SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't blame him for hanging up, what's the point of listening to her breathe when he could be calling someone to give him the support he needed. MO that dispatcher was horrible. Long gaps of silence, unless it's all redacted stuff. She didn't say anything to help to keep him calm and focused. That kind of thing wouldn't have needn't to be redacted. She needs retraining asap. Or find a new profession. Or if that's how they treat every call, the whole dept. needs to redo their training and protocol. This is not the experience I have had in dispatching. MO
The dispatcher may have been taken aback that he stayed at the crime scene, given the possible danger. JMO.

The original 911 dispatcher announced he was from Hampton County 911, but Islandton is in Colleton County, so that dispatcher transferred the call to the dispatcher in Colleton county. My guess is that Alex's cellphone used a signal from a cell tower in Hampton County so the 911 call automatically went there.
I noticed on the documents it has AM's address as one in Hampton but it lists MM and PM's address as Islandton.

You say Hampton County 911 picked up his call first and transfered him to Colleton County 911. Is that Mozelle hunting lodge right on a county line?

How do you know he didn't think that ? I believe he was in shock and disbelief and trying to help his family members. If PM was as disfigured from the shotgun blasts as reports have it, I couldn't imagine driving up on that, getting out of the car, and seeing the carnage.
Horrific, just unthinkable.

I agree. I don't blame him for hanging up, what's the point of listening to her breathe when he could be calling someone to give him the support he needed. MO that dispatcher was horrible. Long gaps of silence, unless it's all redacted stuff. She didn't say anything to help to keep him calm and focused. That kind of thing wouldn't have needn't to be redacted. She needs retraining asap. Or find a new profession. Or if that's how they treat every call, the whole dept. needs to redo their training and protocol. This is not the experience I have had in dispatching. MO

She asked him whether anything looked out of place! After a pause, AM replied, no not really. I think he was exasperated by her questions. Out of place? Like a wife and son shot and lying on the ground?

That said, the first dispatcher was excellent, IMO.

About the 911 call....in my opinion...

1) Heart wrenching...I feel so badly for AM and can hear his distress.

2) I suspect the part about him saying he is "going to go back down there" is because either A) he had to go up to the house or car to get his phone or B) the phone reception was better "up" where he called.

3) I heard the "What?" by AM, but it sounded like he was speaking to the dispatcher to me. It seemed like his mind was reeling, and he missed the dispatchers last words and was asking for a repeat.

4) It is difficult to know exactly what someone might do or think when encountering such a horrific scene. I do not know whether I would think of someone possibly still being there or not. I hear fear in AM's pleas for help to "hurry."

5) AM seems sincere to me. He does not seem to be acting. To me, it sounds like he is shocked, sad, and trying to hold it together on the call. He is an attorney who has dealt with people in all sorts of situations including stressful situations. I imagine that such experiences made him try to hold it together on the call. He knows what info. the dispatcher needs and tries to remain polite and as clear as he can given the stressful nature of the moment.

6) Why does it matter that he calls PM his child? He has just seen PM's lifeless body. His first thought my be "my baby, my child." His choice of words does not seem odd to me.

7) Of course he wants to call family....this is completely normal...he has just experienced something unimaginably horrific...he must have felt so incredibly alone in that moment...

The redacted 911 call doesn't seem to shed any new light on possible perpetrators...in my opinion, it is just terribly sad.

She asked him whether anything looked out of place! After a pause, AM replied, no not really. I think he was exasperated by her questions. Out of place? Like a wife and son shot and lying on the ground?

That said, the first dispatcher was excellent, IMO.
I think at that point she was thinking he'd come home into a house and found them. She was probably trying to determine if it was a break-in robbery type incident.

Headlining the DM:

Cops release 911 call by South Carolina legal dynasty heir after finding wife and son shot dead | Daily Mail Online

(Maybe it's the same article MassGuy posted, but I think it was updated again recently).

"More than six weeks on from the slayings, the murders remain a mystery with no arrests, suspects or persons of interest named by authorities - and no one also formally ruled out of the investigation."
I also noticed on that same call log, AM is listed as the “initial reporter” and Paul and MM were named in the victims section. In between the “initial reporter” and “victims” there’s a section for “other names”. The information in that box has been redacted and appears to be several lines long. Is anyone familiar enough w/those reports to know what kind of names are typically put in that section? Subsequent callers to 911, other people on scene, any other names mentioned by the caller, etc.?

I also noticed on that same call log, AM is listed as the “initial reporter” and Paul and MM were named in the victims section. In between the “initial reporter” and “victims” there’s a section for “other names”. The information in that box has been redacted and appears to be several lines long. Is anyone familiar enough w/those reports to know what kind of names are typically put in that section? Subsequent callers to 911, other people on scene, any other names mentioned by the caller, etc.?

I would surmise its the names of AM's family/associates who were present on the scene, not necessarily when police arrived, but at some point that night while the initial crime scene was being processed.

About the 911 call....in my opinion...

1) Heart wrenching...I feel so badly for AM and can hear his distress.

2) I suspect the part about him saying he is "going to go back down there" is because either A) he had to go up to the house or car to get his phone or B) the phone reception was better "up" where he called.

3) I heard the "What?" by AM, but it sounded like he was speaking to the dispatcher to me. It seemed like his mind was reeling, and he missed the dispatchers last words and was asking for a repeat.

4) It is difficult to know exactly what someone might do or think when encountering such a horrific scene. I do not know whether I would think of someone possibly still being there or not. I hear fear in AM's pleas for help to "hurry."

5) AM seems sincere to me. He does not seem to be acting. To me, it sounds like he is shocked, sad, and trying to hold it together on the call. He is an attorney who has dealt with people in all sorts of situations including stressful situations. I imagine that such experiences made him try to hold it together on the call. He knows what info. the dispatcher needs and tries to remain polite and as clear as he can given the stressful nature of the moment.

6) Why does it matter that he calls PM his child? He has just seen PM's lifeless body. His first thought my be "my baby, my child." His choice of words does not seem odd to me.

7) Of course he wants to call family....this is completely normal...he has just experienced something unimaginably horrific...he must have felt so incredibly alone in that moment...

The redacted 911 call doesn't seem to shed any new light on possible perpetrators...in my opinion, it is just terribly sad.

Great post thanks

I noticed on the documents it has AM's address as one in Hampton but it lists MM and PM's address as Islandton.

You say Hampton County 911 picked up his call first and transfered him to Colleton County 911. Is that Mozelle hunting lodge right on a county line?

AM's address on his driver's license may be in Hampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow