SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any discussion of divorce is purely speculative at this point, as there has been nothing released by law enforcement or the MSM.

MM, however, did hire a forensic accountant according to Reporter Matt Harris, morning show host on WLNK and host of the podcast “The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence,” on “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace,” which I don’t know how to link to, but it is available on all podcasting apps, and has aired on both Fox Nation and Sirius XM Triumph.
The only official inkling for a divorce would have to be MM hiring a forensic accountant. I would think a lawyer of a well to do woman who's husband was a well known successful lawyer would say to her we've got to hire one of those, We have to find out what this marriage has in terms of finances and where the money is.

Last edited:
Speculation: Either option would involve luring her to a place where could have a straight long distance shot with assault rifle and be quite a distance from home where Paul would be (assuming knowledge that Paul was home). Perhaps goal was to have it occur hundreds of yards from where Paul was. JMO.
I wonder, since I've read MM was living at the beach house in Edisto, if she wasn't called and asked to go to Moselle for some reason? Maybe PM came with her or maybe she was picking him up there?

Still think it's odd that her phone left the scene but not PM's.

Does anyone wonder why no arrest has been made in the murders yet? Since Labor Day weekend AM has come front and center as a speculative suspect, but that doesn't change anything about the murders themselves.

SLED has had more than 3 months to investigate the murders, and a month since the solicitor recused himself - do they truly not have enough evidence of who killed PM/MM to arrest anyone?

I comprehend getting ducks in a row with a powerful family and all that, but it's been more than 3 months. Has a grand jury been impaneled to hear the evidence?
Investigating murders of people in a dynasty of high-powered lawyers, movers and shakers must be especially challenging. I don't think 3-4 months is long at all. IMO

Last edited:
I actually think it’s for a different reason. Every lie has a kernel of truth, so I believe him when he said that the embezzlement began recently, after the double homicide of his family members. In my opinion, he was responsible for those deaths. And he knew he was the main suspect. So I believe he took as much money as he possibly could from the firm, and didn’t even care if he got caught. He just needed enough to flee the country and start a new life somewhere else.

i’m not even believing that he’s in rehab. My guess is that he’s sitting on a beach in Panama somewhere, with $10 million to live off of.

I think this is one of the possible scenarios.

That still leaves his son Buster, to shoulder the lawsuit by the parents of Mallory Beach. Paul Murdaugh had used his brother Buster's ID to illegally purchase alcohol as a minor. Buster is named in the lawsuit because of this.

That's a heavy burden for a 25 year old to shoulder without the support of his parents, especially when one is murdered and the other is MIA ( as in your beach in Panama scenario).

That still leaves his son Buster, to shoulder the lawsuit by the parents of Mallory Beach. Paul Murdaugh had used his brother Buster's ID to illegally purchase alcohol as a minor. Buster is named in the lawsuit because of this.

That's a heavy burden for a 25 year old to shoulder without the support of his parents, especially when one is murdered and the other is MIA ( as in your beach in Panama scenario).

There's no information to support a claim that the embezzlement began after the murders of Paul and Margaret Murdaugh, therefore there's nothing to support a theory that Alex embezzled money so he could flee prosecution for the murders.

As for Buster's role in the boat accident, we know that Paul used Buster's ID to purchase alcohol on the night of the accident. We know that Paul attended a party where alcohol was served/shared by several adults. We also know that many adults were aware of the fact that Paul was drunk and that he intended to drive a boat, yet no one did anything to prevent him from driving the boat. I think it's arguable that, although Paul bought alcohol using his brother's ID, he also consumed alcohol purchased by others that evening. That is, it cannot be said that Buster alone is responsible for Paul's alcohol level that night.

I wonder, since I've read MM was living at the beach house in Edisto, if she wasn't called and asked to go to Moselle for some reason? Maybe PM came with her or maybe she was picking him up there?

Still think it's odd that her phone left the scene but not PM's.
She may have been asked to go check on the dogs since AM was busy with his father and mother.

I'm very curious why Alex's wife and son were at the dog kennel at 9 PM. Something must have happened to draw them from the house to the kennel.

View attachment 312261
I was thinking if MM was there because she was asked to be there somehow, maybe she loves dogs and just wanted some happy canine greetings. If AM was living at Moselle and they were having problems maybe MM didn't want to go up to the house so she just stopped at kennel area knowing thats the entrance used for family coming and goings? PM if he was staying with her would have also been right there or like I said before, maybe he was being picked up or possibly wanted to stay there that night?

All sorts of senarios are possible.

There's no information to support a claim that the embezzlement began after the murders of Paul and Margaret Murdaugh, therefore there's nothing to support a theory that Alex embezzled money so he could flee prosecution for the murders.

As for Buster's role in the boat accident, we know that Paul used Buster's ID to purchase alcohol on the night of the accident. We know that Paul attended a party where alcohol was served/shared by several adults. We also know that many adults were aware of the fact that Paul was drunk and that he intended to drive a boat, yet no one did anything to prevent him from driving the boat. I think it's arguable that, although Paul bought alcohol using his brother's ID, he also consumed alcohol purchased by others that evening. That is, it cannot be said that Buster alone is responsible for Paul's alcohol level that night.

Murdaugh Slapped And Spit On Girlfriend Before Fatal SC Boat Crash, Court Records Say

Paul Murdaugh was very aggressive when he was drunk. He was aggressive the night Mallory Beach died. He often got intoxicated and developed a reputation for it and gave him a nickname of "Timmy". From the link, people tried to prevent him from driving the boat.

I wonder if PM snitched his brother's ID. It's possible BM didn't know until after the fact that PM had his ID?

If someone was hired to murder either MM, PM, or both and the person who hired this hitman suddenly could not pay him, that would certainly make the unpaid hitman angry enough to shoot the one who hired him in the head. Maybe AM was counting on a life insurance payout from MM's policy and the insurance company refused to pay?
Just a thought.

I was thinking if MM was there because she was asked to be there somehow, maybe she loves dogs and just wanted some happy canine greetings. If AM was living at Moselle and they were having problems maybe MM didn't want to go up to the house so she just stopped at kennel area knowing thats the entrance used for family coming and goings? PM if he was staying with her would have also been right there or like I said before, maybe he was being picked up or possibly wanted to stay there that night?

All sorts of senarios are possible.

I'm assuming that Margaret, Paul and Alex were at Moselle on the day of the murders. We haven't heard anything about what time they arrived. We know from the 911 call that no one "else" was supposed to be at the property that evening. Alex does not say that Margaret and Paul were not supposed to be at the property. He does not seem surprised that they are there, but he is shocked that they are deceased near the kennel.

On the evening of the shooting, we have heard that Alex went to the hospital to visit his father. Presumably that was after supper, as he was visiting around 9-9:30 PM.

For some reason, Margaret and Paul drove, or walked, the 350 yards to the kennel at 9-9:30 PM. Was it to put the dog(s) in the kennel for the night? That wouldn't require both of them to be at the kennel. I can't think of any reason that they would both be at the kennel at that time of night, yet there must be a reason that both were at that location in the dark.

If AM was staying with his brother RM and RM lived only a few minutes away, it would make sense that AM call him first.

IMO, maybe the good Samaritan was actually his brother. The gun could be missing as someone told AM to pick it up and bring it with him in the car.

A 911 call was made and then the life flight was arranged from the car. Maybe not so much that he was in a bad way but he was in a bad way in how to explain this major whatever and this "Samaritan" aka possibly RM knew he needed to get Alex out of town asap and away from prying eyes.

A big black Suburban was photographed at the life flight scene. Now who would be driving a black Suburban?

Stories on what happened were fed to the attorney G. over a phone, and then he was obligated to regurgitate everything he was told. Of course the story changed as the story was made in haste.

IMO, everyone is going to lay low right now and let this die down. Even if they have to chain a certain patient down.

All just speculation.

If someone was hired to murder either MM, PM, or both and the person who hired this hitman suddenly could not pay him, that would certainly make the unpaid hitman angry enough to shoot the one who hired him in the head. Maybe AM was counting on a life insurance payout from MM's policy and the insurance company refused to pay?
Just a thought.

That sounds plausible. I am inclined to think that Margaret and Paul Murdaugh were killed by a hitman.

Murdaugh Slapped And Spit On Girlfriend Before Fatal SC Boat Crash, Court Records Say

Paul Murdaugh was very aggressive when he was drunk. He was aggressive the night Mallory Beach died. He often got intoxicated and developed a reputation for it and gave him a nickname of "Timmy". From the link, people tried to prevent him from driving the boat.

Exactly. Paul was drunk before he drove the boat from the party. His friends wondered whether he could drive the boat. Adults who were at the party apparently did nothing to prevent Paul from consuming alcohol or from driving the boat. Therefore, I think it is arguable that Buster is not 100% liable for the fact that Paul was drunk. Even without Buster's ID, Paul could have been equally drunk from consuming alcohol provided by other adults at the party.

Any one of the adults at the party could have stepped up and done the right thing by ensuring that Paul did not have access to alcohol, or they could have prevented him from driving the boat because he was drunk. No one at the party did anything to intervene.

He used the word "exacerbated," in relating the death of his family members to his behavior. And he never specifically mentioned embezzlement, only that he had somehow wronged family, friends, and associates. So, I don't think he was implying the addiction began with the death of his family members and I don't think he publicly admitted to criminal wrongdoing, such as embezzlement. It was a very weasel-like statement. He attempted to sound like he was sorry, was taking responsibility, and was beginning efforts to repair the damage to relationships, but he never specified what in particular he was taking responsibility for.

Just my opine but even if under the influence of an addiction and going thru a really bad time, he’s still an attorney who is being advised by attorneys so I’d bet that every word of the statement was crafted with care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow