Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is awful :(
Time and time again the story starts out the same, baby left with mums boyfriend, not the baby's father, baby reported missing,everyone starts searching............
The outcome is never good!

I truly hope that little Leona was picked up by someone who knows how to keep her safe and to love and protect her from harm.
Wishful thinking? Probably, but it's just about all I have right know.

Praying for you little one.

You know how we've talked about Amber Alerts and if one went off every time there was a missing child, people would become immune to the AA and no longer pay attention?? Well, I'm just about at that point even without an AA!!

How many dayum times do we have to see a missing child under the age of 2 missing, and 'no foul play', last seen with step parent, or newest fling for the parent, and it NEVER ends up good!!!

I know I'm not the only one sickened by it. I'm sickened when the Mom is out working to support the dead beat that's hanging out at her house for free food, free room, and sex! Doesn't support the Mom in anyway. Doesn't really take care of the kids, just exists, because after all, they aren't HIS kids! For gosh sakes, get a darn pet rock and stop having these innocent kids that didn't ask to be brought into this world! But once they are in this world they are YOUR RESPOSIBILITY!!!! How about letting a grandparent watch them if you need a baby sitter? Or the father of the child?? Or an aunt??? Hell there's gotta be someone in your circle that is safe to keep a kid, but the dead beat is NOT!!!

***ending my rant for now*** Gosh I'm pissed!

The woman wants love and this time it will be different . This time the guy loves her.

The guys are great con artists.

Information from the public led investigators to expand their search to the waste transfer center in Pendleton until 10 p.m. Saturday. The search resumed Sunday morning.

WYFF News 4's Corey Davis said deputies have blocked off the entrance to the Anderson County Sheriff's Office is blocking the entrance Pendleton Transfer Center. The site is where trucks carrying garbage collected from throughout the community transfer the waste into other vehicles bound for the landfill.

Sheriff John Skipper said garbage from the apartment complex dumpster was likely brought to the site.

"From history throughout the county, you know that when people come up missing sometimes they end up in a landfill," Skipper said. "We always try to put this first on our list. That way, we’ll know that if it wasn’t in the truck then we don’t have to go someplace else and dig later.”

When asked if he thought the baby was still alive, Skipper said "You can always hope."[

(snip)
Travis-Jones-JPG.jpg

Investigators did say Jones was arrested on a bench warrant not connected to this case.

10th Judicial Circuit Public Index Travis Jones is in custody According to officials at the Anderson County Detention Center, Jones has already seen a magistrate as of Sunday morning. According to the detention center website, Jones was arrested after failure to appear following a misdemeanor charge.

more and video at link
http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546

Sounds like mom was there overnight. http://www.independentmail.com/news...hrough-trash-in-search-for-missing-1-year-old

The child’s mother, Kiara Sullivan, told the Independent Mail that Leona was missing when she and her boyfriend woke up at 9:25 a.m. Saturday — three hours after she had last checked on the toddler. Sullivan said her boyfriend, Travis Jones, told her he saw Leona’s 3-year-old sister, A’riel, standing in an open door at the apartment. Authorities said Leona may have walked or crawled through the door that her sister opened.

Search continues for 1-year-old Pendleton girl
4:32 p.m. EDT June 7, 2015

The Anderson County Sheriff's Office on Sunday afternoon continued to investigate the disappearance of a 1-year-old Pendleton girl, Lt. Sheila Cole said.

Officers planned to search for the toddler, Leaona Cheyanne Wright, until nighttime and resume the search Monday morning if necessary, the Sheriff's Office said Sunday.

More than 200 people and multiple K-9 units searched the woods Saturday around the apartment complex. Authorities on Sunday continued to search for the toddler in the Pendleton area, including at the Pendleton Transfer Station, 502 Woody Road, as a "precautionary measure only," Cole said.

ut oh, rant isn't over.

Why do people do that??? Make a donation to a local charity in the child's name. Buy some stuffed animals for the police or rescue workers to give to kids. Or a battered woman's shelter, homeless shelter. Those kids would like a stuffed animal or balloon, but a deceased child doesn't need nor want them!

Send flowers to a child you love! Imagine how surprised they would be to get flowers!! But don't throw them on a heap on the side of the road somewhere. What a waste!

Going into hiding before I find a ticket to band camp

As I understand it, those stuffed animals are usually donated.

I can't find any updates on little Leona :(

This story stinks. I'm praying for a miracle today :praying:

I'm local here, and they switched from looking for a wandered off child to a hidden dead child pretty quickly. The apt dumpster had just been dumped, so they could narrow down what area in the landfill, then they went straight to the ajoining woods with dogs. I guess unless someone else was involved that had a car, the baby will be close to home.
And yeah, this happens way to often. I hope while boyfriend is in jail, they are pressuring him there and the mother at home, till somebody cracks.

I hope the three year old has good speech skills.

I have a three year old and he is very clear with his speech. But the words he says are usually nonsense. 3 year olds would be the worlds most unreliable witnesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn
Back