Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if the baby did crawl out of the apartment and was run over? Wouldn't that person remove the body and drive away?

What if the baby did crawl out of the apartment and was run over? Wouldn't that person remove the body and drive away?
Didn't they bring in dogs though? I think there would be evidence there if the baby was run over. Jmo

Maybe I'm way off, but I really think the 3 year old saw something. The 2nd 911 caller said the 3 year old said a man by the car picked up the baby. I know people have said the parents made her say that; but that call came basically right after they "discovered" her missing. People are criticizing that they could hear them screaming in the background. They were screaming for help, screaming in fear, etc. Its possible the boyfriend sold the baby for drugs or something, but isn't it also possible for the 3 year old to have opened the door and someone to have snatched the baby? Especially after what people have said about it being an unsafe neighborhood.

Its possible they coached the 3yr old of what to say before they started screaming and putting on a big production for the neighbors. I have a 3yr old and if I repeated the same story to him multiple times, that he opened the door and the big bad wolf snuck in and messed up the living room, and then left in a big red truck, I have NO DOUBT, he'd repeat details of my story to anyone that was listening or asked, especially if I added emotion to the story as I told him!

There is more info in this thread than there was on the NG show.

Mother's sister said it was a wedding rehearsal and after-party and mother was home before midnight. More lies?

Still, the baby could have gone missing any time during the night.

Mother said in interview, "Travis has never acted like this before, NEVER." Ummm .. Adding just in case no one else stomached that all the way to the end.

ETA If the apartment complex is that bad, I think even a druggie would make sure the doors are locked up tight. The 3 year old did not open the door.

Mother's sister said it was a wedding rehearsal and after-party and mother was home before midnight. More lies?

Mother said in interview, "Travis has never acted like this before, NEVER." Ummm .. Adding just in case no one else stomached that all the way to the end.

Was there any witnesses to when the mother returned home? I thought I'd read that a neighbor saw the mother return to the apartment in the early morning, around 5am? Im not sure where I read that, but will go back and look. I'd think with how that complex is described, that its always hopping, that there has to be witness to ALL movements to-from the apartment. The problem is the lack of willingness to come forward. Snitches get stitches seems to be what people are saying is their honor code! To me if mom was home by mid-night she's involved. If it was truly 5am, its more likely her crime is more of neglect and stupidity for leaving her children and not checking on them!

It is truly heartbreaking looking at this adorable sweetheart's pictures. Such a sweet face. I just don't understand why this ugliness keeps happening. :sigh:

I don't think this boyfriend puts much value in children. Apparently he left his last girlfriend while she was in the hospital having his baby. :no: What a coldhearted move. And he has three other kids that he does not support. Meanwhile he moves in with a new woman and lives with her two precious girls. It is so maddening that women let these heartless, druggies, felons, creepers, move in with their families. :mad:

ETA If the apartment complex is that bad, I think even a druggie would make sure the doors are locked up tight. The 3 year old did not open the door.

It's possible the sister wants to show her sister in a good light by saying the mother went home by midnight, not realizing she is placing her in the home at the time when probably something happened to the baby.

One other possibility is that the mother was indeed home when something bad happened which would explain why she is saying something like: he never acted like this before. ( or something similar.) Like she witnessed him doing something she has never seen before.
It could be like many cases before, when a mother witnesses/suspects abuse, but after that everybody goes to sleep and the child dies in her sleep. It's possible the mother woke up and the child was already made to disappear by then by the boyfriend to cover up the death.

Or the sister thought the mother was going home at midnight but the mother neglected to tell her she was going with someone to somewhere else instead.

It's possible the sister wants to show her sister in a good light by saying the mother went home by midnight, not realizing she is placing her in the home at the time when probably something happened to the baby.

One other possibility is that the mother was indeed home when something bad happened which would explain why she is saying something like: he never acted like this before. ( or something similar.) Like she witnessed him doing something she has never seen before.
It could be like many cases before, when a mother witnesses/suspects abuse, but after that everybody goes to sleep and the child dies in her sleep. It's possible the mother woke up and the child was already made to disappear by then by the boyfriend to cover up the death.

Or the sister thought the mother was going home at midnight but the mother neglected to tell her she was going with someone to somewhere else instead.

It is possible that the boyfriend found out the bachellorette party was over at midnight, but his girlfriend did not come home. Did it make him angry enough to get revenge by making the child pay the price?

It is possible that the boyfriend found out the bachellorette party was over at midnight, but his girlfriend did not come home. Did it make him angry enough to get revenge by making the child pay the price?

I can see that happening too.

BBM Acted like what? What did he do ? What about .......prison ? Surely they've told LE what his behavior was .

I was out of town for awhile and just saw and read through this case this AM. I'm so sad to see yet another one. And unfortunately I don't see a good outcome in this one either. I ask myself all the time, why??? and will it ever stop? and do I want to follow another one? I can't help myself. Someone has to care about these innocents. I'm so grateful to the wonderfully caring group of WSers that do!

Leona is such a beautiful and precious baby...so sad beyond words.

And Pendleton, thank you for your local input and updates. It's very much appreciated!

Didn't they bring in dogs though? I think there would be evidence there if the baby was run over. Jmo

Not necessarily with the rains they've had. I would think it might depend on weather conditions and time before dogs were assigned?

I don't know where she supposedly went for drinks after the wedding party thing, but I do not know of anywhere that serves alcohol that is open later than 2 am.

Was there any witnesses to when the mother returned home? I thought I'd read that a neighbor saw the mother return to the apartment in the early morning, around 5am? Im not sure where I read that, but will go back and look. I'd think with how that complex is described, that its always hopping, that there has to be witness to ALL movements to-from the apartment. The problem is the lack of willingness to come forward. Snitches get stitches seems to be what people are saying is their honor code! To me if mom was home by mid-night she's involved. If it was truly 5am, its more likely her crime is more of neglect and stupidity for leaving her children and not checking on them!

The early reports said she took a cab home. The cab company should know about what time that was.

If there had been blood on the ground, I believe the dogs could have still picked up on it. We had rain that night, but not as heavy as it has been before and since then. It was still a good rain though, so it is iffy. The cadaver dogs would have found a body on the ground by now if it were there to find. I don't believe she was ever on the ground.

The cops even say they don't have a solid timeline and that is what makes this so incredibly frustrating and to me, casts a lot of suspicion on the mother. I think she went to the jail with Leoana's father to try to find out what Travis may have told the cops. There's no doubt in my mind that this mother knows more than she is saying, whether she was directly involved or witnessed it or whatever. A mother never talks about her child in past tense unless they've had the heartbreak of burying them imho.

Not necessarily with the rains they've had. I would think it might depend on weather conditions and time before dogs were assigned?

If there had been blood on the ground, I believe the dogs could have still picked up on it. We had rain that night, but not as heavy as it has been before and since then. It was still a good rain though, so it is iffy. The cadaver dogs would have found a body on the ground by now if it were there to find. I don't believe she was ever on the ground.

The cops even say they don't have a solid timeline and that is what makes this so incredibly frustrating and to me, casts a lot of suspicion on the mother. I think she went to the jail with Leoana's father to try to find out what Travis may have told the cops. There's no doubt in my mind that this mother knows more than she is saying, whether she was directly involved or witnessed it or whatever. A mother never talks about her child in past tense unless they've had the heartbreak of burying them imho.

Do you know if the dogs picked up ANYTHING at or near the apt? If the baby had crawled out through the door certainly the dogs would have trailed that scent?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OffTrailMeanderer
Back