramp with pavement on each side~more of the right side than the left. There is an area in front of the boat ramp that's just big enough for a vehicle to turn around and leave the landing.

"Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else." is what you posted.
All the speculation of her purse, driver's license, phone charger, etc. is moot in regards to Heather's situation, as those items are Not missing.
The public does not know where those items are but LE and/or family knows because those items are Not missing.
Therefore one could deduct that it is possible that her purse was found in the car or found at home or found somewhere else, as it is not missing, only Heather, her keys and her phone.
Hypothetically if her purse was found at home with her drivers license in it, why did she drive her car without a license? Did she drive her car to PTL?
If her purse was found in the car, then hypothetically, Heather could have driven to PTL herself, if her drivers license was found in the purse. It has not been released, to my knowledge where her purse and her driver's license were actually seen/found. The critical information is, Heather is missing, along with her keys and phone.
Also, the info from January 3rd that states that Heather's Dad says that 2 items have not been located

"Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here."

Now, the twitter account post to the reporter states that 2 items have not been located. I know CarolinaAsh mentions the purse and cellphone, but the reporter's response was generic in that 2 items have not been located.
I wonder if it is possible that her purse was found between January 3rd and now, or if there was initially a miscommunication somewhere.
As what currently is being stated by LadyHawwke (who is a Verified Poster) is that only Heather, her keys and cellphone are missing.
IMOO.

A few posts back I've mentioned this exact post and the discrepancy and asked Ladyhawkke for clarification.

The photo in the car in the black and white (?) top...is that from the night she was last seen? She looks very different indeed from the photo NG was showing, not at all like the same person, IMO. I would think there would be many false sightings.

IMOO.

Personally and moo, the dogs did not "hit" on HE's car so perhaps she did not drive it to PTL? Purely speculation on my part but perhaps HE's car was left at PTL by someone to throw LE off. If that is the case, where was HE last? Wherever that location is --- bring the dogs there & search it. I would tend to believe that you'd start at HE's apartment and expand outward from there.

As always, moo.

It is trying to narrow down the field from an overall view to a specific question. For example do they have a complete inventory of her possessions prior to disappearance to know if a particular item is missing. The only way to know is to ask. Thus the questions regarding cell phone charger...is her wall and car charger accounted for. Did she have her drivers license in her purse, back pocket, or compartment on her phone.

All of these little question can help determine if it was a planned excursion and something went wrong, or spur of the moment. It's all about finding little answers to discover answers to the bigger questions. So, I personally don't think questions like these are moot until some clarification has been given.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that they've never seen a profile/side shot of HE. Only straight on. Hence the picture. Also shows difference is weight "appearance" around chin/neck area. *Not sure of the date of pic on right though.

She dont seem distressed either in the night pic. Is the night pic the one from her date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow