SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That appears to be correct. I figured he hired someone to help him do this, as he’d have to get rid of the gun and avoid gunshot residue.

My dream scenario, is that this is also the person responsible for carrying out the murders.

And maybe the accomplice discarded MM’s phone as well…that makes sense to me…

I suppose the funds could be in a trust with the bank rep as the trustee especially if one of the sons had challenges. But why haven’t the sons seen any amount from it? That’s a good question for the trustee/bank rep and whoever set up this trust (usually lawyers, if there is in fact a trust) because trustees usually get paid to administer them. Too many “friends”scratching each other’s backs. The sons/estate was probably “counseled” by “their recommended lawyer” to accept the insurance pay out instead of suing AM.

I agree with all of this. I'm guessing there was a trust set up for the special needs son. The bank rep is a VP (according to LinkedIn) and I'm not surprised that he would speak up at this point. He does seem to be 'walking a delicate line' in the way that he is talking (e.g. "we're not saying anything inappropriate happened, we just want to know...."). The bank won't want to tick off Murdaugh 'friends', as they likely rely on them for business. But they are likely a bit emboldened after the events of the last week or two.

Because they’re being responsible. It would be a disaster to get this wrong, or announce a name before law enforcement wants it out there.

I’m more impressed than anything, although it’s frustrating. I can’t imagine we’re going to be waiting very long (an hour or two).
But surely they wouldn’t make the arrest unless they were sure? Or do things happen so very differently in SC? “Arrest first, ask questions later - unless you’re a Murdaugh (to date)”.

But surely they wouldn’t make the arrest unless they were sure? Or do things happen so very differently in SC? “Arrest first, ask questions later - unless you’re a Murdaugh (to date)”.
The arrest has happened, but there may be concerns we aren’t aware of (more arrests coming or something).

This is something no outlet wants to get wrong.

Is it possibly Alex? or one of the 'Good Samaritans'?

Ooops...quoting myself to clarify that it was someone known to Alex. (Please, please, please don't be BM.)

Our local sources have confirmed the suspect is “known to (Murdaugh),” although they declined to elaborate on the nature of the relationship. They also declined to say whether Murdaugh himself would face any charges in connection with the mysterious shooting, which took place ten days ago on Old Salkehatchie road near Varnville, S.C.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: First Arrest Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member