SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute:

So did GS's family sue the Murdaugh's for her accidental death from tripping?

Or did Fleming just sue the Murdaugh's insurance company, in order to cover the funds that Murdaugh might have been sued for?

Did they steer the Satterwhite children away from suing the Murdaughs directly?

My apologies as I may have misinterpreted them. I thought they were talking about their own experience and not on the run flat tires. I have a similar model and they're actually good up to 50 mph. Regardless, my apologies as I maybe read that wrong.

I just meant on normal wheels/tires (not his Mercedes)
Hey no need to apologise. We are all here to collectively help sleuth and you made a valid point and anyway I learn new things everyday ( mostly that I’m wrong again lol ), no seriously, everyday is a school day and especially on here which is what I love about it , we all have something valid and pertinent to bring to the table and personally I learn heaps from you guys daily when I am online here so thank you

Wait a minute:

Or did Fleming just sue the Murdaugh's insurance company, in order to cover the funds that Murdaugh might have been sued for?

To my knowledge she didn’t sue AM personally. If you can get your hands on the document there are zero details about the accident.

Holy cats, what next?

Shameful, her family apparently got Murdgaughed out of a rightful settlement. And the M's didn't even pay for her funeral? She died AT THEIR HOME. She worked for them for 25+ years!

That's just some disgusting, awful behavior right there.

MOO

@RealRileyBenson

Eric Bland, attorney representing the Estate of Gloria Satterfield (Murdaugh family housekeeper) confirms to me Satterfield died in a trip and fall at the Murdaugh house. Says the family has yet to receive “a penny” from wrongful death settlement.
@WCBD
https://twitter.com/RealRileyBenson/status/1437885341059493893
Bland says Satterfield worked for the Murdaughs for 25 years. A wrongful death lawsuit was brought against the family for $500,000. Bland says Alex Murdaugh recommended a best friend and college roommate to represent Satterfield at the time.

AM recommended a best friend to represent the S family at the time..in a suit against him..
Translate ...AM recommended a best friend to look out for HIS interests in a suit AGAINST him.

If that little tidbit isn't the perfect example for what seems to be the much grander problem, I don't know what is... It's as if everything is always kept 'in the family' (Gloria has accident ---> death in M's house but she's family so when her actual family brings a suit, AM will just get ANOTHER 'family' member to handle it.. and then not really handle it)...

AM recommended a best friend to represent the S family at the time..in a suit against him..
Translate ...AM recommended a best friend to look out for HIS interests in a suit AGAINST him.

If that little tidbit isn't the perfect example for what seems to be the much grander problem, I don't know what is... It's as if everything is always kept 'in the family' (Gloria has accident ---> death in M's house but she's family so when her actual family brings a suit, AM will just get ANOTHER 'family' member to handle it.. and then not really handle it)...

Exactly, your translation is spot on! It was a back door deal.

Holy cats, what next?

Shameful, her family apparently got Murdgaughed out of a rightful settlement. And the M's didn't even pay for her funeral? She died AT THEIR HOME. She worked for them for 25+ years!

That's just some disgusting, awful behavior right there.

MOO
She reportedly tripped and fell at their home, but there was no record of a 911 call, so it's unclear how she was transported to the hospital.

She died in the hospital some time later.

Wonder if she was cremated, too.

She reportedly tripped and fell at their home, but there was no record of a 911 call, so it's unclear how she was transported to the hospital.

BBM

Did they call an air ambulance for her?

And she "tripped on their dogs" and I'm giving that a big ole stink eye, too.

I'm not even sure the family of GS was entitled to the insurance payout.

GS was never insured by the Murdaugh's insurance. The payout was as if a stranger had fallen on their stairs and sued the Murdaughs.

But now I'm thinking that Cory Fleming didn't make it clear that he was suing AM 's Insurance for the benefit of AM.

The Murdaugh clan made a huge business out of suing for stuff and accepting insurance payouts. Someone needs to look at the insurance rackets paying all these claims, too. That's all they did.
Mebbe someone can explain me how this works.

Not sure about cremation but there are no details on the type of injury. Just Trip and Fall.

Wait a minute:

BBM.

"On Dec. 19, 2018, a representative of Satterfield’s estate filed a wrongful death claim against Alex Murdaugh. The suit says Satterfield died from injuries she sustained in a trip-and-fall accident in Hampton County. The initial court filing said Murdaugh’s insurance provider would pay $500,000 plus an additional $5,000 for medical payments.

Of that money, $177,500 was to be paid to the law firm Moss, Kuhn & Fleming.

The claim was settled on Oct. 5, 2020, according to court filings. The documents do not indicate whether anything else was included in the settlement."
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article253592859.html

Bingo!

I think the collusion and corruption span multiple people, multiple offices, multiple levels, multiple professions, multiple jurisdictions, ....

Last edited:
Murdaugh family killings: A timeline of murder and mystery in South Carolina - CNN
This is a good timeline. The only information I haven't read before is the comment by a family member that the head wound AM suffered had an entrance and exit and was not just a graze. This family member said that his skull was fractured.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me that he would have then been discharged the next day. That relating of facts may have been embellished to gain sympathy. MOO MOO MOO MOO
Key phrase to be wary of here: “comment by a FAMILY MEMBER”. To be taken with a grain of salt. JMO. YMMV

Wow. The police-cam video embedded in the article is worth a listen. It doesn’t contain much new information and visually it might as well be a still shot but what’s said and how it’s said provides a lot of insight into personal dynamics.

What struck me first was the portion where you hear Paul talking to the police, giving his name snd saying “I’m fine”. He sounded like someone asked “are you OK” after accidentally bumping into him in a hallway. Not rattled. No concern about Mallory. Doesn’t sound remotely upset. (Interestingly, he also doesn’t sound drunk to me even though we know his BAL was off the charts. This is a guy who has had plenty of practice working to appear sober after consuming enough alcohol to put many of us under the table.)

Contrast that w/Connor who is clearly frantic about Mallory. It’s heartbreaking to listen to but telling. You can hear him lose it with Paul because Paul is smiling. He tells police to “keep that MF away from me” and shortly afterwards says to the cops
“Y’all know Alex Murdough? That’s his son. Gooood luck”. The distain in his voice was strong and the inference clear. Paul was untouchable. The comment’s made around the 12 minute mark and Connor’s tone even more than the words should convince anyone who has doubts that the Murdough’s held an incredible amount of power in that town.
It’s actually Connor’s cousin, Anthony Cook, who was dating Mallory and who is recorded in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow