SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're all getting a little loopy again. Shall we revisit the topic of the Dick Ponds? :floorlaugh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh my stars... the ipad app for facebook automatically refreshes when a new post appears. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more scrolling and clicking through the mess that was on my laptop. THANK YOU ALL for the tip

I was not mocking you and am ver very sorry. I don't even know how to do "a floor laugh." I am rather new. I must have hit it by accident. My apologies. If I can figure out how to delete, I will.

No need to delete! Just thin skin/high emotions here added with that working night-shift sleepiness. 😊

Who is BB? I keep seeing those initials, but have no idea who this is referring to.

:floorlaugh:

There are many things being said that are appearing as facts with nothing to back them up. Do we believe them? If so, then why is there no POI, why no arrest if all of this evidence, I keep reading about over the last few days. I really have a hard time with people spewing things without backing it up. Things are only a fact if you can support it. People have been wrong before. I hope they aren't so they can move on. But, it's not about being right.

evidence? evidence is a body...you have to prove a crime took place first and foremost before you have a POI. LE is putting their ducks in order, interviewing people (statements that will either support or contradict a POI), physical evidence must be collected and analyzed....and having proof a crime took place.. witness to the crime either directly or indirectly and having a body helps.?

IMO the primary goal of LE in a case like this is recovery of the missing person. At this point, even though the outcome appears grim, they still want to bring HE home. All POI's have undoubtedly been carefully watched since day 1 and LE is hoping someone will slip up or crack under pressure and lead them to where HE can be found. That strategy appears to have failed up to this point, so they are regrouping. Perhaps there will be additional searches in very specific locations or, sad to say, this may be the time when vigilante justice takes over. I would not blame anyone for feeling those emotions, but it still won't result in finding HE.

Slow down with the facebook stuff, guys. Lots of discussion of the stuff we aren't supposed to know about. :eek:

I'm going to lock up in about 1/2 an hour so you all can get some sleep :)

Salem

evidence? evidence is a body...you have to prove a crime took place first and foremost before you have a POI. LE is putting their ducks in order, interviewing people (statements that will either support or contradict a POI), physical evidence must be collected and analyzed....and having proof a crime took place.. witness to the crime either directly or indirectly and having a body helps.?

If I understand correctly, I agree with you. What I am trying to say though I difficult, because so much can't be said. I can't say things because of the rules. But if what the "family" is stating are "facts" they most certainly could identify a POI. Second, if the said facts are all true they could make an arrest. There could be multiple reasons for a charge.

On a separate note, in the US, there are several individuals were convicted of murder where no body was ever found.

To your point, "you have to prove a crime took place first and foremost." I totally agree because I don't believe that all of these facts are true and that there is evidence a crime has taken place...yet. But, maybe we just don't have that information privy to us.

LOL.. finding posts here is like looking for Judge Crater...would have loved to responded Hockeymom4 but ya got the hook...and so would my response..LOL

I am only going to say one more thing before going to bed... We here at WS are all striving for the same goal. Let's bring Heather home. All the petty crap and SM conjecture needs to be left there or sleuthed independently. I am not trying to be a crap head, but I want this thread to continue.

LOL.. finding posts here is like looking for Judge Crater...would have loved to responded Hockeymom4 but ya got the hook...and so would my response..LOL

I posted it and then saw Salem's post. I then went and deleted it because I was afraid of getting put back I'm time out. I honestly don't understand some of the rules. I don't think anything I said was against them, but not worth the risk. So, I will just discuss it with people off this page. Sorry, I really was looking forward to yours and others input.

I am only going to say one more thing before going to bed... We here at WS are all striving for the same goal. Let's bring Heather home. All the petty crap and SM conjecture needs to be left there or sleuthed independently. I am not trying to be a crap head, but I want this thread to continue.

good night.....:tantrum:

I posted it and then saw Salem's post. I then went and deleted it because I was afraid of getting put back I'm time out. I honestly don't understand some of the rules. I don't think anything I said was against them, but not worth the risk. So, I will just discuss it with people off this page. Sorry, I really was looking forward to yours and others input.

it's a slippery slope we must navigate here...:banghead:

Your post was fine, hockeymom and I can restore it for you if you like.

We do have to be careful. Our rule about social media is that you can paraphrase what is said and provide the link. But you can't discuss it, because it is considered rumor and there is no way to verify either the information or the person putting the information out.

Your post had more to do with the generalities and not specific info and it was fine.

It is a slippery slope and in this case, that slippery slope is ice coated. :)

Salem

Slow down with the facebook stuff, guys. Lots of discussion of the stuff we aren't supposed to know about. :eek:

I'm going to lock up in about 1/2 an hour so you all can get some sleep :)

Salem

In an effort to try and understand what we can talk about on Facebook, can you clarify because I am still confused. I took this from the first pg of this thread

"Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)"

**so why are we not allowed to paraphrase from Facebook pages, as long as we post a link, if it says so above? I feel like its obvious and I have had a long day and am just not seeing it.

In the cases precious, I was told, on the find the person sites, you could discuss only want the creator of the site wrote. Can you help me out? Thx.

Your post was fine, hockeymom and I can restore it for you if you like.

We do have to be careful. Our rule about social media is that you can paraphrase what is said and provide the link. But you can't discuss it, because it is considered rumor and there is no way to verify either the information or the person putting the information out.

Your post had more to do with the generalities and not specific info and it was fine.

It is a slippery slope and in this case, that slippery slope is ice coated. :)

Salem

Thanks. You can pop my post back in. Thanks. I just asked below because I was confused. Thanks for clarifying. I was told differently before and we were allowed to discuss posts made by the author of the page, but only that author. Clearly that is very different than this because in that situation a lot of talking occurred where here it's not allowed. However; the cases were very different, but as a newer poster it's hard to know the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico