SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice at 10:45 pm, the CAD transcript says Hampton County was contacted concerning the 515 Holly Street East address, saying its for the victim (son) and they advise no reports made, "UNK WHERE LOCN." Unknown where location?

Why did they contact Hampton County about the Holly Street address? Didn't someone here say that home was recently sold?

The release of the 911 call has seemingly produced an outpouring of sympathy for AM which is understandable. It’s also very useful as an immediate antidote to the recent reporting about the night of MB’s death and the AM and PM described in that situation.

We know so little about the facts of this case and the dynamics of this family that it is probably prudent to not draw any conclusions from either reporting. In addition to wondering why LE wanted this 911 call withheld.. . I wonder about the timing and decision to release it right now. Right after the boating depositions.

There’s a rumor that the M family has a PR firm assisting them? That could be a bold face lie. But it could be true…I certainly don’t know and if so, it’s indicative of NOTHING nefarious. But if true…was the 911 release negotiated because of the avalanche of reporting on the released Boating Depositions?

Just my opinions and meandering mind this morning…

The release of the 911 call has seemingly produced an outpouring of sympathy for AM which is understandable. It’s also very useful as an immediate antidote to the recent reporting about the night of MB’s death and the AM and PM described in that situation.

We know so little about the facts of this case and the dynamics of this family that it is probably prudent to not draw any conclusions from either reporting. In addition to wondering why LE wanted this 911 call withheld.. . I wonder about the timing and decision to release it right now. Right after the boating depositions.

There’s a rumor that the M family has a PR firm assisting them? That could be a bold face lie. But it could be true…I certainly don’t know and if so, it’s indicative of NOTHING nefarious. But if true…was the 911 release negotiated because of the avalanche of reporting on the released Boating Depositions?

Just my opinions and meandering mind this morning…

Maybe so - the release could also mean an arrest or arrests are imminent and there is no more reason to hold the call. More information today hopefully.

I notice at 10:45 pm, the CAD transcript says Hampton County was contacted concerning the 515 Holly Street East address, saying its for the victim (son) and they advise no reports made, "UNK WHERE LOCN." Unknown where location?

Why did they contact Hampton County about the Holly Street address? Didn't someone here say that home was recently sold?
That's the address listed on the documents for the reporter of the crime AM.

Wonder if release of 911 call was to please the judge and not release the redated info.

Jmo

At the July 14 hearing, Price said he would review the redactions and order the agencies to release more information if he concluded they had overstepped.

SLED says it's still too early to release details on Murdaugh case, weeks after killings
I think that's exactly why it was released. The judge saw that somethings by SC law had to be released to the public and it was done.

When I look up that address it comes up as a LLC business. Most google hits say a lawyer some say its Tours-Operators & Promoters. I get the first, the second (from Yellow Pages) is confusing.

We know so little about the facts of this case and the dynamics of this family that it is probably prudent to not draw any conclusions from either reporting.

Snipped for focus

Well, you're going to need a time machine. I've only been on the forum a couple years but I've never seen a thread as bad as this one. It's one thing to speculate or theorize but several have gone much further than that while having about as much intimate knowledge of each of the family members as I do. (Which is zero). I'm embarrassed by the way all of the victims in this tragic case have been treated. Little sympathy. Little empathy

Well, you're going to need a time machine. I've only been on the forum a couple years but I've never seen a thread as bad as this one. It's one thing to speculate or theorize but several have gone much further than that while having about as much intimate knowledge of each of the family members as I do. (Which is zero). I'm embarrassed by the way all of the victims in this tragic case have been treated. Little sympathy. Little empathy

Thank you for this. Lots of people should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

Thank you for this. Lots of people should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

Unfortunately, some seem to get heavily invested in administering guilt to those not even charged with anything.

Remember when Making a Murderer came out ? Everyone wanted all local LE/coroners/DAs/crime scene and lab techs tarred and feathered.

Regarding anything AM said during the frantic 911 call, my opinion is that it should be taken as someone who was in shock at the time. I base this on tragic events that I personally participated in. A few years back my son was serving in the Middle East with the US military, one evening there was a knock on the door (just like the movies).
It was a chaplain and an officer who proceeded to tell us that our son lost his life do to an enemy road side bomb.
The shock was surreal, They wanted us to sit and listen....I couldn’t and immediately started calling friends and family wanting to come immediately. The two military men were frustrated because they needed info from us...unbelievably, at one point I had a crazy notion that these two guys were imposters and something told me in my head wanted me to ask to see their ID ! Thankfully I suppressed that notion (I am normally a calm, unemotional person.
My point is, when people are in shock they say and do things that are off kilter.
My opinion is to not put much logic into AM’s statements or words in the 911 call.

Regarding anything AM said during the frantic 911 call, my opinion is that it should be taken as someone who was in shock at the time. I base this on tragic events that I personally participated in. A few years back my son was serving in the Middle East with the US military, one evening there was a knock on the door (just like the movies).
It was a chaplain and an officer who proceeded to tell us that our son lost his life do to an enemy road side bomb.
The shock was surreal, They wanted us to sit and listen....I couldn’t and immediately started calling friends and family wanting to come immediately. The two military men were frustrated because they needed info from us...unbelievably, at one point I had a crazy notion that these two guys were imposters and something told me in my head wanted me to ask to see their ID ! Thankfully I suppressed that notion (I am normally a calm, unemotional person.
My point is, when people are in shock they say and do things that are off kilter.
My opinion is to not put much logic into AM’s statements or words in the 911 call.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know those words sound inadequate for what you've been through. You're in my prayers, God Bless

I disagree that there should be any embarrassment for any ‘sleuthing.” First of all, that’s what this Board is about and it’s very well moderated to keep us in bounds. Secondly, we all have had times when there has been a bitter surprise at the end of these cases. We need to keep an open mind in all directions IMO. Sobbing parents, pleading husbands…I’ve learned that sometimes my empathy has been abused.

The professionals look at everyone. So should we.

Furthermore, we all bring a piece of our personal history to this Board as we look at these cases. That history can certainly lead us to be unfair, because we can’t presume what we don’t know about strangers. I know nothing at all about the AM family…except some recent very negative reporting, which could be an aberration. So I offer the following, not as fact, but just as a caution.

I had an Uncle…a wonderful man we loved dearly…but he too turned into “Timmy” when he drank. Within the family, but not outside, it was known that Timmy took his frustration out on his wife…mostly verbally, but sometimes physically. Never the kids. Around town, he was highly thought of and the family was too.

I witnessed some of the times Uncle Timmy slapped my Aunt around. As he sobered up, the anger was replaced with a childlike remorse, crying, etc….like an awful awareness would come over him…that was missing before. I still think it was sincere.

But that remorse, and those tears, though sincere, gave us no information as to what had gone before. So I remember that…and, I’m cautious in assuming that the 911 call tells me anything more…than what existed in that moment.

‘I’m surprised that anyone feels that there is enough information to rule anyone out, much less be ashamed.

I repeat…I am truly ignorant of any knowledge about the M family. And, I repeat, it’s unfair to presume we know anything much about them with the limited facts we have. Or to impose our past on interpretations of what we do learn.

But I don’t think we can interpret what we hear in that 911 call…one way or the other either. Not plus…certainly not minus.

In my opinion, that 911 call gives me no critical information except that AM found his deceased wife and child.

I disagree that there should be any embarrassment for any ‘sleuthing.” First of all, that’s what this Board is about and it’s very well moderated to keep us in bounds. Secondly, we all have had times when there has been a bitter surprise at the end of these cases. We need to keep an open mind in all directions IMO. Sobbing parents, pleading husbands…I’ve learned that sometimes my empathy has been abused.

The professionals look at everyone. So should we.

Furthermore, we all bring a piece of our personal history to this Board as we look at these cases. That history can certainly lead us to be unfair, because we can’t presume what we don’t know about strangers. I know nothing at all about the AM family…except some recent very negative reporting, which could be an aberration. So I offer the following, not as fact, but just as a caution.

I had an Uncle…a wonderful man we loved dearly…but he too turned into “Timmy” when he drank. Within the family, but not outside, it was known that Timmy took his frustration out on his wife…mostly verbally, but sometimes physically. Never the kids. Around town, he was highly thought of and the family was too.

I witnessed some of the times Uncle Timmy slapped my Aunt around. As he sobered up, the anger was replaced with a childlike remorse, crying, etc….like an awful awareness would come over him…that was missing before. I still think it was sincere.

But that remorse, and those tears, though sincere, gave us no information as to what had gone before. So I remember that…and, I’m cautious in assuming that the 911 call tells me anything more…than what existed in that moment.

‘I’m surprised that anyone feels that there is enough information to rule anyone out, much less be ashamed.

I repeat…I am truly ignorant of any knowledge about the M family. And, I repeat, it’s unfair to presume we know anything much about them with the limited facts we have. Or to impose our past on interpretations of what we do learn.

But I don’t think we can interpret what we hear in that 911 call…one way or the other either. Not plus…certainly not minus.

In my opinion, that 911 call gives me no critical information except that AM found his deceased wife and child.

I feel you've misunderstood my post. I don't want to derail the thread so if you'd like to connect, please feel free to drop me a line.

That’s my understanding, also. Which leads me to wonder about the family’s living situation. Was AM staying elsewhere, perhaps temporarily and/or recently?
That thought crossed my mind. I'm wondering if he drove to Moselle not expecting anyone there, and saw 2 figures (probably in rain jackets and hats) and with the darkness and rain, he mistook them for trespassers and maybe he shot at them? That's a far out theory and there are many arguements against it but it has crossed my mind several times.

That thought crossed my mind. I'm wondering if he drove to Moselle not expecting anyone there, and saw 2 figures (probably in rain jackets and hats) and with the darkness and rain, he mistook them for trespassers and maybe he shot at them? That's a far out theory and there are many arguements against it but it has crossed my mind several times.

interesting theory, however not certain that a lawyer would be trigger happy, considering the consequences .
The theory that Paul had evidence of shotgun wounds, would means that it was up close and personal , given the range and accuracy of a shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow