GUILTY SC - Matthew Autry, 29 & Shawn David Anderson, 35, in burned vehicle, Socastee Jul 27 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, November 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ am ET) – SC – Matthew Autry (29) & Shawn David Anderson (35) (July 27, 2018, Socestee; shot, stabbed & burned in car) – for *Zachary Kane Stell (31) arrested (7/1/18), charged (7/30/18), indicted (11/14/18) & arraigned (4/16/20) with 2 counts of murder, 1 count of 1st degree arson, 1 count of possession of drugs & 1 count of unlawful weapons. Held without bond, which was denied on 7/29/18.
Trial began on 11/2/20.
Court info from 9/17/28 thru 11/2/20 (jury selection) reference post #133 here:
SC - Matthew Autry, 29 & Shawn David Anderson, 35, in burned vehicle, Socastee Jul 27 2018
11/3/20 Trial Day 1 Tuesday: Opening statements by Assistant Solicitor Car Walker & defense attorney Brad Richardson. State witnesses: No info yet. Trial continues on 11/4/20.
11/4/20 Trial Day 2 Wednesday: State witnesses: Witness Jeret Lloyd Cox failed to appear as witness. No other info available. Trial continues on 11/5.

11/5/20 Trial Day 3 Thursday: State witnesses: No info available. Trial continues on 11/6/20.

*Michael Wixted Faile (37) – 9/8/20: Plead guilty. Sentenced to 10 years in prison.
*David Lee Cook (44) – Trial was supposed to start in July, 2020 cancelled due to COVID. No update as of 11/5/20.
*William David Tatum (37) – Trial was supposed to start in July, 2020 cancelled due to COVID. No update as of 11/5/20.
*Jeret Lloyd Cox (29) – No update as of 11/5/20.
*Miranda Nicole Owens – 9/17/18: Last Order: Appointment of attorney with co-defendants. No other update as of 11/5/20.
*Shannon Ray Little – No update as of 11/5/20.

Can anyone reading here - access this article? I really don't want to sign up - even if it says "free" subscription.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/

A 10 % synopsis would be great - you know - witnesses' name, etc. TIA! :)

Can anyone reading here - access this article? I really don't want to sign up - even if it says "free" subscription.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/

A 10 % synopsis would be great - you know - witnesses' name, etc. TIA! :)
Here's the links to the two videos in the article. I'm working to get the article now.

ETA: Well that just takes you to the sign up screen. Ok, scratch that. See if you can read this PDF I've attached.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article215849840.html

Attachments

Thank you VERY much @PayrollNerd - yes I could read the PDF file you attached! It sounds like the jury might be getting the case on Monday. The defense called some witnesses re article, but of course doesn't give the names! :rolleyes: I hate those kind of reports! LOL!

Monday, November 9th:
*Trial continues (Day 5)-VERDICT WATCH! ?? (@ am ET) – SC – Matthew Autry (29) & Shawn David Anderson (35) (July 27, 2018, Socestee; shot, stabbed & burned in car) – for *Zachary Kane Stell (31) arrested (7/1/18), charged (7/30/18), indicted (11/14/18) & arraigned (4/16/20) with 2 counts of murder, 1 count of 1st degree arson (dismissed), 1 count of possession of drugs (dismissed) & 1 count of unlawful weapons (dismissed). Held without bond, which was denied on 7/29/18.
Trial began on 11/2/20.
Court info from 9/17/28 thru 11/2/20 (jury selection) reference post #133 here:
SC - Matthew Autry, 29 & Shawn David Anderson, 35, in burned vehicle, Socastee Jul 27 2018 *arrest*

11/3/20 Trial Day 1 Tuesday: Opening statements by Assistant Solicitor Car Walker & defense attorney Brad Richardson. State witnesses: No info yet. Trial continues on 11/4/20.
11/4/20 Trial Day 2 Wednesday: State witnesses: Witness Jeret Lloyd Cox failed to appear as witness. No other info available. Trial continues on 11/5.
11/5/20 Trial Day 3 Thursday: State witnesses: No info available. Trial continues on 11/6/20.
11/6/20 Trial Day 4 Friday: State witnesses: David Cook (accomplice). State rested their case. Defense Attorney Brad Richardson focused on Cook’s statements to police as he cross-examined his case & called witnesses. No info on defense witnesses. Trial continues on 11/9/20. Jury could receive case on Monday.
Accomplices:
*Michael Wixted Faile (37) – 9/8/20: Plead guilty. Sentenced to 10 years in prison.
*David Lee Cook (44) – Trial was supposed to start in July, 2020 cancelled due to COVID. No update as of 11/5/20.
*William David Tatum (37) – Trial was supposed to start in July, 2020 cancelled due to COVID. No update as of 11/5/20.
*Miranda Nicole Owens – 9/17/18: Last Order: Appointment of attorney with co-defendants. No other update as of 11/5/20.

Thanks @PayrollNerd !

Wondering "what" that Failure to Appear/Comply/Pay is about on 11/3. He's in custody - so maybe failure to pay?

There are no updates on the court site yet. I also did not find anything about a verdict yet. I did find this article and figured I'd link it.

Trial starts for US military veteran accused of killing two in drug deal
November 07, 2020 Alex Lang - The Sun News

A U.S. military veteran orchestrated a plan that ended with two men murdered and their car burned, state prosecutors said.

But, his lawyer said the veteran was the victim—a man who was targeted by one of his co-defendants looking to deflect police attention.

That is how attorneys described the case against Zachary Stell to a jury during opening statements. Tuesday marked the start of Stell’s trial in Horry County on two counts of murder. He faces life in prison. The state also called its first witnesses during the afternoon.

Attachments

Well that's really strange - what about David Cook testifying on Friday, 11/6 - ?? In the article you posted in #145 - ??

Maybe that is an old article you just posted - saying trial begins on Tuesday. Last Tuesday, 11/3/20 IS when I had the trial starting. Even though the article is dated Nov. 7.

Really confused now....
46x32px-LL-c008d189_crazy.gif

I'm going to keep post this - until we get this cleared up....

Tuesday, November 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 6)-VERDICT WATCH! (@ am ET) – SC – Matthew Autry (29) & Shawn David Anderson (35) (July 27, 2018, Socestee; shot, stabbed & burned in car) – for *Zachary Kane Stell (31) arrested (7/1/18), charged (7/30/18), indicted (11/14/18) & arraigned (4/16/20) with 2 counts of murder, 1 count of 1st degree arson, 1 count of possession of drugs & 1 count of unlawful weapons. Held without bond, which was denied on 7/29/18.
Trial began on 11/2/20 & ended 11/9/20.
Court info from 9/17/28 thru 11/2/20 (jury selection) & Trial (11/3 to 11/5/20) reference post #147 here:
SC - Matthew Autry, 29 & Shawn David Anderson, 35, in burned vehicle, Socastee Jul 27 2018 *arrest*

11/6/20 Trial Day 4 Friday: State witnesses: David Cook (accomplice). State rested their case. Defense Attorney Brad Richardson focused on Cook’s statements to police as he cross-examined his case & called witnesses. No info on defense witnesses. Trial continues on 11/9/20. Jury could receive case on Monday.
11/9/20 Trail Day 5 Monday: Closing arguments. Jury sent to deliberate. No info available. Jury deliberations – maybe – continued to 11/10/20.

Just got an alert!

Oh my - I never expected this!

Jury finds man not guilty in case of 2 found dead, bodies burned in Socastee

Nov. 9, 2020

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) – One of the men accused of killing two men and then setting their bodies on fire in a car in Socastee was acquitted on Monday.

Zachary Stell’s trial started last week and ended on Monday.

According to 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson, the jury deliberated for nine hours before finding him not guilty in the case.
[.....]
Cook and Tatum have not gone to trial yet for their suspected roles in the case.

Shannon Ray Little and Jeret Cox were also arrested in the case and charged with accessory after the fact to felony murder. They are also awaiting trial.

Looks like Cook got sentenced last Tuesday, 12/8/20.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article247693815.html

Dec. 8, 2020

The mother of a man murdered and his remains set on fire in Socastee told one of his killers that she never imagined she would be talking about her own child’s death.
[.....]
Baker made her comments during a sentencing hearing for David Cook on Tuesday in Horry County court. He and three other men were charged with murder in connection to the death of Shawn Anderson and Autry in July 2018. Cook pleaded guilty to two counts of voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced to 16 years in prison.

William Tatum, who is a co-defendant in the case, was also in court and pleaded guilty under the Alford caveat to possession of heroin and accessory after the fact to murder. He was sentenced to seven years in prison, but it was suspended for five years probation.
[.....]
Cook said from the witness stand a month ago that he met Stell and Michael Faile through another friend. Faile, who was also charged in connection to the case, would later plead guilty and sentenced to 10 years in prison. Cook said Faile and Stell were interested in getting revenge for stolen drugs.

@PayrollNerd - case is almost over - I was wondering about these 3 that are left?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-057.gif

@PayrollNerd Boy that was quick! Okay - looks like I can file this case away!

Thanks a bunch for your help on this one!
animated-smileys-christmas-127.gif

I just happened to be on my laptop so the timing was perfect. Glad to help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back