GUILTY SC - Iyana Lowery, 8, found deceased, Marlboro County, 5 May 2017 *mother also found deceased* *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, how sad. Where are you, Iyana?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I wish there was more coverage for Iyana. I can't find any updates. I'm so worried for this beautiful little girl.

Just read this thread, when I first started reading I hoped she was just so scared and was hiding, but I realised this was on friday and now the outcome doesn't seem good in my eyes :'(

If indeed they have the right man then she has to be close by if he does not own a vehicle. Of course there is the possiblity that he borrowed a car.

There is just nothing. This is not right.
Why cant media or LE release something?
I'm sure, I answered my own frustrated questions.

jmo

I am from Marlboro county and she has not as of yet been found. I don't live there any more but we are a small community and when something like this occurs it affects people far and near.

Was this post on his FB page? A lot of people around do not think he did it or that he did not act alone or in conjunction with someone else. It is all so strange. He is challenged so I think that smirk on his face is just an inappropriate facial expression in that mug shot.

Oh this makes me soooo sad I want to cry.

She's so pretty like her mama.

I can't help but think maybe one of the mom's clients trafficked Iyanna?

Do they have a time of death? This could be when Iyanna went missing??

I know the aunt suggests he is challenged but has that been substantiated by anyone else? Trying to catch up on any new developments. TIA

I hate when trafficking of young girls is mentioned. It makes me think of Relisha Rudd
I'm still not over that.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

An article from today about LE, searches and community efforts. All it says about DB is that he is still in jail.

http://wpde.com/news/local/florence...o-help-search-for-missing-bennettsville-child

Some snips:

The Florence County Sheriff's Office has been called in to help search for 8-year-old Iyana Lowery, according to Marlboro County Sheriff Charles Lemon.

Lowery's relatives said they're glad Sheriff Lemon saw fit to bring in additional officers.

Marlboro County deputies went back to the home on Craig Circle in Bennettsville, but didn't say why they were back at the house on Wednesday.

Faculty and staff at Benjamin Primary School where Lowery attends school and the entire faculty of Marlboro County School District are wearing rainbow ribbons made by one of the faculty members in honor of Iyana Lowery, according to the district's public information officer, Dr. Henry Cobb.

A video interview with Iyana's father, Tyrone Thomas here:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/35397...-old-bennettsville-girl-pleads-for-her-return

"I was home laying in bed Friday morning and my niece she called me and gave me the bad news and she called me and I went dead out. I didn't waste no time,” Thomas said. “I've been searching and looking for her myself."

Another interesting detail from the article above with Tyrone Thomas:

Thomas added he personally knows Bright, the man charged with murdering his daughter’s mother.
"Me and him talk,” he said. “He's not violent that I know of, but I know they had dated one time.”

Here are a few tidbits, there really isn't a lot of info available.

"I walked in and found my daughter dead and my grandbaby is missing. Please if anyone knows anything at all please don't hesitate," Delores Lowery said. (grandmother)

Police found woman's young son, who was with a relative, but can't find the little girl.

Iyana Lowery was discovered missing Friday and her grandmother last saw her Thursday.

http://wpde.com/news/local/shes-a-v...-family-member-says-of-missing-eight-year-old

Lemon believes the little girl was with her mother when her mother was killed. (statement by county sheriff)

http://wach.com/news/local/man-arre...-still-searching-for-missing-child-05-07-2017

BBM. When I first read the latter yesterday, my mind jumped to the conclusion that she had witnessed her mom's death, probably because we're all fearing that. I think what he actually meant is that they believe Iyana was in her mom's home at the time, unlike her brother who was with a relative. I'm sure they know a lot more than they're saying because they're saying so little. MOO

I'm also not 100% convinced that Dwayne Bright is her bio-dad, going by Facebook. I haven't found that reported from a reliable source yet.

thank you this means a lot and helped me catch up a little more i appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back