SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the cooler have caused the straight lines in the wet pavement that the State mentioned early in the trial? Someone posted 2 photos of the lines that were admitted into evidence but I don’t have access to them now.

Just watched Emily D Baker, Law and Lumber+, and they all complained about this trial, how both sides have played fast and loose, asking Leading questions, which are not generally allowed. Emily, a former California Prosecutor said this case should not have been brought, as there is much Info/Proof missing, and AM is already in Jail, so no rush. They also noted that it's obvious the Prosecutor was hungry to convict AM. Emily also thinks it's very possible AM knew the actual Killers, but may have not done the crime himself, so she might have charged him with complicity. They all also have doubts about the exact times of death. The podcast is Friday Night Frenzy/ Murdaugh Murder Trial-Prosecution Rests (Law and Lumber) on Youtube.
Listened, and can see some of their criticism, but You All and I have watched, gone back and forth, pointed out what WE have noticed, and I still feel he is Guilty as sin, But while one lawyer thinks Guilty verdict, the others thing perhaps Hung Jury. If I were a taxpayer in SC, I would be furious if they my tax dollars were wasted. Just MOO
Wanted to make you aware and get Your input. Stay safe, and have a Happy Presidents Day:)

Yeah you see this kind of take on all the TV shows talking about it too, but you can tell none of those people have followed the case that well.

And with the leading question thing, in every trial, either side will ask lots of questions that could be validly objected to, but they don't usually bother objecting unless it's on some matter that they care about. The low number of objections in this trial have been nice imo. They always just rephrase the question and it ends up the same result anyway. I bet the jury finds it tiresome to go through that game playing too much.

When I read your post the first thing that popped to mind was AM's 911 call and the words I heard him utter " For God sakes Paul, why'd you have to get involved" AJMO, my ears.
Good point! He did say something about Paul in the 911 call that led a lot of us to think that Paul wasn't supposed to be there.

Today, we know that Alex lured both Paul and Maggie to Moselle on June 7, so Paul was supposed to be there. Perhaps there was something more complicated related to the drugs that Maggie found. Instead of discussing the pills with Alex, Maggie discussed it with Paul. Then Paul discussed it with Alex.

That was one month prior to the murders. I wonder what story Alex gave for the drugs,

Glad you posted this @Warwick7. Was wondering last night -- now that we have heard so much, what was it that they came across in those early days that caused SLED to open an investigation into SS's death (murder). Something they found in PM's bedroom? His apartment? Something on a computer? Something on a family member phone? Moo.

I heard nothing stated so far but hope they have some folks at SLED working on this concurrent with the Murdaugh murders so Stephen gets justice. Moo.
Apparently there was a rumor that Stephen and Buster May have had a Thing when in HS. This whole area is a Rumor Mill, and seems like so much small town 'playing telephone', where the more a story is told, the more added details/GOSSIP there is. What is so sad is that Stephen was Gay, and a nice kid, but we are talking about another world in this area, and SC is full of this all over. MOO

Good point! He did say something about Paul in the 911 call that led a lot of us to think that Paul wasn't supposed to be there.

Today, we know that Alex lured both Paul and Maggie to Moselle on June 7, so Paul was supposed to be there. Perhaps there was something more complicated related to the drugs that Maggie found. Instead of discussing the pills with Alex, Maggie discussed it with Paul. Then Paul discussed it with Alex.

That was one month prior to the murders. I wonder what story Alex gave for the drugs,

And this was about one month prior.

He also cashed checks for Murdaugh. He would take the checks to Palmetto State Bank, get cash, and bring the cash to Murdaugh. Sometimes when he would bring the cash back, other people were in the office. Once the Yemmasee Police Chief was there, once Cory Fleming was there, and once Chris Wilson was there.

A few weeks before the murders, Murdaugh stopped asking Tuten to cash the checks.

I remember Waters not being specific about motive in his Opening. I think he described it as a storm that hit on June 7. Given the many issues — drugs, debt, theft, the boat case — that seems like a smart way to frame it. JMO

Plant??! He was accused by ?? as having Planted Jurors in Trials in the past, but no clue how...MOO
When the defense suggested that Alex was going to spend most of his life in prison anyway…my first thought was that if he goes free on murder charges, his attorneys will make deals on the theft charges. He will never go to prison. So I disagree with all the talking heads. JMO.

When the defense suggested that Alex was going to spend most of his life in prison anyway…my first thought was that if he goes free on murder charges, his attorneys will make deals on the theft charges. He will never go to prison. So I disagree with all the talking heads. JMO.
YES! I am afraid he will Plea out in some way, But So Many charges, so if Consecutive years, one after the other, and hopefully charged Separately, but no guarantees.:(

Just an observation...

We've been painted a picture in which Alec and Maggie never argued. I think that's probably fairly accurate. No verbal brawls.

In my opinion, however, there's something just as deadly for marriage -- avoidance. Healthy relationships have healthy disagreements. I'm betting that Alec refused to talk about anything he didn't want to talk about. Avoid, deflect, gaslight.

Some of the hardest personalities to deal with. Answers for everything, even if they're senseless answers. Tasmanian devil. Always on the move, impossible to pin down.

Hard to hit a moving target. Hard to get 'even ten minutes' to address or resolve anything.

Physical violence isn't the only way to control another person.

JMO

Yeah you see this kind of take on all the TV shows talking about it too, but you can tell none of those people have followed the case that well.

And with the leading question thing, in every trial, either side will ask lots of questions that could be validly objected to, but they don't usually bother objecting unless it's on some matter that they care about. The low number of objections in this trial have been nice imo. They always just rephrase the question and it ends up the same result anyway. I bet the jury finds it tiresome to go through that game playing too much.
It reminds of that old adage about everyone having something else in common, as well as opinions.

Also the fact that he told 911 that he had 'been down there and it's bad' (or words to that effect) means he wasn't even right there at the murder site when he was talking to them.

Another thing I have seen pointed out is that at the beginning of the 911 call, you can hear dogs barking but Alex is quiet until it connects and then he turns on the high-pitched gasping as if by cue.

Has anybody else noticed Alex smiling at a juror? Many times I just listen, but today I was actually watching some of it and noticed him smiling at someone.
He was smiling a lot at the witness from the sheriff's office, the cute newlywed, when she good-naturely teased the prosecutor. AM was laughing a lot at that.

I have considered that he only looked at them to verify they were dead before calling 9111.
I don't think he spent a single second checking them. Bet he paid Maggie no mind.

IMO while at Almeda, he realized he'd forgotten something, likely Paul's phone.

If Alec wanted to, I think he was unable to murder Paul earlier because Paul was on his phone constantly.

i think Alec had the hose out, which prompted Paul to put his phone in his back pocket. (Or it was never in Paul's back pocket and Alec did roll Paul in order to retrieve the phone from a front pocket.)

I don't know exactly why Alec needed to handle Paul's phone but it was important. 80 mph important.

While Alec was talking to 911, I think he realized something else, terminating that call so he could attend to it. Paul's phone was important, coiling up the hose was important.

I recall Alec describing in the first interview how he went to Maggie, then.... then corrected himself, said he thinks he went to Paul first. He knew exactly what he'd done, not done and in what order. But his brain was toggling between what he actually did and what he wanted LE to think he did.

And that tells me he didn't jump out of his vehicle and pretend check on them or he'd have been able to relate that without falter.

Instead, he went directly to Paul (MOO), did something with Paul's phone and then had to wash blood off his hands and shoes. Damp shoes. Clean hands.

The only blood on his hands now is the blood on your hands that can never be washed away.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads