SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Paul and his mother were witnesses to the fall of the housekeeper do you think that was the reason they were murdered? Perhaps Maggie had indicated to Alex that she was about to spill the beans on this and other misdeeds she had come across as she was preparing to go forward with a divorce. Perhaps Paul sided with his mother.

Secondly, there were only about five stairs or so off the porch at Moselle, I find it hard to believe that those injuries were sustained in a trip. No broken arms or wrists present and I would think she would have tried to catch herself or break her fall. MOO MOO MOO

Since Paul and his mother were witnesses to the fall of the housekeeper do you think that was the reason they were murdered? Perhaps Maggie had indicated to Alex that she was about to spill the beans on this and other misdeeds she had come across as she was preparing to go forward with a divorce. Perhaps Paul sided with his mother.

Secondly, there were only about five stairs or so off the porch at Moselle, I find it hard to believe that those injuries were sustained in a trip. No broken arms or wrists present and I would think she would have tried to catch herself or break her fall. MOO MOO MOO

That is a very good point about the arms and wrists. It will be good to see what they come up with.

“My wife and child have been shot badly. ... Please hurry!” Alex Murdaugh yelled through the phone to the 911 operator in a high-pitched voice between what sounded like stifled sobs. “They’re on the ground out at my kennels.” A year later, the gruesome slayings have turned into one of the state’s most high-profile, longest-running unsolved murder mysteries.

I am the clumsiest person in the world. Always have been. I have fallen or tripped up and down stairs, over curbs, grass, concrete, you name it. Once, I tripped on my own top front step and went face first hard into my front door. Went to the ER but it was nothing serious. As much as I have fallen, I have never been seriously injured. Usually I scrape my hands or arms up to the elbows, in breaking my fall. If I fall forward, I usually bruise my knees and my elbows. But never both sides. As a master faller, I have doubted the story from the jump.

snipped> “Paul is said to have been shot at close range, and Maggie, as she was running.” [BBM]

Don't think I have before read in MSM that Maggie was running.

I found the wording of these facts interesting, too:

snipped> “No one knows the exact time of death, though it was estimated to be around 9 to 10 p.m., from about twilight to total darkness.

“The two weapons used in the killings have not been found, sources have said.”

snipped> “SLED hasn’t commented on whether its investigation includes gun shot residue, DNA, spatter, footprints, fingerprints, cellphone location records and the like. The night of the killings it rained, possibly perhaps complicating the gathering of evidence at the scene.

“Paul and Maggie being killed with two different kinds of weapons also poses a special problem, said [Jack] Swerling, a Columbia criminal defense lawyer.

“‘Police are going to have to place those weapons in the hands of somebody, or two people,’ Swerling said. ‘It’s possible that one person used two different weapons. But it’s more probable that there were two different people involved.’”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article262082872.html#storylink=cpy

‘Mountain Of Evidence’ Piling Up Against Alex Murdaugh In Murder Case, Sources Say​

Audio and video evidence contradicts timeline and where Murdaugh says he was around the time of the murders …

<Snip>

The State newspaper published a profile on Bamberg attorney Chris Wilson — a friend of Alex Murdaugh.

In the profile, Murdaugh’s attorney Jim Griffinwas now unequivocally placing Murdaugh at Moselle shortly before the murders.

“Griffin contends that Murdaugh, a person of interest in the investigation, left the estate around 9 p.m. to drive to his mother’s house, about a 20-minute drive, and returned to the estate around 10 p.m., or shortly after.”

Why say this now?

One possible reason could be this: Audio and video evidence obtained by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division shows that Alex Murdaugh was indeed near the kennels that evening. Before he said he left for Varnville, he not only saw his wife and son, he interacted with Maggie and Paul shortly before they were killed, multiple sources with knowledge of the investigation have confirmed to FITSNews.

Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources.

It is the latest revelation from the meticulously executed — and therefore slow-going — investigation.

As FITSNews exclusively reported in April, high-velocity impact spatter was found on Murdaugh’s clothes, which places him at the scene of the murders when at least one of the victims was killed.

FITSNews also reported that Maggie Murdaugh appears to have been lured to Moselle that night by her husband under the guise of visiting his dying father.

Right now, there is a “mountain of evidence” implicating Alex Murdaugh in the crimes, multiple sources have told FITSNews.

“Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources.” :oops:
The fact that it apparently took them quite a while to unlock Paul's phone, may partially explain why this has taken so long. Obviously there's no rush with him behind bars, but it feels to me like something big is coming.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the one year anniversary.

The fact that it apparently took them quite a while to unlock Paul's phone, may partially explain why this has taken so long. Obviously there's no rush with him behind bars, but it feels to me like something big is coming.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the one year anniversary.
Seems like we are making progress, and yes, how very sad, tomorrow is one year. I particularly feel for Maggie’s family.

>> I am curious to know why Paul was video taping his parents in conversation? Strange. Any thoughts on this?

>> I agree FitsNews seems to know more: Yesterday (Sunday) Will Folks interviewed Ronny & Eric — an interesting one hour-plus conversation. At the end they all agree they expect something will be breaking soon and Will alludes to all the new intel FitsNews published today. I definitely had the feeling Will knows A LOT but is being responsible about what he reveals.

5AF168D6-83BE-45FE-88EB-1776226DD261.jpeg

June 5 interview on You Tube: https://youtu.be/Ss3pMrYOQHk

Last edited:
Seems like we are making progress, and yes, how very sad, tomorrow is one year. I particularly feel for Maggie’s family.

>> I am curious to know why Paul was video taping his parents in conversation? Strange. Any thoughts on this?

>> I agree FitsNews seems to know more: Yesterday (Sunday) Will Folks interviewed Ronny & Eric — an interesting one hour-plus conversation. At the end they all agree they expect something will be breaking soon and Will alludes to all the new intel FitsNews published today. I definitely had the feeling Will knows A LOT but is being responsible about what he reveals.

June 5 interview on You Tube: https://youtu.be/Ss3pMrYOQHk
I wonder if he was doing it surreptitiously; maybe the conversation was contentious, or his mom had asked him to record it beforehand.

In any event, that sounds like a massive piece of evidence.

I totally agree, Will knows way more than he's published, and is probably trying to protect both sources, and the investigation.

I wonder if he was doing it surreptitiously; maybe the conversation was contentious, or his mom had asked him to record it beforehand.

I totally agree, Will knows way more than he's published, and is probably trying to protect both sources, and the investigation.
This is exactly what I was thinking — Maggie had concerns. I wonder if her hesitancy went as far as concerns for her safety.

I’m surprised Alex wouldn’t have objected to the video, or maybe Paul was hiding somewhere and Alex didn’t know.

When this all breaks, there should certainly be enough fascinating details to keep us reading for months.:eek:

Another question: did you all pick up on the detail that Alex had also called his father while he was driving back to Moselle. Wonder if that is significant? MOO

Some of us have wondered whether a father would ever assist his son in a matter like this. Only my musings. MOO.

Another question: did you all pick up on the detail that Alex had also called his father while he was driving back to Moselle. Wonder if that is significant? MOO

Some of us have wondered whether a father would ever assist his son in a matter like this. Only my musings. MOO.
I missed that, but it would be strange to make that phone call when you've just visited with him.

So maybe he told his father to lie or something.

What are the sources you think Will is trying to protect?

I wonder if the video was of the injured dog at the kennel.
It may be meaningless in itself other than it shows Maggie, Paul, and Alex were together at the kennels when he said he napped and never saw them before he left for his mother’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7