SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m guessing that AMs line is going to be that he left before 9 and returned to find them at 10. His car/phone should hold the truth with that. He puts the “Ive been gone” alibi right up front in the call.

So I’m guessing that AMs line is going to be that he left before 9 and returned to find them at 10. His car/phone should hold the truth with that. He puts the “Ive been gone” alibi right up front in the call.
Both of those things are likely somewhat true. He did leave around 9, and return around 10.

The problem is, there's not going to be any proof of life after he left.

If PM's phone was "dead", could it have been in his hand or pocket & been grazed or hit by a bullet when PM was shot?
I don't think so. I take "dead," to mean out of battery. We heard they had a hard time cracking his phone password, so it stands to reason that the phone was in fact operational, just powered down.

The defense attorneys argue that there was unknown DNA found under Murdaugh's wife’s fingernails.
Smith's attorneys say he did not kill Maggie or Paul Murdaugh. They argue Alex Murdaugh's lawyers are looking for anyone else to blame for the killings[. …] Murdaugh's lawyers said Smith knew the area around the dog kennels where the bodies were found because they were a drug drop.

Murdaugh’s lawyers said Smith knew the area around the dog kennels where the bodies were found because they were a drug drop.

BBM Who is "They???"

Or as usual, it is poorly written and should be "it was?" referring to the kennel? I still am convinced this is all drug related, somehow. Between the money laundering and "addiction" issues...money was owed. AM needed money, and the story continues.

Murdaugh’s lawyers said Smith knew the area around the dog kennels where the bodies were found because they were a drug drop.

BBM Who is "They???"

Or as usual, it is poorly written and should be "it was?" referring to the kennel? I still am convinced this is all drug related, somehow. Between the money laundering and "addiction" issues...money was owed. AM needed money, and the story continues.

Yeah, kennels is plural, so I think "they" refers to them, and not a person or people.

So is this what defense is selling?

Mom, Dad, and son are congenial and happy in son’s phone video at 8.45p, June 7, 2021. But within minutes son catches Mom with her “employee-lover“ in an outbuilding. Enraged son chases her with a rifle. Mom falls while running and he shoots her in the bum, the projectile exiting the top of her head. [I guess we are to believe son catches up, then gives Mom a coupe de gras.]

In mean time employee-lover has grabbed a shotgun from his truck so when son turns to the lover, in self defense he shoots son. All this is witnessed by Dad’s cousin-drug dealer, who is conveniently present as a witness because the kennel area is his regular drug drop spot.

When questioned many months after the murders, cousin-drug dealer conveys what he saw June 7 to LE and also “flunks” polygraph around questions of his involvement in murders.

No explanation is offered for Dad’s whereabouts for the 15 minutes between the 8.45p happy video and son’s 9p TOD, and then 9.06p time when Dad’s car begins moving.

No explanation is given for why cousin-drug dealer didn’t call 9-1-1 immediately after shootings.

No explanation for why employee-lover wasn’t arrested after the cousin-drug dealer brought him into the equation.

Lots of loose ends? Did I piece this correctly?

EDIT: another’s thought — defense seems to be using cousin-drug dealer’s “flunked” polygraph as suggestion that he was not the witness but actually the gunman who concocted the Mom/employee-lover story to C-his-A? But was cousin there to assist real triggerman with scene tampering? Cleanup? Or just by coincidence?

Last edited:

‘Murdaugh Murders’ Saga: Witness Saw Alex Murdaugh ‘Hiding Evidence’ In Immediate Aftermath Of Double Homicide​

According to our sources, this witness “saw Alex hide something wrapped in a blue tarp behind (his parents) house” upon arriving from Moselle. Another source referred to the blue tarp as a “rain slicker” – or rain jacket – but confirmed “it was blue.”

“It ended up being a rain jacket the witness thought was a tarp,” the source said.

Whatever the blue water resistant item was, “there was significant GSR (gunshot residue) on it,” one of our sources said.

The jacket has since been recovered by law enforcement, but the items which were transported inside it – presumed to be the two murder weapons and other potentially incriminating evidence – were not retrieved from the scene.

If cousin Smith wasn't at the murder scene but was told about it by AM so he had in depth knowledge, would that be enough to cause him to fail the lie detector test on those related questions?
I dunno, but I've followed cases where multiple people have failed polygraphs, and none of them were involved.

I do wonder if he was there though, as although Alex is prone to staging, two guns typically means two killers.

I dunno, but I've followed cases where multiple people have failed polygraphs, and none of them were involved.

I do wonder if he was there though, as although Alex is prone to staging, two guns typically means two killers.

Particularly 2 long guns. That has always stood out to me with this case. It’s not unheard of for people to stash weapons around a property for access if needed.

2B77B03D-7A29-4C52-8B03-0F4685E11456.jpeg
This man looks so tired — absolutely worn down. He’s been detained for about a year now, been publicly humiliated, more than 90 times indicted, dragged his remaining son through the mud, totally embarrassed his family and former partners, been hauled in and out of court in shackles, lost friends and probably most family, and more. It takes energy to maintain a lie. Poot and Griff must be his only “friends.” You would think he would just give it up — there would be such freedom in truth. MOO.

View attachment 374793
This man looks so tired — absolutely worn down. He’s been detained for about a year now, been publicly humiliated, more than 90 times indicted, dragged his remaining son through the mud, totally embarrassed his family and former partners, been hauled in and out of court in shackles, lost friends and probably most family, and more. It takes energy to maintain a lie. Poot and Griff must be his only “friends.” You would think he would just give it up — there would be such freedom in truth. MOO.

I’ve briefly entertained the notion of him folding to cut a deal but I just don’t feel that it’s likely. At least this little whizzing contest to try and get a narrative out is leading to us learning some things. I don’t imagine this info about AM hiding a rain jacket slipped out by accident but rather a punch back by the state for the defense show last week.

I want to believe this but by the time AM reached his parents’ home, wouldn’t it be dark and difficult to see someone hiding something in the backyard theoretically away from streetlights, especially something blue. \/ \/

Prosecutors and investigators have yet to say, but this week our news outlet confirmed another key piece of the puzzle from multiple independent sources with direct knowledge of the investigation. According to these sources, a witness for the state observed Murdaugh engaging in some suspicious activity during his brief visit to Almeda in the immediate aftermath of the murders.

According to our sources, this witness “saw Alex hide something wrapped in a blue tarp behind (his parents) house” upon arriving from Moselle. Another source referred to the blue tarp as a “rain slicker” – or rain jacket – but confirmed “it was blue.” [BBM]

<snipped>
Whatever the blue water resistant item was, “there was significant GSR (gunshot residue) on it,” one of our sources said.

The jacket has since been recovered by law enforcement, but the items which were transported inside it – presumed to be the two murder weapons and other potentially incriminating evidence – were not retrieved from the scene.

View attachment 374793
Haven't ever replied to my own post before but want to make it clear if I sounded sympathetic, *I am not!* I was just making the point this guy is never going to leave prison, I can’t imagine why he doesn’t come clean, at least on the murders, for the emotional freedom. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl