SC SC - Jack Littleton Robinson, 65, Rosewood Boat Landing, Columbia, 17 August 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
upload_2020-7-4_2-14-57.png

‘Until the day I die’: Daughter vows justice in father’s unsolved 1996 Columbia killing

Three young people were hanging out at the boat ramp around 6 p.m. that evening, Smith said. They saw Robinson and a man walk toward them before turning and walking into a wooded area near the river. A short time later, the two men sounded like they were fighting.

Daughter seeks justice after her father was murdered 22 years ago
(article dated August 2017)

At the time of the murder the suspect was only described as a Hispanic male with olive complexion.

Investigators believe he could have been between 25-35 years old.

ADMIN NOTE:

Hopefully WS member aug1796unsolvedhomicide will join this discussion as a family member. We have requested that they become a Verified Insider in order to provide inside information on this case.

Until aug1796unsolvedhomicide becomes verified, please note they will be a regular member and can only post information that is supported by MSM or LE. As soon as they become verified, they will be able to share details with members without having to provide links to what they state as fact.

Almost 25 years have passed, so hopefully members will be able to help bring resolution in this case. It's been too long.

Marc Hoover
April 10 ·

This week's podcast:

On August 17, 1996, Jack L. Robinson was stabbed to death during an altercation at the Rosewood Boat Landing in Columbia, South Carolina. Witnesses reported seeing Jack and an unknown Hispanic male engaged in a heated disagreement. The unknown Hispanic male stabbed Jack to death.

Rescue personnel rushed Jack L. Robinson to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. According to eyewitnesses, the killer was a Hispanic male with an olive complexion, between twenty five to thirty five years old at the time of the murder. He was approximately 5’5″, between 150-180 pounds with black hair and a mustache.

Tammy Robinson has searched for this elusive killer for over two decades. Do you know who killed her beloved father? she is pleading for anyone who knows anything about this case to please come forward. She needs the public's help. Please listen to episode 27 of Catch my Killer this Sunday evening wherever you listen to podcasts. You can also visit www.catchmykiller.com for additional details. Perhaps you can help catch a killer.

www.catchmykiller.com

Please explain what I need to do to Prove I am Tammy Robinson Downs Jack L Robinson Daughter. I do not understand what I need to do. These are pictures of my father and I an the Man that killed my father an we need a name. need to know who he is. Thank you

Attachments

• cold case unit by thomas smith on daddy.jpg
    cold case unit by thomas smith on daddy.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 8
  • dads flags and flowers.jpg
    dads flags and flowers.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6
More than 20 years ago, Tammy R. Scott lost her dad to murder.

Jack L. Robinson was a retired Air Force veteran, who had spent over 45 years as a civil servant. Having grown up in Columbia, South Carolina, he had gone on to spend over 25 years in the military - including a stint in Vietnam. After retiring from the Air Force, he went on to work as a laboratory employee for the Moncrief Army Health Clinic at his hometown's Fort Jackson for another 20+ years. Tammy will talk to us about the murder of her father Jack Robinson and in hopes we at intercomm radio network can find her some type of resoution to this unresolved murder case.

Special Guests Appearances:

1. Chief Stan Smith

More than 20 years ago, Tammy R. Scott lost her dad to murder. Jack L. Robinson was a retired Air Force veteran, who had spent over 45 years as a civil servant. Having grown up in Columbia, South Carolina, he had gone on to spend over 25 years in the military - including a stint in Vietnam. After re...

BLOGTALKRADIO.COM

Jack L. Robinson Cold Case (murder) with guest Tammy R. Scott
More than 20 years ago, Tammy R. Scott lost her dad to murder. Jack…
Save

Richland County Sheriff’s Dept. seeks information regarding 21-year cold-case murder
02 Aug 2017/W. Thomas Smith, Jr.
Columbia, Community Engagement, law enforcement, Public Servants, Rosewood
By W. Thomas Smith Jr.

COLUMBIA, S.C. – This month marks the 21st anniversary of the unsolved stabbing-death of Columbia’s Jack Robinson, one of approximately 68 cold case murders the Richland County Sheriff’s Dept. (RCSD) is hoping to bring to a close. And both the victim’s daughter and RCSD investigators are continuing to work it.

The Robinson murder took place Aug. 17, 1996 at the Rosewood Boat Landing (today known as the Jordan Memorial Boat Ramp) an access point to Columbia’s Congaree River on the far west end of Rosewood Drive. There, on that Sat. evening just after 6:00 p.m., RCSD deputies responded to a reported assault wherein they found the 65-year-old Robinson, “stabbed in the upper body,” according to reports. Robinson was immediately transported to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

By W. Thomas Smith Jr. COLUMBIA, S.C. – This month marks the 21st anniversary of the unsolved stabbing-death of Columbia’s Jack Robinson, one of approximately 68 cold case murders the Richland County Sheriff’s Dept. (RCSD) is hoping to bring to a close. And both the victim’s daughter and RCS...

ADMIN NOTE:

Hopefully WS member aug1796unsolvedhomicide will join this discussion as a family member. We have requested that they become a Verified Insider in order to provide inside information on this case.

Until aug1796unsolvedhomicide becomes verified, please note they will be a regular member and can only post information that is supported by MSM or LE. As soon as they become verified, they will be able to share details with members without having to provide links to what they state as fact.

Almost 25 years have passed, so hopefully members will be able to help bring resolution in this case. It's been too long.
I hope what I have posted will prove who I am. If not I need to know what you need please. Thank you. Tammy Robinson Downs, #JusticeforJAckLRobinson

View attachment 254318

‘Until the day I die’: Daughter vows justice in father’s unsolved 1996 Columbia killing

Three young people were hanging out at the boat ramp around 6 p.m. that evening, Smith said. They saw Robinson and a man walk toward them before turning and walking into a wooded area near the river. A short time later, the two men sounded like they were fighting.

Daughter seeks justice after her father was murdered 22 years ago
(article dated August 2017)

At the time of the murder the suspect was only described as a Hispanic male with olive complexion.

Investigators believe he could have been between 25-35 years old.
Thank you.

Please welcome aug1796unvolvedhomicide.

Tricia has verified aug1796 as Jack Robinson's daughter.

This means aug1796 does not need to post links to verify what she posts.
Members may ask her questions but cannot argue or be rude to her in any way.

This is a long time to go without finding out what happened, so hopefully WSers can be helpful in putting together some some pieces of the puzzle to help towards resolution in this case.

25-year cold case investigation continues in Richland County

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - A Midlands woman is hoping to bring attention to her father’s death 25 years after he was killed.

Tammy Downs, along with the Richland County Sheriff’s Department will hold a news conference Tuesday. Downs’ father, Jack Robinson, was found stabbed to death after an altercation on August 17, 1996.

Deputies say he was killed at the Rosewood Boat Landing which is now called Jordan Memorial Landing. Deputies are still looking for the person responsible.

Posters and a billboard are going up this week around the area where Robinson died.

Police have released a composite sketch and an aged progression composite of what the suspect would look like today.

If you have any information about this case, you are urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

Sept. 5, 2021 rbbm.
By Andrea Cavallier
New composite sketch of suspect released in 25-year-old cold case murder investigation of South Carolina man

jack_robinson_suspect_composite.png

A composite sketch and an age-progression composite of what the suspect could look like today was released by deputies in the hope that someone will recognize him and come forward.Richland County Sheriff's Department

''Witnesses told deputies that Jack, who had driven down to the boat landing in his white four-door 1991 Dodge Dynasty, met with a man and walked with him into a wooded area.

A short time later, witnesses heard the two men start to argue, and said they heard Jack tell the man he could get him money and then loudly exclaimed, “what is it that you want,” before the argument seemed to turned physical.

Jack’s daughter told Dateline that she doesn’t believe the murder was over money because she knows her father would have given the person cash if he had it, although she said he rarely carried much cash.

The argument between the two men that day was followed by a scream, witnesses say, and then they said they saw Jack stumble out of the woods, clutching his stomach and chest. He had been stabbed and was pleading for help.

The witnesses called 911 and Jack was rushed to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital where he died from his injuries within just a few hours.

Chief Smith told Dateline that three witnesses gave their statements to the deputies in duty at that time. And they all had the same story. They also gave a solid description of the suspect to police.

He was described as a Latino male about 5’10”, 160 lbs., with a mustache, and he wearing dark Ray-Ban or aviator style sunglasses. He was believed to be around 25-35 years old.

An investigation revealed that Jack most likely knew the suspect and there were theories that they may have had a physical relationship.

Tammy told Dateline that shortly before her father was killed, he frequented a gay bar in the area. She added that the boat landing was a hangout spot for some locals, but she does not know what he would be doing there that day.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back