SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't trying to be rude just making sure there wasn't something in the many links on that page that I was missing. The dogs they have seem to have an impressive pedigree.

No worries, jcall_us.. I didn't think you were rude at all, and even if you were, I honor and respect all opinions.. Thanx for the explanation..

Help please... This current police document states that Heather's birth date is 30th June. Earlier information had 29th June. Does anyone know which is correct please?

Her SM posts do show a very conflicted girl but I don't know that I would say depressed enough to hurt herself. I haven't seen anything in her SM that would indicate that.

(snipped)

It's always hard to judge somebody else's emotional and psychological state from the outside. I thought it was pretty clear that there was something going on in her life that she didn't want to talk about, but what? Seems like it could have been almost anything. Relationships, job, sexual issues, family, health...I dunno. It's rough being 20 in this day and age and she seemed to be handling it better than many do.

Heather, where are you, honey? Can you just let know if you're okay?

I hope LE has thought to process any suspects cars as well. I feel she willingly left her car, locked it, and got into his car.

they'd have to have probable cause, right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I just can't get passed Amber Berbiglia's last voice mail to her mother about her engagement to get married and her courageous fight of her attacker to insure eventual capture and future justice, and in an attempt of preventing other innocent victim's lives from being lost..

Here we are eight months later, without answers, identity or justice, and another innocent victim missing.. and another Myrtle Beach family crippled..
'Silence is the predators most lethal weapon, imo'...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Exclusive new details in Amber Berbiglia's murder case
Posted: Nov 11, 2013

She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson.

But Michelle says Amber didn't go down easy, something that was evident at Amber's wake. "The man made me have her wear a long sleeve dress to cover up the bruises and the cuts on her arms. There was a fight. She put up a good fight they said."

Now six months old, the case is still considered active; detectives are being very careful what they share for fear of compromising their case.

Unless whatever was said that last night caused an extreme depression on her part...some sort of unpleasant finality.

I really think if that were the case she would have been found by now. I don't think she would have walked for miles and miles to hurt herself. The waters and the areas around the landing have been thoroughly searched by boat, sonar, foot and dogs...they would have found her.

I am confused...not seeing a connection with Amber, unless she also dated this same person IMO.

Also,what FB page was altered? So confused...

I noticed the Horry County Police Crime Report is dated Dec. 19th, 2013 for Heather, and the print date on it, on all four pages is Printed December 30, 2013 at 5:14pm.
That's 2 weeks ago, but it was just released today in the media, so someone held onto it for two weeks before releasing it to the public??
IMOO.

I really do not think national media is going to be the answer here...or Nancy Grace. Sounds extremely local to me.

But she still could have been depressed and gone off to be alone, if there is no sign of "anyone" meeting up with her that night...sounds like she WAS depressed.
except for her car being parked there ,there are no witnesses who saw her drive her car anywhere that night (I know there is the videotape in the drive thru but maybe it's not her) and supposedly there was no scent leaving her car of her.

I just can't get passed Amber Berbiglia's last voice mail to her mother about her engagement to get married and her courageous fight of her attacker to insure eventual capture and future justice, and in an attempt of preventing other innocent victim's lives from being lost..

Here we are eight months later, without answers, identity or justice, and another innocent victim missing.. and another Myrtle Beach family crippled..
'Silence is the predators most lethal weapon, imo'...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Exclusive new details in Amber Berbiglia's murder case
Posted: Nov 11, 2013

She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson.

But Michelle says Amber didn't go down easy, something that was evident at Amber's wake. "The man made me have her wear a long sleeve dress to cover up the bruises and the cuts on her arms. There was a fight. She put up a good fight they said."

Now six months old, the case is still considered active; detectives are being very careful what they share for fear of compromising their case.

You would think if they had DNA and it was RSO you did this the guy would already be arrested.

Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

ETA: In order to avoid confusion, it would be best to refer to this link for viewing of the police report: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Thanks.

:bump:

Unfortunately some of us saw something earlier today,and as frustrating as it may seem not to be able to discuss it, not going into detail on a public forum is best since we don't know what really happened, and we might either be condemning an innocent person or persons, or be potentially interfering with an ongoing investigation.

This does not appear to be the entire police report from HE missing case. This appears to be the report from the initial call of service from the first responding officer.

I can't believe they released it with the contact information not removed

You would think if they had DNA and it was RSO you did this the guy would already be arrested.

Depending on when the initial arrest/conviction was made and many other factors, such as involuntary psychiatric commitment, resulting from a plea agreement, jkloc420.

http://www.smart.gov/caselaw/handbook_july2012.pdf
<sniped - read more>
When jurisdictions specifically outline the offenses that require registration, there is
little question as to who is required to register. Most jurisdictions, however, also include
“catch-all” provisions which, in varying forms, generally require any person convicted of
an offense which is by its nature a sex offense to register as well.

A more difficult situation arises when a convicted sex offender moves from one
jurisdiction to another, and the new jurisdiction has to make a determination as to
whether the person is required to register there. When a person has an out-of-state
conviction, most jurisdictions require registration for any offense which is ‘comparable,’
‘similar,’ or ‘substantially similar’ to a listed jurisdiction offense.22 However, when a
state’s registration system treats persons convicted of in-state offenses differently from
those convicted out-of-state, equal protection problems may exist.23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member