SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you try searching this site for Murdaugh property you will find it. Best to use the search function so that you can access what folks already researched.

I think this is an Msm link to it from thread 3 but my ad B loc ker is blocking the article. Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

undoubtedly there are other records searches too. As I recall the buyers were last name Brown.

The article is locked for me too, which explains the struggle. Also, Hampton County does not have a typical GIS search function making it more difficult to ascertain properties and their owners.

If the property sold, its even more odd that its mentioned in the 911 transcript, saying it was checked by Hampton County for reports relative to the, "victim (son)"....

If you try searching this site for Murdaugh property you will find it. Best to use the search function so that you can access what folks already researched.

I think this is an Msm link to it from thread 3 but my ad B loc ker is blocking the article. Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

undoubtedly there are other records searches too. As I recall the buyers were last name Brown.

The article you link says this, but does not mention anyone named "Brown":

"Mike Moseley, the owner of Hot Shots Billiards Club, said he had gone to school with Randy and Alex Murdaugh. Moseley had helped construct Alex Murdaugh’s house on Holly Street in Hampton, which was sold last April.

“I have known the Murdaughs a long time,” Moseley said. “They have always been good to me. It’s a bad thing to happen to them."

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252954053.html

"With the agency’s silence, the Murdaugh double homicide still leaves more questions than answers. Among them:

▪ Why did SLED and the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office immediately say there was no danger to the public after the killings?

▪ Why did police have one vehicle towed from the property but not both?

▪ Were the guns found at the scene used in the murders?

▪ Do police have suspects or people of interest?"

Could the Holly house have been “sold”…but still be part of Murdaugh “holdings”.. sort of like the cars belonging to the law firm.

If so, it may have been a rental. It’s then possible one of the AM family was living there.

Wonder if the M’s relocating to Moselle gave the impression holly st was sold. I have a feeling they were laying low after their name being dropped over 40 times in hit and run? accident an accidental death at holly street and boating tragedy kept them away from the island, not sure about Ediston home, it’s not on water so I don’t see that one as inviting as the island property.

Jmo

The article is locked for me too, which explains the struggle. Also, Hampton County does not have a typical GIS search function making it more difficult to ascertain properties and their owners.

If the property sold, its even more odd that its mentioned in the 911 transcript, saying it was checked by Hampton County for reports relative to the, "victim (son)"....

BBM

Hampton County does has a property search website but you need a subscription account.

qPublic.net - Hampton County, SC - Search

"Mike Moseley, the owner of Hot Shots Billiards Club, said he had gone to school with Randy and Alex Murdaugh. Moseley had helped construct Alex Murdaugh’s house on Holly Street in Hampton, which was sold last April.

“I have known the Murdaughs a long time,” Moseley said. “They have always been good to me. It’s a bad thing to happen to them."

Do a reverse address search on Holly Street and you will see a Brown listed as a resident.

You can also go here and look up the transfers :

https://www.sclandrecords.com/sclr/controller

Last edited:

This point about checking the house on Holly is curious. Wonder if it was motivated by something said to 911 that was redacted or something AM (or brothers) said to LE once they arrived?

Just wondering. MOO.

I noticed on the documents it has AM's address as one in Hampton but it lists MM and PM's address as Islandton.

You say Hampton County 911 picked up his call first and transfered him to Colleton County 911. Is that Mozelle hunting lodge right on a county line?

More than 1,770 acres of property are under Maggie Murdaugh’s name, according to Colleton County property records. The land spans both Colleton and Hampton counties, with about 870 acres in Hampton and just less than 900 acres in Colleton.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252178188.html

Do a reverse address search on Holly Street and you will see a Brown listed as a resident.

You can also go here and look up the transfers :

https://www.sclandrecords.com/sclr/controller
Isn't that odd then that AM's address listed on official LE documents is a property he no longer owned. Why would that be? He just never updated his records with the DMV? Wouldn't he legally of had to do that, if for nothing else than for insurance (all kinds) purposes?

Could the Holly house have been “sold”…but still be part of Murdaugh “holdings”.. sort of like the cars belonging to the law firm.

If so, it may have been a rental. It’s then possible one of the AM family was living there.

Okay, to summarize what we know about the Holly St home in Hampton (please correct me if wrong):
  • It was “sold” and is now titled to "Murdaugh Charters LLC” — categorized as legal services
  • Someone named “Brown” is residing there? Possibly a tenant?
  • Seems that AM might still have the Holly St address on his DL since that is address used for him on CAD Report.
  • In CAD Report for June 7, at 22:45:00 LE dispatcher records that Hampton police checked 515 Holly St East for VCTM (son) and non located.
Questions /inferences:

We are wondering if PM might have been living at Holly St at time of murder?

The condition of his body might have made him so unrecognizable they went to check Holly St to confirm he wasnt there and that the male body at Moselle was indeed him? His cell was with his body.

Isn't that odd then that AM's address listed on official LE documents is a property he no longer owned. Why would that be? He just never updated his records with the DMV? Wouldn't he legally of had to do that, if for nothing else than for insurance (all kinds) purposes?

If going by what Mr Moseley stated about house being sold “last” april. I have debated what year he meant by using last, if by chance he meant april 2021 it may not be changed in co. records. With covid 2020 property records may not be updated.

Jmo

The way I read the LE report, my first thought was that they were checking Holly St home for BM. Did BM live there? AM maybe didn’t know BM was out of town? They wanted to be sure victim’s (MM) other son was safe. With the redactions it’s hard to tell.

I believe you have to notify the DMV, not actually update your driver's license with a new copy.

The way I read the LE report, my first thought was that they were checking Holly St home for BM. Did BM live there? AM maybe didn’t know BM was out of town? They wanted to be sure victim’s (MM) other son was safe. With the redactions it’s hard to tell.

BM most likely had the Holly Street address on his DL but reportedly now lives in Rock Hill SC.

Okay, to summarize what we know about the Holly St home in Hampton (please correct me if wrong):
  • It was “sold” and is now titled to "Murdaugh Charters LLC” — categorized as legal services
  • Someone named “Brown” is residing there? Possibly a tenant?
  • Seems that AM might still have the Holly St address on his DL since that is address used for him on CAD Report.
  • In CAD Report for June 7, at 22:45:00 LE dispatcher records that Hampton police checked 515 Holly St East for VCTM (son) and non located.
Questions /inferences:

We are wondering if PM might have been living at Holly St at time of murder?

The condition of his body might have made him so unrecognizable they went to check Holly St to confirm he wasnt there and that the male body at Moselle was indeed him? His cell was with his body.

The Browns have a mortgage on the Holly Street property so they are not tenants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow