SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lastly, why does TE state that Heather's interest in becoming a makeup artist "came out of the blue"?

"The cosmetology thing came out of the blue, she wanted to become a make-up artist and work the runway."
http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

A day or two ago, HE's cosmetology license was linked in a post showing she had an interest in the trade since she was in high school and had successfully pursued the necessary education. I wondered and posted then why she hadn't been working in the industry already.
I'm curious is all as disconnects perplex me (head tilt).
When I first read that, I took it to mean that finding a job in the industry is what came out of the blue, not her interest in it.

I went back and re-read, and I see your point, though. :)

Quote: "... Heather was interested in cosmetology and he even helped her to land an interview with a local salon. Terry said Heather went to the salon and was offered a job as a make-up artist. She was excited and set to begin work the week of Christmas. “The cosmetology thing came out of the blue, she wanted to be a make-up artist and work the runway. ...""
http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

From thread #3:

I knew this had been asked before and as far as I can tell has not been answered. Did they use air scent or tracking dogs where HE's car was found? I am sure they did. But looks like if she had drove her car there her scent would have been picked up IMO. But I am not an expert on air scent or tracking dogs :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

This is another of those missing items we don't have. I remember this being brought up and didn't consider it at the time. Now I'm wondering if this would have helped to determine if HE drove the car there. It seems most of us are divided on whether or not she would've driven there to meet someone or the car was planted there.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

According to this post I ran across on thread 1, Heather did some modelling for Imports on the Beach.

As I was trying to view her pictures, I noticed that on the day Heather disappeared, but not until 7:00 p.m. on the 18th, Wednesday night, this organization was having a fund raising event in Myrtle Beach.

An idea that's a real stretch but I feel the need to mention this lightbulb moment that went off in my head when I saw imported cars mentioned. My husband was an Army careerist and we lived in Thailand for years/twice.
As a result of a plea made through my church group, I visited the women's prison for the purpose of trying to connect with an American woman prisoner (practically a girl - about HE's age) who had been apprehended in Thailand for drug smuggling. She was promised $10,000 from someone back in the states but believed the mission had something to do with fancy imported cars and she was getting a free trip to Thailand. I never quite understood her explanation but never pressed her to make the story clear to me. What was done was done and she was incarcerated in a foreign country with no outside support.

It seems very unlikely and I have no idea why Heather would leave in the middle of the night, but what if she signed on to do something like this?
The girl I met with didn't disappear (she told her family she'd be gone) until she couldn't get home again. Can you imagine when they got that phone call? But, at least, they knew where she was and what happened to her.

My imagination gets away from me sometimes but this is a scenario I know can be real. Just can't believe anybody really would buy into it but also realize peeps can be tricked. Was it ever determined if Heather has a passport?
This is farfetched I know. And, wouldn't law enforcement check if her passpost has been used as well?

Anyway, mainly want to point out the coincidence of the event date and Heather going missing. Who may have come into town specifically for the event Wednesday night? Anyone she met previously when modelling for this organization? Did Heather have plans to attend the event that evening?

Yes, I have seen that and the one aspect/angle i have not been able to shake is the modeling/photography. There are so many connections when you start to dig into that. I continue to dig in that direction. I have send a tip into LE so I assume they are looking at that angle as well. The one thing about that that I have not been able to find is the photo on her FB page dated 11/20 i think it was, an obvious modeling photo, and no watermark on photo to indicate photographer. I can link all her other modeling photos to who took the picture except that one. And i believe that was the most recent.
The cars connection wraps into the photography connection I think.
I do think this was not random and that HE knew whoever it was. Could she have been lured out by the promise of a photo shoot?

Was so hoping and praying to wake up and find something new and positive about the search for HE! It's excruciating to me and I don't even know this child! Taking prayers up a notch...for her, the family and the people who are tirelessly working to find her!!!

I also think 1.) she left to PTL willingly but all the evidence of foul play, signs of struggle, blood (if any), anything forensics is somewhere else miles away from PTL with no sign or trail to its location... After she got out of her car and got into someone else's, that is when the trail got cut. 2.) God only knows where she was taken to and how it came about that she was to stay against her will. I don't believe 3.) LE has any information significantly different to what we here at WS have, otherwise there wouldn't be this much silence and plea for public tips from LE and the victims family. I HATE to be the bearer of blunt unbiased opinion but in all honesty I feel like after all the fb shares, likes and national coverage 4.) if someone knew something or saw something that could lead to a conclusion to this terrible case, they would have stepped forward by now, or they never will.

1.) Agree.

2.) Maybe you were just using a "figure of speech" here but, I think someone other than [a] God absolutely knows where HE is.

3.) Sure they do. Just the same, there are some interesting things here at WS that LE probably hasn't looked into yet. IMO, I think being completely "tight-lipped" is hurting more than it is helping.

4.) Maybe it's just that they don't know that they know something or saw something [yet].

Please forgive me if this has been gone over before. I have read every thread, but I think this may be something from one of the early posts..... The location of the car: was it "parked" - like in a parking place, or just "dropped off" - not in a parking place?

In other words, did someone park it there in a normal spot, or did someone just dump it?

Also - on the carry a purse/not carry a purse issue..... how do young women get along never carrying a purse? Kleenex? comb/brush? "Supplies"??

tia

IMO, I think being completely "tight-lipped" is hurting more than it is helping.

LE silence wouldn't hurt if they have a solid suspect.... then the silence is totally understandable. That's what I've thought from the beginning and in the past couple of days I've started doubting my original theory but I'm back on it now. I believe they know who did it based on:

1) the 3:41 am call that they won't talk about.

2) Information given to them by HE's friends about who she was seeing and who the 'call' was from and what was going on in HE's life at the time

3) Interviews they have more than likely already had with the suspect.

It is IMO imperative that they find HE and the sooner the better. I believe LE is busy building a case.

LE silence wouldn't hurt if they have a solid suspect.... then the silence is totally understandable. That's what I've thought from the beginning and in the past couple of days I've started doubting my original theory but I'm back on it now. I believe they know who did it based on:

1) the 3:41 am call that they won't talk about.

2) Information given to them by HE's friends about who she was seeing and who the 'call' was from and what was going on in HE's life at the time

3) Interviews they have more than likely already had with the suspect.

It is IMO imperative that they find HE and the sooner the better. I believe LE is busy building a case.

And to add to your post, teri037, the fact that LE has reported that some people are not cooperating with the investigation. I cannot imagine anyone in my life not cooperating with LE; but, as we see time and time again, it happens. Who would not cooperate in finding her and why? I concur with your current theory.

And to add to your post, teri037, the fact that LE has reported that some people are not cooperating with the investigation. I cannot imagine anyone in my life not cooperating with LE; but, as we see time and time again, it happens. Who would not cooperate in finding her and why? I concur with your current theory.

And another thing to add is TE's pleas that 'someone' has information and we have hired police to protect you. Don't be afraid, do what's right, we will protect you....this plea went on for days and it always felt to me like they were talking to a specific person.

Fear would keep people from cooperating.
Fear of getting caught
Fear of retribution
Fear of other illegal information coming out that one could possibly get in trouble for
Fear of losing someone
Fear of societal reaction
Fear of losing a job

I imagine that fear is the only thing that keeps someone from cooperating.
Heather deserves better.

I do not think anyone will come forward to confess they had a part in her disappearance but I would like to think that if someone knows something and wasn't directly involved in her disappearance that compassion, love of humanity, and plain human decency would trump fear.
Though I don't have a lot of faith that it will. Fear is a powerful creature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

random musings... I don't see her texting her dad as being an issue. I've always talked my dad often, we text roughly daily. now, my daughter doesn't speak to her dad often, but this depends on relationships. I suspect Heathers family is close.

another thought, and I've almost discounted it due to the location of the car. but throwing it out here anyway. years ago, Gary Michael Hilton kidnapped & murdered a beautiful lady, Cheryl Dunlap... her car was found on side of road, her body was found later in the woods. could heather have helped someone, for whatever reason? was she that type, trusting?

also, I may have missed this, but do we know if the last call/text was incoming or outgoing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If someone had a plan to hurt/abduct someone, they wouldn't call the person first and leave that evidence out there for LE, unless they are stupid which is entirely possible.

If HE was the one who called, then it would point to the fact that there wasn't a plan to hurt her because she was the one initiating the meeting.

So in either case, IF the 3:41 am call is relevant then it's entirely possible that whatever happened was an 'accident' for lack of a better word.

Maybe she met with someone she knew, someone she had met there before and something happened during that meeting. An argument that got out of control and resulted in her death maybe? (I pray not).

I'm not sure if what happened to her was pre-meditated.

I'm not completely caught up because I was searching for some other info when I was sidetracked by the info contained in my post above.

But, two things, I see a ball style cap on the dash of the truck. Could be 'trucker' style or 'field' style - something like that. They are taller, bigger hats
(check out Justin Bieber wearing too big ball style caps and rappers tend to wear them too).
And, someone (think it was HE's aunt) told us that HE didn't carry a purse but used her pocket to carry her debit card. I swear she said HE's d.l. was left on the seat of the car.
I was looking for the post where I read the no purse info before getting sidetracked. It crossed my mind that maybe they don't want the info out there (but it got out). Don't know what difference it makes.
Also I swear someone posted a picture of HE's keys in the vehicle's ignition but nobody has discussed that post either.

Sometimes I think people are messing with out minds around here - ha! :tantrum:

*If you were around during Caylee's case, you'll understand!

Here is original post with close-up of HE's keys"
Post #527 with close-up of HE's keys

I created another version today and adjusted a bit in Photoshop to enhance. (See HE-keys-2.jpg) and include a picture of a factory remote for a Dodge Intrepid.

Looks to me like house key, member card, a red (velvet)heart, feather, and possibly a car alarm remote.

I tried comparing member card with all of the ones that my wife has and did not come up with any match. (Lowes Home Improvement, Lowes Food, Food Lion, Champs, BiLo, Piggly Wiggly, CVS, RiteAid, Pet Smart, Office Depot, AutoZone, Burkes Outlet) So, I cannot make a positive ID on the member card. With that info, it would be possible to trace any activity (if any). Worth a shot IMO!

If that is actually a car alarm remote, then we all know, out of habit, once we get out of our cars, we automatically click the "arm" button on the remote. And, in some models, the alarm system automatically "arms" the vehicle after the doors are shut. Could possibly explain HE's car being locked when it was found!

Attachments

• HE-keys-2.jpg
    HE-keys-2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 72
  • intrepid-remote.jpg
    intrepid-remote.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 46
I'm not completely caught up because I was searching for some other info when I was sidetracked by the info contained in my post above.

But, two things, I see a ball style cap on the dash of the truck. Could be 'trucker' style or 'field' style - something like that. They are taller, bigger hats
(check out Justin Bieber wearing too big ball style caps and rappers tend to wear them too).
<Mod Snip>
I was looking for the post where I read the no purse info before getting sidetracked. It crossed my mind that maybe they don't want the info out there (but it got out). Don't know what difference it makes.
Also I swear someone posted a picture of HE's keys in the vehicle's ignition but nobody has discussed that post either.

Sometimes I think people are messing with out minds around here - ha! :tantrum:

*If you were around during Caylee's case, you'll understand!

What an evil biatch Casey Anthony is...I totally understand what you're saying about "messing with our minds" when you mention poor Caylee's case.

1) the 3:41 am call that they won't talk about. And the statement in one of the news reports "that was the last time anyone would "admit" to speaking her"

3) Interviews they have more than likely already had with the suspect. Or those associated with the suspect. Maybe someone is giving that person false alibi?

Finding her will solidify their case, I wonder if they even know exactly what happened to her?

There's a lot to that statement on cooperation, I go back to my earlier comment in the news report about the admitting speaking to her. If they true last conversation were online or by phone LE would have proof of it, however it it were in person someone would have to admit to it. I think this is the case.

If someone had a plan to hurt/abduct someone, they wouldn't call the person first and leave that evidence out there for LE, unless they are stupid which is entirely possible.

If HE was the one who called, then it would point to the fact that there wasn't a plan to hurt her because HE was the one initiating the meeting.

So in either case, IF the 3:41 am call is relevant then it's entirely possible that whatever happened was an 'accident' for lack of a better word.

Maybe she met with someone she knew, someone she had met there before and something happened during that meeting. An argument that got out of control and resulted in her death maybe? (I pray not).

I'm not sure if what happened to her was pre-meditated.
I don't think it is either.

Not sure, but I thought someone who knows Heather said the model-like photos were taken by a friend, nothing more?

Also we have seen cases, such as Dylan, Hailey D. and Katelyn where finding their bodies did not bring about charges, as many expected...so many posts that once they were found, charges would come, were made at time. Not the case, unless they have almost enough evidence without finding him or her. JMO

If that is actually a car alarm remote, then we all know, out of habit, once we get out of our cars, we automatically click the "arm" button on the remote. And, in some models, the alarm system automatically "arms" the vehicle after the doors are shut. Could possibly explain HE's car being locked when it was found!

With all due respect, if you are being abducted I don't think habit would kick in as far as locking your car door. I think habit DID kick in though...in that she got out of her car, locked her door and got into someone else's car because she had no reason to think she was in danger. I would bet that her apartment was locked as well, for the same reason. She locked it on her way out to meet this person.

Its too big to be a hat. Its her purse... the car wasn't moving. (oversized) hat or not, why would something that big be in the way of her view if she was in neutral switching to 1st just learning how to drive stick. I think perhaps she noticed he had a stick shift and thought about her dad teaching her, told a funny story maybe, told her date to take a picture of her and ran around to the driver side. propped her purse on the dash, and said cheese. Car is in park. I'll go as far as to say that the yellow/orange light on the far left of the panel is the "door ajar" light... she didn't even close the door all the way.

That is definitely a hat... You can even see the red stitching around the holes (those four holes in the top of ball caps).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't go through. I've had some question. I apologize if they have already been asked and answered.
1. Did she carry a purse?
2. Where is her purse?
3. Where are her drivers license?
4. Was she on any daily medication ( bc, vitamins, prescripton, etc)? If so...where is the meds at?
5. Was she prescribed any controlled meds for her fall? If so...where are they at?
6. Was her car lock manual or did it have a key clicker that could lock/unlock it from a distance? Did it have a panic button?

Please excuse any spelling/grammer, I am posting from my phone.

Side comparison picture...

Attachments

• HE-side-comparison.jpg
    HE-side-comparison.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors