SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't turn into another Gayle McCaffrey case where it's known who did it and there isn't enough evidence to convict. :praying: for evidence in this case.

I don't recall hearing dog's didn't 'hit' on HE's car. IMO it would depend on what type of dogs they were using and what they were using them for. If using search dogs, I don't see how they 'couldn't' hit on her car, since her scent would be all over that car. If it was cadaver dogs they were using, then I could see them not hitting on her car.

I don't recall anything about dogs hitting on the car. However, if they did use search dogs at PTL trying to find her scent, what does that do to the theory that HE drove there, got out of her car and into someone else's car? There have been cases where LE has gone back as late as 6-7 days later with bloodhounds and the dogs picked up a scent. If the dogs do track HE's scent around where the car was parked, it would back up the theory that she did drive there and got out of the car.

Lastly, why does TE state that Heather's interest in becoming a makeup artist "came out of the blue"?

"The cosmetology thing came out of the blue, she wanted to become a make-up artist and work the runway."
http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

A day or two ago, HE's cosmetology license was linked in a post showing she had an interest in the trade since she was in high school and had successfully pursued the necessary education. I wondered and posted then why she hadn't been working in the industry already.
I'm curious is all as disconnects perplex me (head tilt).

I think the "out of the blue" refers to the job opportunity, not HE's interest in that field.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Gayle McCaffrey case where it's known who did it and there isn't enough evidence to convict. :praying: for evidence in this case.

Gayle McCaffrey? Not familiar with that case. Sooner for the evidence, I can't imagine the pain of this!!

I have been searching for a link from MSM about the purse being missing, but I haven't found the link yet.

Could you post the link please where it states that the purse is missing, not the twitter link that states 2 items are missing.

I know in the case of Missing Jessica Heeringa, LE said that she and her boyfriend shared their cellphone, and he had the cellphone the night Jessica went missing, but there was a TV reporter and an article on line that stated that a cellphone was found in the Exxon station along with her purse, so did Jessica have a second phone that her boyfriend was unaware of, or was the TV reporter mistaken? That TV reporter and the online article was from a reputable source, so that's conflicting in itself.

Sometimes MSM doesn't have the correct info, or it was correct at the time, but not anymore, etc.

I am not disputing that there is a MSM link to Heather's purse being missing, I want to read it and I can't find it.

A verified insider to Heather's case, like LadyHawwke, I would trust her info over MSM, incase there are mistakes made by the media.

IMOO.

The only link I have is the one to the twitter page. CarolinaAsh heard it on the broadcast one night then waited to have it posted on line. It didn't show up and people doubted her info so she reached out to news station to confirm that TE said purse and phone were not found, and reporter responded to her saying TE said THOSE two items have not been located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a very interesting read that I would highly suggest that everyone reads.

If you ever worked in the food industry, you can relate. If not, then it will only help you better understand the world behind the kitchen doors so to speak.

And this article was published here in Myrtle Beach!

Also, if you know Anthony Bourdain or have read his book, "Kitchen Confidential", he gets even more detailed.

The Sassy Server: Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal in the Kitchen

Great read and extremely relevant!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good thought. But what could she have left there? She apparently had her phone between the end of the date and the time it was turned off. Her purse? Her driver's license? The restaurant's phone # would be in her phone activity.

Maybe it is in there and that's why certain people aren't cooperated with the police. I thought its possible she left her purse. She might not of put her cell phone in the purse and her license could have been in her pocket. Then again you could ask the question how do forget your purse. Personally I forget everything and anything. I always take the stance it will turn up eventually. There have been times I've left my car on and went into stores.

For a couple of weeks now, my theory has been that of Hikergirl : HE boarded a boat at PTL for a cruise. We were told it was a full moon night and relatively warm for December. I have been on those waters at night and a full moon night is quite a help even with marine running lights on the boat. From that point there are many many landing spots from here to Georgetown or in the northern waterway direction also. All home owners with land and buildings on these numerous bodies of water should be asked to thoroughly check for anything suspicious. These properties along waterfront locations are not even visible from the streets. Most have unmarked entrances, little roads leading from the highway down to the house, out buildings and waterfront landings.

Here is a very interesting read that I would highly suggest that everyone reads.

If you ever worked in the food industry, you can relate. If not, then it will only help you better understand the world behind the kitchen doors so to speak.

And this article was published here in Myrtle Beach!

Also, if you know Anthony Bourdain or have read his book, "Kitchen Confidential", he gets even more detailed.

The Sassy Server: Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal in the Kitchen

Definitely true. But in the restaurants I've worked at, the drug use and sex was more rampant among the front of house team (servers and bartenders). Never in my life have I met a group of people who can party harder than that group. There were nights where I feared for friends/coworkers lives because of the sheer amount of drugs they would take.

If there were people that were not cooperating with police ...wouldn't they be a person of interest? I'm afraid if the police don't start releasing more info this case is going to go cold before it is even two months old !!

If there were people that were not cooperating with police ...wouldn't they be a person of interest? I'm afraid if the police don't start releasing more info this case is going to go cold before it is even two months old !!

There has been very little activity on FHEFB today. No posts from family/admin which I find a little strange. It's Sunday but I would have thought that after the search yesterday someone would have posted something by now. They usually post a photo and a thanks to the searchers. I keep thinking about the saying "it's always calmest before the storm".

There has been very little activity on FHEFB today. No posts from family/admin which I find a little strange. It's Sunday but I would have thought that after the search yesterday someone would have posted something by now. They usually post a photo and a thanks to the searchers. I keep thinking about the saying "it's always calmest before the storm".

Are they not searching today? :(

If it were me, I'd put out the names of every person who is not cooperating. Let the public put pressure on them. Get their friends and neighbors thinking whether or not they saw them during the crucial days. Put it all out there.
Privacy, smh, not entitled to it when you aren't cooperating in a missing persons case. Hire a dang lawyer if needed but cooperate!

And that my friends is exactly why I'd never make it as an investigator.

I wonder what "not cooperating" means in this case. Refusing to speak to LE? Can't really do anything about that. Someone telling LE that Heather called (i.e that last contact) but they "can't recall the conversation"? Refusing to provide an alibi? What??

I've noticed that too ! Just hope that more info is going to come out soon..As time goes on ...the case will get colder ...I know there is a reason the police aren't mentioning the last cell phone ping.....Just scared this case is going to get cold..

I'm on my phone. But I do think it was repeated in a national media outlet re: purse and phone. When I get back to my desk I'll have a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If the final ping was in the area of her home, that probably does not tell them much, IMO. But it seems it should have pinged at or near the place(s) she was if she went out again, as she would not turn off phone or remove battery as she was heading out the door to get food, meet someone, etc.

If it last pinged near her car at the landing, it could mean it was taken from her there or put in the water.

Would this landing be a good place to leave a car if you were meeting up to go someplace in another car? Would she know it would be found soon and returned to her family, for instance? Or it it on the way to somewhere young people go, i.e. another town, and she planned to pick it up later?

I'm on my phone. But I do think it was repeated in a national media outlet re: purse and phone. When I get back to my desk I'll have a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I was hoping you'd chime in :) I was feeling a bit like you did when you first heard the broadcast.

Are they not searching today? :(

Not sure? I don't think so.

If it were me, I'd put out the names of every person who is not cooperating. Let the public put pressure on them. Get their friends and neighbors thinking whether or not they saw them during the crucial days. Put it all out there.
Privacy, smh, not entitled to it when you aren't cooperating in a missing persons case. Hire a dang lawyer if needed but cooperate!
[/URL]

Same here lol. I think you nailed it in your earlier post about fear. Not cooperating doesn't necessarily mean guilt of harming HE, but it could be that, if they talk, they may tell on themselves for something else not even related to HEs disappearance.

Something that the LT. said earlier was that 'no one will admit to speaking to HE' after her call to BW at 2:30...so whoever called her or she called or texted at 3:41 isn't admitting it or they don't know who it was...because if they knew who it was they could prove it from the phone records, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow