SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

Welcome to Thread #11

Please continue here…

Last edited:
Prior to the June 7 deaths of his wife and son, Murdaugh had been writing checks of only about $10,000 to $20,000 a month or so to the go-between, the sources said.

“The checks make the money trail very easy to follow,” one source said.

Sources said agents with the State Law Enforcement Division have already targeted suspects in the case.

UPDATED NOVEMBER 01, 2021

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article255393791.html

This is the second reported grand jury involved in a case related to the Murdaugh family. Sources told the Island Packet, Beaufort Gazette and State newspapers that a grand jury is examining whether there was obstruction of justice in the investigation into Mallory Beach’s death.

i think LE is saying since AM admitted he was attempting to have himself killed to have the ins. money go to buster and the gunman admits that AM wanted him to kill AM that just the attempt is chargeable as though it really happened. kinda like the pact was made when AM gave the gunman the gun and it just didn't succeed. otherwise i don't understand why the charge was made since AM did not die and buster did not collect. MOO.

i think LE is saying since AM admitted he was attempting to have himself killed to have the ins. money go to buster and the gunman admits that AM wanted him to kill AM that just the attempt is chargeable as though it really happened. kinda like the pact was made when AM gave the gunman the gun and it just didn't succeed. otherwise i don't understand why the charge was made since AM did not die and buster did not collect. MOO.

Basically, the job of the grand jury is to decide: "is there enough credible evidence to charge the defendant with this crime?”

The bar is pretty low, but the GJ has to have actual evidence; they cannot make their decision based on hearsay.

I’m wondering if they’re just going on the “official” account of what happened…but they had enough evidence to agree that the two men conspired together…and the details will be hashed out in trial.

My guess would be they have communication between the two men showing collusion.

Remember Eddie said he got a call from Alex asking him to come help but didn’t know why? Obviously that’s untrue.

Just the fact that AM called CS and he responded was probably enough. Jmo
I’m not on board with CS involved in the shooting. I’m trying to connect CS with this drug running operation. Seems to me that when the cowboys were arrested and convicted, iirc some still in prison, would have spilled the beans on who was paying them to get drugs or who was buying drugs that they could flip on and get a lighter sentence.

Years ago a person that I didn’t personally know but knew the story, got busted for selling by the person she sold to. LE wanted her supplier for lighter sentence. She refused, served 4 years. She said she wanted to live.

Murdaugh’s latest “confession” is likely to further stoke speculation that he is attempting to keep assets in the hands of his family and former law partners — prioritizing their ability to recover funds over other victims of his alleged financial crimes.

“This is so blatantly transparent,” a source tracking the Murdaugh financials told this news outlet. “For them to pull this , they have to be completely desperate.”

Several attorneys who spoke with FITSNews said it’s highly unlikely either of the confession of judgment documents will hold up in court.

“It’s clearly a fraudulent conveyance,” an attorney close to the situation told FITSNews yesterday. “It’s a brazen and blatant attempt to prefer a creditor over other legitimate creditors — because he’s family.”

Multiple attorneys who spoke with FITSNews said that the latest moves on behalf of the Murdaugh camp were unwise — to put it nicely.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Another Shady Legal Move By Disgraced Attorney

IMO investigators know a lot more than we do.
That’s why they’ve stacked the indictments against Fast Eddie. They’re hoping he’ll sing like a canary.

….and CES says he didn’t agree to shooting AM and that AM brought the gun and CES says he was trying to wrestle the gun away from AM and that’s when the gun fired but did not hit AM. CES says he left with the gun to prevent AM from shooting himself. According to CES he shouldn’t be charged for anything. Whether that’s true or not should be revealed. I would like to know when CES received checks from AM - the amounts and dates. Was it closer to the double murders?

The order freezing the assets is intentionally broad, according to the judge. It applies to “all assets, future interests, beneficial interests, inherited assets, assets transferred, real property, securities, stocks, promissory notes, mortgages, partnership interests, interest in all limited liability companies and similar types of entities, options, bonds, rents, leases, annuities, contract rights, creditor rights, easements, chattel, livestock, mineral rights, all useful things, liabilities capable of being recharacterized as assets, intellectual property, all rights to name, image or likeness, all publication rights to the events related in any way to Alex Murdaugh and contract rights and all other things, rights and interests without limitation that may be monetized for value, whether known or unknown, whether it is presently owned, held or controlled or was previously owned, held or controlled or will be owned, held or controlled in the future, whether actual or contingent, whether owned, held or controlled directly or indirectly and/or whether owned, held or controlled in whole or in part by Defendant Richard Alexander Murdaugh (“Alex Murdaugh”). For the avoidance of doubt, the term “Alex Murdaugh Assets” includes any and all assets transferred, concealed, hidden, sold, encumbered, or otherwise disposed of which previously were owned, held or controlled by Alex Murdaugh, directly or indirectly and in whole or in part.”

Frozen Murdaugh assets can be used to pay for investigation into assets, judge rules | WCBD News 2

@RealRileyBenson

NEW: Alex Murdaugh has signed a confession admitting he owes money to his former law partner, John Parker from PMPED. Confession says Murdaugh owes nearly $500,000 dollars. This after Murdaugh admitted to owing his brother nearly $100,000.
@WCBD

What if he really doesn’t owe him anything and is just attempting to move money quicker?

Can someone please point me to how Eddie was caught in a lie? I haven’t been able to read each post, I am behind on the thread.
TIA!

Remember Eddie said he got a call from Alex asking him to come help but didn’t know why? Obviously that’s untrue. The grand jury just indicted him on multiple counts of conspiracy.

I believe SLED knows who killed Maggie and Paul, but it is a purely circumstantial case right now. In order to have a solid case, they need the missing AR used to kill Maggie or proof of payment for a hit (or something like that). I think they have motive, but they need something more to secure their case.

The prosecutor obviously feels confident in the evidence regarding the conspiracy charges and a grand jury has agreed to indict. I believe they have solid evidence regarding this “suicide” scheme and they’ve come down heavy-handed on Eddie to try to get him to talk, agree to a plea deal, or turn on Alex. This also tells us they believe he knows a lot more than he’s admitting to.

The receivership is going to light the fire in Alex’s britches. Everything is about to be exposed, including where all that money has gone and who all was involved—including that $200,000 payment after the murders. He’s going to have to decide whether to talk, plea, or risk exposing those involved in his scheme, whatever that may be (my guess is it might involve the 14th district, but it could also be drugs, Ponzi scheme, etc.).

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member