SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they leave? I didn't see anything revealed in the twitter feed.

I don’t know why they left, but my guess is Harpootlian and Griffin were dancing a jig when they found out.
I hope Mandy and Liz will stay on the case, if they don’t we’re in real trouble because every other media source in SC is in Harpootlian’s pocket.

They say they will continue to work on the Murdaugh Murders podcast. Perhaps they plan to write a book, or work as film consultants.

Edit: Curiously, I see nothing about this at FitsNews. What gives?

Last edited:
<snipped & BBM>

The State is also going to ask for a protective order, or a gag order, preventing people involved from discussing details of this case outside of the courtroom.

The State’s reasoning is that the murders of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh are generating a lot of public attention and the evidence, in this case, has sensitive information. The State hopes the temporary order will later become a permanent gag order.

The filing says, “There is no intent to keep litigation of this case secret from the public, but that this order is to protect the process and ensure evidence only comes out in a public courtroom.”

Interesting that the State is asking for the gag order this time, although they did agree with Harpootlian during the last hearing when he pitched it to Judge Newman.

<snipped & BBM>

The State is also going to ask for a protective order, or a gag order, preventing people involved from discussing details of this case outside of the courtroom.

The State’s reasoning is that the murders of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh are generating a lot of public attention and the evidence, in this case, has sensitive information. The State hopes the temporary order will later become a permanent gag order.

The filing says, “There is no intent to keep litigation of this case secret from the public, but that this order is to protect the process and ensure evidence only comes out in a public courtroom.”

Interesting that the State is asking for the gag order this time, although they did agree with Harpootlian during the last hearing when he pitched it to Judge Newman.

I may sound over cynical but it seems that everybody involved in this case wants something hidden from the public. It’s awfully close to Election Day too. It just smells bad. It’s as if they don’t think the people in the community or state deserve to know what happened or more importantly how it was dealt with.

I may sound over cynical but it seems that everybody involved in this case wants something hidden from the public. It’s awfully close to Election Day too. It just smells bad. It’s as if they don’t think the people in the community or state deserve to know what happened or more importantly how it was dealt with.
@worm, I doubt you are over-cynical. Is it shocking the State also wants a gag order? Maybe not...but... Add this to the recent resignation of the two highly vocal FITNews reporters. Makes me wonder how far and how deep corruption extends in S.C.'s world of AM et al.

COLUMBIA — Alex Murdaugh’s defense attorneys have issued subpoenas compelling the State Law Enforcement Division to turn over secret evidence in their client’s double-murder case and demanding that four SLED agents testify in a highly anticipated court hearing next week.

Columbia lawyers Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin issued the subpoenas ahead of an Aug. 29 showdown with state prosecutors at the Colleton County Courthouse. State Judge Clifton Newman will hear accusations the S.C. Attorney General’s Office has illegally withheld evidence in the case from Murdaugh’s legal team while simultaneously leaking damaging material about Murdaugh to news outlets.

<snipped & BBM>

Ummm...
"The State hopes the temporary order will later become a permanent gag order."

Then Ummmm...

"The filing says, “There is no intent to keep litigation of this case secret from the public, but..."

IMO...choose a side, we want to keep everyone under a permanent gag or we have no intent to keep secrets from the public.

There's no but that fits both, in harmony with serving the people, which is what the courts and LE are suppose to do...AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member