SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Murdaugh's ex-GF detailed in a court doc how Paul “consumed alcohol on an almost daily basis and regularly drank to the point of becoming grossly intoxicated,” which was enabled by his family, prior to a 2019 boat crash that started the Murdaugh saga.
View attachment 342603

The Feb. 2019 boat crash, which killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach and shed the first harsh spotlight on the Murdaugh legal dynasty, prompted a civil lawsuit against the Murdaugh family and Parker’s convenience stores. The filing from Morgan Doughty is the latest in that lawsuit

Why does Paul Murdaugh's drinking behavior & family's enabling matter?
The boat crash where Paul was accused of driving drunk first brought the Murdaugh family from a venerable legacy to a powerful family under scrutiny.
https://twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1522305103683854336?s=21&t=G4zsdBjUwikobcu9a08sYA

I wonder if he was drinking on the night of the murders? Or if he was still drinking a lot while on bond? I would guess that could violate something but I’m not sure.

I wonder if he was drinking on the night of the murders? Or if he was still drinking a lot while on bond? I would guess that could violate something but I’m not sure.
I was wondering the same, as it could certainly have made things easier for the killer(s).

Toxicology leak would be nice.

Also shocking? Former 14th Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III, Alex’s father who died days after Maggie and Paul Murdaugh’s murders in June, received a large sum of money that was stolen from the Pinckney estate, too, according to Bamberg.

Specifically, a $329,500 money order from the stolen funds was given to Randolph Murdaugh III.

Bamberg also discovered a $10,000 checking deposit made to Maggie Murdaugh and about $4,000 made to “Murdaugh Charters,” an LLC owned by Alex Murdaugh.

I like the new digs.

I’m not sure how much I care about this Paul booze story that I just read on foxcarolina. How many parents know about an adult that they raised having substance problems and continue to support them? Money or otherwise. I know mine did. It goes on to say that the parents. (One murdered and unable to respond to this. (My opine) provided booze at times so we may find some fault there. However there are situations where parents allow such behaviors at home rather than having their young people on the road. I Guess they are using this in the suit but it’s a little late to expect these murder victims to atone for any mistakes they may have made.

Also shocking? Former 14th Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III, Alex’s father who died days after Maggie and Paul Murdaugh’s murders in June, received a large sum of money that was stolen from the Pinckney estate, too, according to Bamberg.

Specifically, a $329,500 money order from the stolen funds was given to Randolph Murdaugh III.

Bamberg also discovered a $10,000 checking deposit made to Maggie Murdaugh and about $4,000 made to “Murdaugh Charters,” an LLC owned by Alex Murdaugh.
Didn’t we learn way back that AM had borrowed something like $300,000 from his father. Maybe the money stolen from the Pinckney settlement was supposed to be reimbursement.

Apparently he is sharp enough to avoid murder charges since they in fact have had him in jail for 6 months but have been unable to find the evidence to make murder charges on anybody for this.
Nah- I think they have him where they want him (behind bars) and charging him now vs. charging him if/ when he could bond out - it makes sense to not show all their cards right now. Frankly, they are uncovering crime after crime as they peel the Murdaugh onion and it's got to be stretching their resources in ways they never expected.

Awaiting murder charges for AM. Wondering how he’s holding up in jail :p
AM has some leverage with his “colleagues” — proving free legal counsel and/or $$ that JMM’s wife provides upon his request in exchange for … safety, extra cheese sticks, whatever … MOO

I am curious about what he has access to behind bars? Do they have the news playing in the social room or are TV channels restricted to sitcoms, sports, HGTV? I’m wondering what developments he is aware of, short of what he might learn in calls from hoots or family?

Seriously. Does anyone know?
How much time is in cell? Do they eat in cell or in a mess hall? Is the “canteen” a rolling cart that they push around weekly or actual room they can visit?

I understand from some episodes of a SC podcast, Pretty Lies & Alibis that “jail” and “prison” are different in culture, rules, etc. Jail being the detention center before conviction, and prison being where you reside to fulfill your sentence.

If any of you have insight on this, I’d be interested in what you share.

AM has some leverage with his “colleagues” — proving free legal counsel and/or $$ that JMM’s wife provides upon his request in exchange for … safety, extra cheese sticks, whatever … MOO

I am curious about what he has access to behind bars? Do they have the news playing in the social room or are TV channels restricted to sitcoms, sports, HGTV? I’m wondering what developments he is aware of, short of what he might learn in calls from hoots or family?

How much time is in cell? Do they eat in cell or in a mess hall? Is the “canteen” a rolling cart that they push around weekly or actual room they can visit?

I understand from some episodes of a SC podcast, Pretty Lies & Alibis that “jail” and “prison” are different in culture, rules, etc. Jail being the detention center before conviction, and prison being where you reside to fulfill your sentence.

I would guess that jail while waiting on trial is pretty much a max security type of situation with all that goes with it. I had to stay a few weekends in the lovely local jail for making fake IDs years ago and that one, now closed, had a tv room that they let people go to but it was very restrictive in the 80s at least. I’m sorry but thankfully I don’t have any knowledge on the current jail workings.

No idea if I’m right but I picture it to be like the jails in the reality show “60 Days In” with pods consisting of 2-4 person cells and a common room in the middle where inmates hang out during the day. Meals are brought into the common room and inmates get an hour or so (every day?) to go outside or use fitness eqpt. That design is similar to the one in the county where I volunteered w/sheriff’s department for animal control and emergency animal evac during forest fires.

Premise of “50 Days In” is 5-6 innocent male and female civilian volunteers to go into the jail posing as prisoners to get a first hand look and suggest improvements to the sheriff and warden. Some participants last the full 60 days and others tap out — one quit before even making it out of holding. I found the it interesting.

No idea if I’m right but I picture it to be like the jails in the reality show “60 Days In” with pods consisting of 2-4 person cells and a common room in the middle where inmates hang out during the day. Meals are brought into the common room and inmates get an hour or so (every day?) to go outside or use fitness eqpt. That design is similar to the one in the county where I volunteered w/sheriff’s department for animal control and emergency animal evac during forest fires.

Premise of “50 Days In” is 5-6 innocent male and female civilian volunteers to go into the jail posing as prisoners to get a first hand look and suggest improvements to the sheriff and warden. Some participants last the full 60 days and others tap out — one quit before even making it out of holding. I found the it interesting.

I just spoke to a friend in Columbia who has had the pleasure of a short stint in the Glenn center and he describes it as you do above but suggests the possibility of AM being in “Block”, which he described as separated and more secure. This is a guess based on AMs charges and notoriety.

I’ve been thinking about the weapon and bullets that killed MM. do we know if they recovered actual bullets? This gun that is supposedly missing from their collection is a big hole as these things don't just get up and walk around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii