GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it almost happened to us. I was able to bang the door against his leg repeatedly until he stumbled back. It made him unsteady enough that I could close/lock the door, and activate my security system. The police found him not far from our house. His motive was not burglary and he had just been released from prison that day. I don’t think it is the norm, but it could happen.
It also happened to my stepsister.A man broke into her home during the day.Luckily a neighbor heard her scream and chased the man off.

Speculating that possibly she was ambushed upon returning home from somewhere.... For those of you with small children, how do you get them all out of the car? All would be in car seats. The 4 year old could probably unlock her let herself out. The 2 year old would be in a 5 point harness, probably forward facing, and the 6 month old in a rear facing carrier. That's a lot of work to get them all in house. How would you go about that? Do you take all kids with you to unlock the house? What if you also had groceries? Take in the kids, go back for groceries? Thoughts?

Good point. Perhaps that’s why they took the SUV for processing. How did the other children usually get to school? Maybe she dropped the kids off at school and was running errands. Maybe the suspect saw her out and forced his way into the vehicle and demanded she drive home. If so, his fingerprints and DNA might be in the vehicle. Does the house have a garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found mom's fb page. She seems like a sweet, loving and devoted mother. No red flags to me at all. My heart breaks for her and her husband :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, it almost happened to us. I was able to bang the door against his leg repeatedly until he stumbled back. It made him unsteady enough that I could close/lock the door, and activate my security system. The police found him not far from our house. His motive was not burglary and he had just been released from prison that day. I don’t think it is the norm, but it could happen.

A quick google search indicates that there are many home invasions during the day. Nearly as much as at night or even more. And that men 25 and under were more common during the day. At least on one of the sites I was looking at. lt's hard to verify a lot of the stats. But day time invasion by younger men definitely wasn't unusual. I couldn't find anything about one person vs two or more though.

BTK, a serial killer, operated during the day. So yes, crimes do happen in daylight, including home invasions.

Speculating that possibly she was ambushed upon returning home from somewhere.... For those of you with small children, how do you get them all out of the car? All would be in car seats. The 4 year old could probably unlock her let herself out. The 2 year old would be in a 5 point harness, probably forward facing, and the 6 month old in a rear facing carrier. That's a lot of work to get them all in house. How would you go about that? Do you take all kids with you to unlock the house? What if you also had groceries? Take in the kids, go back for groceries? Thoughts?

I haven't looked at Google Maps or anything so I do not have a visual in my head of this property, but when my kids were young, I would have deposited them in the house first. I always had garages attached to the house that I could pull in to though. In a city, I would have gotten the 4 year old out first, made her stand there, then got the two year old, made them hold hands, then got the baby and carried the baby inside and had the other two walk.

I can understand them not wanting to admit it was a home invasion if it was. That'll send a shock through the community and put people on edge. Combine that with this apparent trailer park that is full of Hispanic migrant workers and that suspect being described as Hispanic and...well...bad stuff will happen.

Truthfully, I don't think this was a home invasion. I can't recall ever hearing about a home invasion where there was only one invader, they tend to travel in packs and invade at night; not single actors in the day time. Has anyone here ever heard of a verified case of a home invasion being done by one person in the day time?

In the Greone kidnapping murder case that resulted in three murders inside their home and the kidnapping of 8 year old Shasta and 11 year old Dylan, Duncan was the sole home invader and the sole perpetrator. His motive of course for invading their home was to kidnap the two small children for sadistic sexual intentions. He had watched, and cased their home before he came in through the sliding glass door at the back of the house that was unlocked.

I have also read local articles where only one invaded the home of the victims, but you are right, typically it involves more than one, and maybe there are more involved, and LE doesn't know that yet.

Her mother doesn't seem to know the suspect so I do feel it is was a home invasion by a stranger, and this creep may have been watching them (especially H) all along without them noticing it.

Its terrifying because the majority of the time when young children are taken from their home it is to be sexually abused or even with the problems we are having she could have been kidnapped for sex trafficking.

I don't think this is going to end well. It takes a very bold person to come in to a home and kidnap a child. H could be anywhere by now but I pray wherever she is they find her alive.

IMO

What if he was in the home when she returned with the kids, a robbery gone bad? I think LE hesitated when asked if it was a break in and they didn't appear to have been in the house yet, or at least the two that spoke hadn't.

It also happened to my stepsister.A man broke into her home during the day.Luckily a neighbor heard her scream and chased the man off.

It almost happened to my Mom while I was at work. Thankfully, they were scared off by our neighbors who saw them and said the cops were on their way. Come to find out, these idiots had been seen walking through other neighborhoods with TV's and other items but always managed to disappear in the woods and get away. They were eventually caught, and no, they did not live in our area.

It also happened to a dear and loving elderly couple who my family was close with, during breakfast time! This was a newly built place for seniors who were independent but wanted a smaller place with great amenities such as an indoor pool, workout area, etc. This was supposed to be a safe place for seniors, yet this young man picked their lock and walked into their kitchen, stunning them both. They were lucky that their neighbors saw him picking their lock and called the cops right away, as they showed up just as the man was coming towards them to harm them. The neighbor didn't know that they were home, because their car was in the shop for a couple of days getting work done, or they would have called them to try and warn them after they called the cops.

So yes, home invasions do happen. Especially to widows and widowers that live alone. Not too long ago, there was a family that lost a child to an illness near my old hometown. Some sick jerks found out when the service was and stole numerous expensive items and other things from their home while the neighborhood was all at the service.

Thank God you are safe, and so sorry this happened to you. How scary!

JMO, but I think many of us are still jaded by Sherin Mathews’ case. I know my first thought always goes to the parents when a child is reported missing, but I don’t think that’s the case this time.

The police already said B. received a “severe beating.” If it was a sudden attack she may not have had time to get a more detailed description, or she was too disoriented or traumatized to remember much...or a combination of these factors.

There is a lot of new construction in the area. The police have stressed “wearing all grey.” To me, that sounds like a uniform. Plumber, landscaper or someone working on a construction crew.

Perhaps I’m naive, or simply don’t want to believe the alternative, but nothing leads me to think the mother is involved.

I was also up much of the night talking with others and researching the disappearance, so I’m tired and overly emotional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm Or he hit her over the head from behind and she only got a quick sideways glance at him before she passed out.

I think poor Hwas targeted, and this likely won't end well. I pray for this family, how terrified they all must be.

It almost happened to my Mom while I was at work. Thankfully, they were scared off by our neighbors who saw them and said the cops were on their way. Come to find out, these idiots had been seen walking through other neighborhoods with TV's and other items but always managed to disappear in the woods and get away. They were eventually caught, and no, they did not live in our area.

It also happened to a dear and loving elderly couple who my family was close with, during breakfast time! This was a newly built place for seniors who were independent but wanted a smaller place with great amenities such as an indoor pool, workout area, etc. This was supposed to be a safe place for seniors, yet this young man picked their lock and walked into their kitchen, stunning them both. They were lucky that their neighbors saw him picking their lock and called the cops right away, as they showed up just as the man was coming towards them to harm them. The neighbor didn't know that they were home, because their car was in the shop for a couple of days getting work done, or they would have called them to try and warn them after they called the cops.

So yes, home invasions do happen. Especially to widows and widowers that live alone. Not too long ago, there was a family that lost a child to an illness near my old hometown. Some sick jerks found out when the service was and stole numerous expensive items and other things from their home while the neighborhood was all at the service.

You are right they do happen, and I read several articles last year that home invasions by strangers are on the rise all over our nation.

We have seen several home invasions discussed here on WS where victims were brutally beaten and/ or raped and murdered. Most of them had multiple victims in one household.

I remember another case where a guy came into a house to kidnap a young girl. He had never been inside of the home before, but in complete total darkness it took him less than 8 minutes to go in and come out with the child in his arms. IIRC, he kidnapped, raped, and then murdered her.

Home invaders have become viscous even doing gruesome over-kills.

Joe Duncan was willing to murder two adults and a large 12 year old boy in order to kidnap Shasta and Dylan. :( Some of these brutes will stop at nothing and let nothing get in their way of taking the child they came for.....

IMO

I, myself, have 4 quite young children. 2 can unbuckle themselves, 2 can not. I unbuckle 3rd child, then get 4th child out of car seat, while 1st and 2nd child unbuckle themselves. Then we all go in together. If there are groceries or other belongings I go out after everyone is inside. I imagine this to be the method of most mothers with multiple young children. It seems to be the simplest and safest way.

There was that lady killed in her home while baby was in it's crib. Home invasion during day, one culprit though I think he had others outside, no?
edit ti add....Amanda Blackburn

This is an awful situation. Praying for sweet baby girl.

<modsnip>

Oh, I hope it is great news and they have found her alive and she is safe.

I am hoping its good news since they are holding another one so soon. They would want to calm the community's concern as quickly as possible.

You are right they do happen, and I read several articles last year that home invasions by strangers are on the rise all over our nation.

We have seen several home invasions discussed here on WS where victims were brutally beaten and/ or raped and murdered. Most of them had multiple victims in one household.

I remember another case where a guy came into a house to kidnap a young girl. He had never been inside of the home before, but in complete total darkness it took him less than 8 minutes to go in and come out with the child in his arms. IIRC, he kidnapped, raped, and then murdered her.

Home invaders have become viscous even doing gruesome over-kills.

Joe Duncan was willing to murder two adults and a large 12 year old boy in order to kidnap Shasta and Dylan. :( Some of these brutes will stop at nothing and let nothing get in their way of taking the child they came for.....

IMO

I pray that I don't curse myself or my family, but where I live, there are lots of seasonal folks that own homes. During the winter months, there have been many home invasions by a few druggies around here- some were home but they didn't know that, as the spouse had the car running an errand. One guy had his shot gun pointed at the kid who broke in, and he ran like hell and never tried to do another invasion around here again.

If you can believe this- the second kid that we know who was doing this- people were sympathizing with him, saying not to be mean, that it wasn't his fault he was a drug addict and to just let it go. I kid you not- big fight occurred on our community FB about a year ago. They didn't care about the couple he scared to pieces when they got home and saw their door wide open, a door that they never used, and the jerk had the nerve to help himself to their food and ate quite heartily! I don't know if they pressed charges or not, but he was arrested. Sometimes, after reading the comments of people defending this kid, I feel like I am living in Bizarro world.

Praying for the family and sweet child to be found safe!
I'm local and following, no local rumors circulating- you all are on top of the info, thank you

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky