SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would assume the hunting dogs were in the kennel. Cant imagine anyone letting them out after crime. I don't think they would ignore blood and dead bodies.

JMO.

I can only think that it’s possible that one of the victims had opened a gate just before being shot. If the dogs were even out, I haven’t seen if they were or not. It seems meaningless in relation to who killed them.

Housekeeper might also have been seen as weak or below him.

PM’s attitude and behavior in this area is alarming but I might also ask what was going on with the girlfriend that she put up with it? In my opinion she needs to look at that. (I am not saying it was her fault, but she hung around.) And his friends went along with it, too.

No doubt some “friends” wanted to enjoy PM’s toys and the life style his money would buy, but look at the cost.

MOO.
She very well could have "stayed" because it was safer than leaving. mo

Also from this article: The files also show that one Murdaugh family lawyer called the Smith family on the day Stephen Smith was found dead, offering to represent the family for free. The family thought the offer was “weird.”

Yes, that was definitely weird. Was this a way for the M family to control this investigation as well?
That exactly what it was. Come off looking like they are fighting for the underdog, even for free. Yet they are really there to dominate and sway the investigation to their benefit.

Also from this article: The files also show that one Murdaugh family lawyer called the Smith family on the day Stephen Smith was found dead, offering to represent the family for free. The family thought the offer was “weird.”

Yes, that was definitely weird. Was this a way for the M family to control this investigation as well?
That exactly what it was. Come off looking like they are fighting for the underdog, even for free. Yet they are really there to dominate and sway the investigation to their benefit.

With their influence, the Murdaughs did not need to call the Smith family to sway the investigation.

And how would that have worked out if Buster was found to be involved ?

Housekeeper might also have been seen as weak or below him.

PM’s attitude and behavior in this area is alarming but I might also ask what was going on with the girlfriend that she put up with it? In my opinion she needs to look at that. (I am not saying it was her fault, but she hung around.) And his friends went along with it, too.

No doubt some “friends” wanted to enjoy PM’s toys and the life style his money would buy, but look at the cost.

MOO.

BBM

And guaranteed they would still be going along with it had the boat accident never happened.

JMO

In my opinion, there’s too much M family “volunteer” legal advice in cases where it seems inappropriate. But what do I know?

They are personal injury attorneys. My wife was t-boned in a bad car crash about 20 years ago. Before she left the hospital 24 hours later, she and I had received calls from 4 different law firms offering representation.

With their influence, the Murdaughs did not need to call the Smith family to sway the investigation.

And how would that have worked out if Buster was found to be involved ?

But then, if I use the same logic, they didn’t need to show up at the hospital either…trying to “speak” to other people’s injured kids. As described in numerous depositions.

They are personal injury attorneys. My wife was t-boned in a bad car crash about 20 years ago. Before she left the hospital 24 hours later, she and I had received calls from 4 different law firms offering representation.

IMO, a call is a far cry from the aging former Solictor and his son making rounds of injured kids at the hospital. I guess we all have a different idea of what is appropriate or the norm.

But then, if I use the same logic, they didn’t need to show up at the hospital either…trying to “speak” to other people’s injured kids. As described in numerous depositions.

Paul was involved in the boat accident - there is zero proof any Murdaugh was involved in the Smith murder. IMO, the only way the Smith's would have needed legal representation would be if they caught a hit-and-run suspect or Stephen was involved in something illegal. I see Randy's offer as a nice gesture and probably by pro bono, he meant the firm would not take their customary 33% cut.

Around here those lawyers are called ambulance chasers. This is a hit&run/homicide possible. Little different.

Jmo

Paul was involved in the boat accident - there is zero proof any Murdaugh was involved in the Smith murder. IMO, the only way the Smith's would have needed legal representation would be if they caught a hit-and-run suspect or Stephen was involved in something illegal. I see Randy's offer as a nice gesture and probably by pro bono, he meant the firm would not take their customary 33% cut.

Maybe, but there is no evidence that Buster or any Murdaugh was involved - just names mentioned in police reports like many other folks, media rumors, and local gossip.

We cannot say for certain that there is ‘zero proof’ because…some ‘evidence’ found at the M murder scene…on the M hunting lodge..caused the case to be reopened.

We cannot say for certain that there is ‘zero proof’ because…some ‘evidence’ found at the M murder scene…on the M hunting lodge..caused the case to be reopened.

Sure we can - no Murdaugh has been charged with any crime in the Smith death. And it was information found at the M's murder scene - not evidence.

Interesting that other names that came up in the investigation…resulted in interviews for those persons. Yet the M name came up numerous times and no interviews. If the M’s wanted to make a nice gesture maybe they could have allowed their boys to be interviewed…you know, like everyone else. Assuming no involvement and their stature in the community, IMO, that would have been a nice gesture.

Interesting that other names that came up in the investigation…resulted in interviews for those persons. Yet the M name came up numerous times and no interviews. If the M’s wanted to make a nice gesture maybe they could have allowed their boys to be interviewed…you know, like everyone else. Assuming no involvement and their stature in the community, IMO, that would have been a nice gesture.

Maybe, but also maybe they didn't need to be interviewed as they had concrete alibis for the night in question. We just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member