GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From http://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news/...nesday-morning
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) —

Around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, following authorities getting the hit on Mrs. T’s debit card in Georgia, Riverside, Alabama Police Chief Rick Oliver encountered Evans and HT in his city, after railroad workers reported a suspicious vehicle parked in the woods along the tracks.

Oliver says when he approached the car, a stolen blue Chevrolet Impala with Illinois plates, he observed Evans, wearing a blue shirt, asleep behind the wheel with a young child sitting awake on the front passenger seat beside him, wearing adult clothes. Evans matched the description of the man authorities say used B. T.'s debit card.

Those workers... wow... the foresight...

Not sure if this was already posted, it includes a statement from the family.

https://www.google.com/amp/counton2...-releases-statement-following-her-return/amp/

Thank you to everyone for their support through this difficult time. Words cannot express the range of emotions and suffering that my family has endured these past few days. I cannot thank enough all the first responders, and especially the individual in Alabama who personally rescued H and helped bring her back to us. In the coming days, we will be counting on your continued prayers and support and ask that you give us the privacy and room to reunite and heal as a family.
http://counton2.com/2018/02/15/heidi-todds-family-releases-statement-following-her-return/

My prayers are with them.

he doesn't have any sex crime related charges that we have seen YET so I am going to keep thinking that just did not happen. Sometimes, it's not about that and I'd hate for us to get too far into something that never really comes into play here. They'll have enough to recover from without that too so I will just keep hoping we don't hear anything about a sex assault too.

he doesn't have any sex crime related charges that we have seen YET so I am going to keep thinking that just did not happen. Sometimes, it's not about that and I'd hate for us to get too far into something that never really comes into play here. They'll have enough to recover from without that too so I will just keep hoping we don't hear anything about a sex assault too.

I hope you are right.

[bbm]

that's an insult to peaceful, gentle, sentient pigs

This image below IS NOT related to the case. I repeat, this is NOT related to the case- but, if you want to see an absolute horror show running loose that they are searching for, take a look at this man. Please know, his face WILL shock you, and he needs to be found ASAP, as he's another pig that was set free to live amongst our children:

https://www.facebook.com/newschannel5/photos/a.420785307547.197230.91345192547/10154286824482548/?type=3&theater

Gaps again....wrong neighborhood for cash. Didn't steal anything other than a 4 year old. Beats up the mom......

Something else going on.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Could he have gone to the wrong address? No money = mad as hell, take the precious little girl in anger. (Ya got me, on this one.)

Agreed.

If not, then he’s really out of touch with kidnappings these days. While incarcerated, he must have missed the nightly seminars we see on the news about the ease of abductions.

This dude’s plan plays out more like a movie plot; possible B&E, assault that could have been deadly, alleged kidnapping across state lines, and CAR CHASES. Directly after getting out of prison early.

That’s a lot of effort to get one kid, no cash, yet all the drama.

I don’t get it.

Ransom??

Could he have gone to the wrong address? No money = mad as hell, take the precious little girl in anger. (Ya got me, on this one.)
I have been wondering about that. H's family hadn't been in SC all that long. Perhaps this guy was looking for someone that used to live near or at the address. Maybe going after someone on behalf of an inmate he knew in prison and he got the wrong person.

Kidnapper Attacked Mom of SC Girl with Knife, Caused Brain Injury, FBI Says

http://www.thv11.com/news/crime/kid...-knife-caused-brain-injury-fbi-says/519356712
"Later that day, when the mother didn't pick the other children up at school, administrators called Charleston police. A neighbor then reportedly found the woman inside the house."

I'm confused. If the police were called by the school, what made the neighbor come over?

"The compliant says he noticed an 'odor of intoxicants about [Evans'] person" and there was then a heated exchange he and the suspect. At that point, the suspect gave the little girl to the police chief, telling them he had to get his ID from the car.*"

I thought I read that the police saw the child and she told him she wanted to get out. So how did the suspect give her to police?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

it's not odd to have some of the details jumbled this early in the reporting, IMO... getting more of the fuller story now, more details... they're doing the best they can. We all are, right? ;)

If this was an episode of Criminal Minds....Evans would have been about 3 to 5 years old when he and his similar-aged sister witnessed their mother being brutally attacked. As an adult he's fallen into crime, and one day he is burgling a house when a woman and her three young children walk in the door as they return from the school run. A ton of adrenalin is released into his body, he's been rifling through draws looking for money, he demands money from the woman...she screams, he hits her and keeps on hitting her--she reminds him of his evil adoptive mother who adopted him after his mother died, so he's particularly violent with head and facial injuries. As the attack tapers down and his adrenalin levels fall off he can hear a small child whimpering, just like him and his sister after their mother was attacked. For reasons he doesn't even understand himself he scoops up the child and takes her with him. Starts driving, partly to escape police and partly to get away from what he's just done. Every now and then he looks over at the small crying child in the passenger seat crying for her mother and that she's cold and hungry, he takes off his grey hoody and puts it on her to keep warm, he doesn't know why he took her nor what he's going to do with her now...he can't take care of a child when he's on the run from the cops, and he doesn't even know anything about caring for a child his age, but for some reason he doesn't feel any desire to hurt her, so he keeps going. Then he stops for a sleep and a cop comes up to the car, he's actually relieved that he can now hand off the child to a responsible adult who's going to care for her...and the cop was kind enough to leave the car keys in the car so he'll make up an excuse to go back into the car (to get his documents) and drive off, finally alone.

I always wonder about those back stories in that show, they always seem too neat and tidy?

Yep -- they're tidy because they have only about 42 minutes to come to a reasonable/contrived (you pick!) conclusion. They are good stories, however, for the most part, and sometimes they are taken, with much liberty, from real life.

But in our situation here (and wonderfully, it has a good ending as long as mom gets back to 100% in mind and body) the 42 minutes can become 42 hours, days, months or years.

Yours is a thought-provoking post!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NewMama

There are a great many things I’d rather do than take a road trip with a 4 yr old.

snipped by me for emphasis

:laughing:LMAO. Thank you for this gem, ‘New Mama’.

‘’Although the situation isn’t funny, that comment caught me off guard and I roared. Laughed so loud and suddenly that the dog jumped.

I needed this tiny tiny bit of levity. Everything is so tense in the world. It’s good that we can come together and brainstorm and share thoughts. My eyes get opened daily.

Side Note: No matter what the scenario, I’m EXCITED for the inmates to hear SP took a little girl. Hopefully many of them might assume the worst. Our judicial decision will no longer matter — since the inmates will take it from there. Not to be callous or cruel about SP’s fate, but if you take/touch children, it’s the least we can do to help karma...do its thing. *ahem*

I must say, I needed that LOL, too, New Mama and CrysBella!!

And

[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]Welcome to Websleuths, [/FONT][FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]CrysBella[/FONT][FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]!![/FONT]

I can't really tell if those are tattoos or bruises or shadows or just dirt... One strange thing is that his neck tattoo which is clearer in the older mugshots is barely visible here. Maybe this is just a bad quality picture but I'm reminded of the murderer in a NC case* last year that had make-up covering his neck tattoos when picked up. I wonder if TE employed the same tactic to try to cover his tattoos? I'm still on the fence on if I think he was the same guy seen by the neighbors in the woods or not. Although LE previously said the guy with tats was only a POI and may not be the same person as the suspect, I haven't seen a clear statement since H was found on whether they are still looking for the POI with the face tats. It would not surprise me if TE acted alone, nor would it surprise me if he had an accomplice. :dunno:

*ETA: Here is the case I was talking about: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-68-Mills-River-26-July-2017-*Arrests*/page11
Haven't read ahead yet so apologies if this is irrelevant, but I agree that what is seen in that picture could easily be due to poor picture quality. Those multi-colored artifacts are in many places in the image.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

it's not odd to have some of the details jumbled this early in the reporting, IMO... getting more of the fuller story now, more details... they're doing the best they can. We all are, right? ;)
This is so true. I work for a weekly in a small town. It's amazing what my FIL brings home from the coffee shop & tells me about, even though I was at the scene & know exactly what happened.

One time we had a car chase involving a felon, known to likely be armed. The sirens hadn't even faded from the air before it was going around town that the guy was firing at officers (he didn't - never even brandished, gave up peacefully).

It's just the nature of instant news/information. The *telephone game* of our youth times a thousand.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back