SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the lawyers conduct impacts their ability to do their job, Model Rule 8.3(a) would apply.

Rule 8.3: Reporting Professional Misconduct

Rule 8.3 refers to the ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct. I believe you are wrong in your interpretation of that rule as requiring an attorney to report addiction in another attorney. Again, if that’s a requirement, there are no lawyers who haven’t violated that requirement.

Interesting, since slip and fall deaths need to be reported, but natural ones do not.

Now I am curious if they are investigating because they think that there was foul play in her actual death.....or if they are investigating for insurance fraud, and they lied about her falling and she really just died in the house of natural causes. I hope she wasn't cremated, so they can finally do an autopsy.
It needs to be investigated for BOTH reasons, IMO.

On Wednesday DICK HARPOOTLIAN, the South Carolina Biden backer and talking head whose wife was recently nominated to be ambassador to Slovenia, appeared on NBC’s “Today” show as part of a tangled legal saga in South Carolina that has gained national attention in recent weeks.

Harpootlian is representing ALEX MURDAUGH, an attorney who recently told police he enlisted a man to kill him so his son could collect the life insurance payout. That incident, which Murdaugh survived, came only months after his wife and son were shot and killed on their family’s property.

On “Today,” Harpootlian said he anticipates Murdaugh, who is in treatment for opioid abuse, confessed to the scheme because he wanted law enforcement to focus their efforts on investigating the deaths of MAGGIE and PAUL MURDAUGH.

“Believe it or not I have a pretty successful law practice,” Harpootlian told POLITICO when asked how he became involved with the case. “I have a day job. Politics is not my day job; it’s practicing law.” Harpootlian said he had known older members of the Murdaugh family, who’s legal lineage goes back several generations.
The mysterious reporter on the Biden beat

SLED Public Information Officer Tommy Crosby said the department was requested by the Hampton County Coroner to open a criminal investigation into the death of Gloria Satterfield and the handling of her estate.

Crosby said SLED has also gathered information during the course of other ongoing investigations involving Alex Murdaugh that warrant the reexamination of Satterfield death.
Columbia: SLED opens probe into death of Murdaugh maid

The Murdaugh case also prompted police to open an investigation into the 2015 death of Stephen Smith, a 19-year-old found dead in the same county, less than 10 miles away.

His death was first deemed to be a shooting, but was then ruled to be a probable hit-and-run. Police have not said what information was recovered during the Murdaugh investigation that led them to look into the Smith case.

Following the murders, Mr Murdaugh's brothers, Randy and John, said they were unaware if the family had enemies, although they claimed Paul had received threats.
Alex Murdaugh: The hot shot US lawyer and the hit man - SamfordCrimson News

Rich & powerful lawyer hires his drug dealer to kill him, but has private helicopter on standby to rush him to hospital to save his life? Did I get this right?

And now we have drug dealers involved. That's Cullen Davis 101. If you can make people believe that a bunch of less desirable people have been hanging around then thats all the suspects you need and the motive could be almost anything.

In light of the many recent, controversial events surrounding the Alex Murdaugh family of South Carolina, something seems to have been forgotten lately.

There are people who are dead. They must be remembered. And justice must be served.

Today, Sept. 15, would have been Margaret "Maggie" Murdaugh's 53rd birthday.

"She has been lost in all of this," says one of her friends, Debbie Bishop-Phillips. Bishop-Phillips spent a good deal of time with Maggie, tailgating at college football games, and more often, in exercise and painting classes.

"She was a good friend, and is definitely missed," she said. "If she was your friend, there was nothing she wouldn't do for you. She always made you feel welcome."
Friends remember homicide victim Maggie Murdaugh on her birthday

Third scenario could be Curtis really tried to kill AM. because something went wrong after the hit on MM and PM. It would be easier to explain as an attempted suicide then retaliation for you hiring a hitman to kill your wife.

Edited that CES really tried to kill AM not PM

I don’t think so. It appears that AM owned the knife that slashed the tires. I think a graze was the hit man thankfully not going through with the plan. He could have easily shot him multiple times… which makes me think Smith was not the hit man for the other two murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth