GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well this is just odd. This article makes it seem like she’s shown back up and disappeared again.
““They were looking for her, she all the sudden showed up again. It was Friday or Saturday night 8:30 to 9 o’clock and she just showed up in a car that wasn’t hers went to try to get into the apartment and couldn’t get in and left,” a neighbor said.”
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/susp...-case-has-ties-to-the-spartanburg-county-area
—
I am quite confused.

Well this is just odd. This article makes it seem like she’s shown back up and disappeared again.
““They were looking for her, she all the sudden showed up again. It was Friday or Saturday night 8:30 to 9 o’clock and she just showed up in a car that wasn’t hers went to try to get into the apartment and couldn’t get in and left,” a neighbor said.”
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/susp...-case-has-ties-to-the-spartanburg-county-area
—
I am quite confused.

It also says he claimed they were married:
Neighbors say they both had run-ins with Evans when he asked to use their phones.

We spoke to one of Sharon Hayden’s neighbors who asked not to be identified. She says during the first week of February, Thomas Evans came over asking to use her husband’s phone.

This encounter would have been just a few days after Evans was released from prison.
According to the neighbor, “He came over and wanted to use our cell phone and stated that he was her husband and had just gotten out of jail and looking to contact his sister in Charleston that maybe he was going to go stay with her because they were arguing.”

Another neighbor Terry Hall said Evans had also made a disparaging comment about Hayden when he asked to use his phone also to call down to Charleston a week later.
BBM.

Was she an accomplice? Why would she not be able to get into her own apartment? I wonder if it was someone else that neighbors thought looked like her?
If Evans really went to Charleston to stay with his sister that could have put him closer to HT's house. Maybe he took his "wife's" car when he left?

BBM.

Was she an accomplice? Why would she not be able to get into her own apartment? I wonder if it was someone else that neighbors thought looked like her?
If Evans really went to Charleston to stay with his sister that could have put him closer to HT's house. Maybe he took his "wife's" car when he left?

I wondered the same.

“Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, was apprehended on Wednesday, Feb. 14, the same day Morgan County authorities worked a burglary and theft case at a Davis Academy Road residence that led Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I) agents in both Georgia and Alabama to the vehicle stolen in Morgan County and driven by Evans.

According to an F.B.I. criminal complaint, Evans allegedly held a knife to the child’s mother early in the morning of Feb. 13 at the woman’s Johns Island, S.C. home before tying the woman up and beating her to the point that she suffered facial fractures and brain bleeding. Evans then allegedly fled the St. Johns area in a black Honda Civic registered to Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, a South Carolina woman who allegedly picked Evans up from prison but has been missing for more than 10 days. He also, reports state, left the woman’s residence with her 4-year-old daughter”

http://www.morgancountycitizen.com/2018/02/22/authorities-aid-abduction-arrest/

Morgan county is in Georgia, near where he took the car he was driving when HT was found. According to several people who grew up with TLE, he is an only child whose mother committed suicide when he was a teenager and he found her. It was posted in one of the ‘Missing’ groups. I have not found an obituary to confirm yet.

—
I am quite confused.

You're right ; it all sounds very confusing. I hope that she's just made herself scarce because she's a drug user. Like maybe she's afraid to talk to the cops about her relationship with this guy because she's scared she'll get charged with aiding or abetting or something because he took off with her car, so she's been crashing at a friend's house. Habitual drug users often believe the cops are "out to get them". I'm not trying to label her a drug user (and under other circumstances, I would hope and pray that she's not), but it's not hard to imagine if she willingly hung out with the likes of this creep. I would think the "drug user hiding out" scenario is a best case scenario for her right now, based on the little info known about her whereabouts right now. Gosh, I hope they find her unharmed and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharon-jowers.jpg

http://counton2.com/2018/02/22/police-searching-for-woman-linked-to-heidi-todds-disappearance/

I'm confused- did she go missing before HT was kidnapped?

—
I am quite confused.

Are they positive that it was her? At that time of night, it is dark. Maybe a similar looking woman?

Or is she running from the law, and was involved in all of this?

BBM.

One possibility is that her house key was with her car keys on a keychain, and since he took the car, she doesn't have a house key now.

There seems to be an eviction case filed against Sharon in Spartanburg County. The last update date was on February 22nd but I am not sure if that is the date it was filed. Quite a number of former addresses put her in the Dorchester/Berkeley/Charleston county area where they all meet. And there is a short duration address for her on Johns Island (about 6 miles from the T home).

The deputies encountered Evans on Mendel Rivers Road and that road runs along a few swamps so if something happened to Sharon that would be where to look.

Does anyone know how mom is doing? I heard she was in ICU, and I can't find any updates on her.

—
I am quite confused.

Dean Stephens, a journalist with ABC4 posted “LET ME BE CLEAR Not one police agency has said Sharon Hayden is missing.” He then goes on to say that she isn’t missing, she may not want to be found. The family hasn’t had contact with a Sharon in years and they haven’t spoken to police at all.” I become more confused by the minute.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1649387795144561&id=115970261819663

I noticed that she has prostitution arrests in 2 states (2010 and 2016) and both list the charge as prostitution within 1.5 miles (or similar) to a school. I haven’t found others but it makes me wonder if she is linked to trafficking.

Yes that was my thought last night but I didn't feel like typing it out. TLE may have used Sharon to get connected with a trafficker he could sell HT to. I have had doubts that this was a planned out abduction before and hoped he was just a junkie who panicked while robbing a house. But now I think without a shadow of doubt it was premeditated. I'm on the fence about if Sharon is hiding out or deceased. He very well might have killed her after getting the contacts he needed so that she couldn't tell anyone his plan or link him back to HT's abduction. :scared:

Yes that was my thought last night but I didn't feel like typing it out. TLE may have used Sharon to get connected with a trafficker he could sell HT to. I have had doubts that this was a planned out abduction before and hoped he was just a junkie who panicked while robbing a house. But now I think without a shadow of doubt it was premeditated. I'm on the fence about if Sharon is hiding out or deceased. He very well might have killed her after getting the contacts he needed so that she couldn't tell anyone his plan or link him back to HT's abduction. :scared:
But how does that happen practically? He quite literally was just out of jail and had been in 6 years.

The question is, what is Evans' connection to her and where and when did they cross paths in the past so that she would have him staying with her. We know from what authorities said that prior to his release they checked out where he said he would be staying. If it were Sharon's place then LE would have known to look there anyway without having to connect the dots with Evans and her car two days prior to the crime at the T house. So, to me there has to be a connection of some sort that goes back many years.

I have been troubled about this case because what he did to the mother - the really damaging part of the attack almost certainly happened after B. was unable to defend herself - and taking the one child leads me to think this was not just random. Honestly, what this looks like to me is something on the order of someone ordering an attack/hit on someone and Evans got the wrong person. I postulated previously that perhaps it was meant to target a witness or a prior relationship connected to Evans or someone he served time with. But the more I think about this, especially taking the child, it leads me to think that someone owed another person money or had robbed a dealer of drugs - large dollars - and Evans was given the task of sending the message (beating mom) and taking the child in order to get the person who owed money or robbed a dealer to pay up or just show up.

I can't shake the idea that this wasn't random and that truly stupid people took on a task and targeted the wrong person/house. The elements of this crime scream that there is more there.

But how does that happen practically? He quite literally was just out of jail and had been in 6 years.

The question is, what is Evans' connection to her and where and when did they cross paths in the past so that she would have him staying with her. We know from what authorities said that prior to his release they checked out where he said he would be staying. If it were Sharon's place then LE would have known to look there anyway without having to connect the dots with Evans and her car two days prior to the crime at the T house. So, to me there has to be a connection of some sort that goes back many years.

I have been troubled about this case because what he did to the mother - the really damaging part of the attack almost certainly happened after B. was unable to defend herself - and taking the one child leads me to think this was not just random. Honestly, what this looks like to me is something on the order of someone ordering an attack/hit on someone and Evans got the wrong person. I postulated previously that perhaps it was meant to target a witness or a prior relationship connected to Evans or someone he served time with. But the more I think about this, especially taking the child, it leads me to think that someone owed another person money or had robbed a dealer of drugs - large dollars - and Evans was given the task of sending the message (beating mom) and taking the child in order to get the person who owed money or robbed a dealer to pay up or just show up.

I can't shake the idea that this wasn't random and that truly stupid people took on a task and targeted the wrong person/house. The elements of this crime scream that there is more there.
Agree 100%. Well said.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Another thing I have been thinking about. According to the reports Evans was encountered by deputies while walking with a gas can. It doesn't say whether the gas can was empty or he had already had gas in it. It also doesn't say if he was walking in the direction of the car or away from it. Theoretically, if there was gas in the can he should have been walking toward the car and the opposite if the gas can was empty. If he had been walking away from the car with a gas can that had gas in it, for example, I think LE should be interested in knowing why that would be.

If it had gas he would have had to get it from somewhere. If he bought it they should have surveillance and know how he paid, especially if it was a debit card/credit card that wasn't his which would allow LE to get more insight to his activities and if he had been to other places with surveillance footage and whether he is seen with others.

He was out there off the beaten trail on Mendel Rivers Road for some reason other than to run out of gas - if the was actually out of gas, that is. Did the deputies check on that? Doubt it. Did they check if the gas can was empty? Doubt it.

So, now I wonder if there is some other victim somewhere in that swamp area. Considering low people and low places usually don't have people looking out for them nor care or notice if they are missing there could be someone missing right now that hasn't come to the attention of authorities that is connected to Evans.

Here is the story from Berkeley County....confirmed the story of cash and gas given to him by the church.
------------------------------------

Berkeley County deputies encountered Thomas Lawton Evans under suspicious circumstances two days before investigators said he abducted 4-year-old HT from Charleston and brutally beat her mother, a report released Wednesday showed.

The authorities had no reason to arrest him at the time, they said.

Before 8 a.m. Feb. 11, residents on Mendel Rivers Road, south of St. Stephen, reported a black Honda Civic parked on the rural roadside. Some neighbors told investigators a man had been walking through yards and asking for gas.

Deputies from the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office came across Evans along Harristown Road with a gas can in his hand. He said a church had given him the gas and some cash —*a story that the deputy later confirmed, the incident report stated.

The car wasn't his, the document added. It was registered to a woman from Boiling Springs, an area of Spartanburg County in Upstate South Carolina. Evans had been living nearby after his prison release less than two weeks earlier.

The deputy asked local dispatchers to relay a request for Upstate authorities to check on the woman "to see if she knew where her vehicle was located," the report stated. Lt. Kevin Bobo of the Spartanbug County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that a deputy went to the woman's address at 8:45 a.m. that day "but we didn't locate anyone."

Though his driver's license was suspended, Evans had not been seen driving the car and was permitted to leave.

"He stated that he would have his brother come and pick up the car," the local deputy wrote in the report. "Upon confirming he was clear (of arrest warrants) and that no items were stolen, he was allowed to go."

Sheriff's Chief Deputy Mike Cochran said deputies wouldn't normally have an obligation to wait for a licensed driver to show up and drive off with a vehicle like the one Evans had. With a large county to patrol, the deputies typically move on, which also spares the driver a large towing bill.

"As a general rule, you have to see him doing the driving to make an arrest," Cochran said. "This wouldn't necessarily warrant an arrest."

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_d1991480-1713-11e8-b80e-3fe20fd8edab.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

A previous article stated that Hayden was the one who picked Evans up from jail the day he was released. Hayden has been arrested in the Charleston area in the past (according to the Post and Courier). Her brother claimed, on the mom’s FB post about her being missing, that he went to school with Evans. I have reached my ‘limit’ to reading free articles so I can’t get back to it to link the article. I believe it was post up thread.

Dean Stephens, a journalist with ABC4 posted “LET ME BE CLEAR Not one police agency has said Sharon Hayden is missing.” He then goes on to say that she isn’t missing, she may not want to be found. The family hasn’t had contact with a Sharon in years and they haven’t spoken to police at all.” I become more confused by the minute.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1649387795144561&id=115970261819663

Cripes, is this a joke? So how did her mother know that her car was missing if she hasn't been in contact for years?

Cripes, is this a joke? So how did her mother know that her car was missing if she hasn't been in contact for years?

From what I gathered, the police were at her home investigating TLE. A neighbor saw them and posted on FB she was missing, listing her name. I assume that once her name was posted, her other family found out. The mom removed her original post but then reposted it under another FB account.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back