SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be like, “You’re grossing me out dude, here’s some kleenex!”

Gross with the hanging snot! He is composed enough to tend to his manifestations. He is acting like he just ran out of the twin towers and is a complete wreck. Situations like that warrant real hanging snot.

Grieving is different for everyone but in his case he is acting like it just happened. Bad acting.

IMO, all his movements and LE interviews will be addressed on cross and it will be messy for him. I noticed he concedes on timeframes and data, feigning no CLEAR recollection. is it going to be more of that and more chicken and how chickens do what they do? :oops:
Suggested title of the book: "Murder Most Guinea Fowl"

I’d be like, “You’re grossing me out dude, here’s some kleenex!”

Do you know, that when people are crying, it is better to not give them a tissue. Because when you give them tissues, it is like "permisson" to keep crying. If you don't give them a tissue, they stop crying sooner. A psychologist friend of mine told me this.

Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29
Why do this to your wife and son?
I think you'd have to be very desperate. And immoral and heartless and greedy and impulsive and cold hearted.

And I think the state just showed him to be all of the above. He was in bad financial shape and desperately needed to pay back some of the accounts he had looted. To do so he needed wife and son GONE.

Lots of comments that the motive makes no sense. What would make sense? Not sure why an unhappy marriage or other reason is easier to accept. By all accounts Chris Watts was a loving husband and father, killed his wife and girls to get them out of the way. Does not understanding the “why” negate the evidence?
I'll keep saying John List. Offed his entire family + momma because of financial problems. And far fewer by a mile than AM here. JMO

Do you know, that when people are crying, it is better to not give them a tissue. Because when you give them tissues, it is like "permisson" to keep crying. If you don't give them a tissue, they stop crying sooner. A psychologist friend of mine told me this.
Interesting. I kept hearing AM answer CW "I don't have an issue" Maybe he was really saying "I don't have a tissue."

Thank you, not understanding how you separate the two. Showing how he stole from the most vulnerable seems to inherently describe bad character.
It does. Yet the knowledge he’s a heartless, habitual criminal whose character is rotten to the core must be ignored. However the fact he got away with it for years because he’s such a good liar goes to credibility. And jurors are directed to weigh witness credibility when deciding what testimony to believe. That’s why the judge is allowing this line of questioning.

Subtle but important distinction.

IANAL JMO

The defense is trying to raise doubts about basically every piece of evidence -- the replacement gun, the angle of the shots, when Maggie's phone was thrown, parking on the grass at Almeda... it goes on and on. But to me there almost seems like a subtext of if Alex did it, it was an addicted, crazy Alex and he would never have done this intentionally, i.e., in his right mind, so almost hoping for jury nullification, while throwing out these reasonable doubt snippets for a juror to cling to. Not sure if this makes sense. JMO.

He didn't want to get into the murder case yet because it was the end of the day already. You don't want to be interrupted in the middle of that crucial portion. It is much better to start tomorrow fresh as he enters that ground.
I'm so glad the judge denied the defenses request to put on two witnesses before state has completed their cross with AM. They act so entitled. Why do they get away with it?

Unknown assassins of unknown motive were hiding in the woods waiting for a one minute window for Alex to leave because they only wanted to kill the mother and son not the much more repugnant father, while using the father's guns to commit the crime? It's called reasonable doubt, and not any imaginable possible doubt pulled out of one's nethers.
Unknown very short assassins …

I hope Waters asks AM if he is trying to cause a “Warming Effect” on the jury with 1) his well rehearsed, missing memory answers and clinically emotionless “acceptance” of the State’s pesky “paperwork” showing that he did bad things before the murders which he can’t deny; 2) the poor-me-addict, rehab-challenged, I sometimes lied about the chickens but not the nap due to unspecified paranoia; and 3) the use of pet names never heard before until today.

Warming Effect sounds a lot like obfuscation to me. Either that or the sensation of peeing in a pool. His own words are going to sink him.

I'll keep saying John List. Offed his entire family + momma because of financial problems. And far fewer by a mile than AM here. JMO
yes, and List used 2 guns. financial with religious undertone. AM is not an anomaly....in fact he behaves like similar killers of their family...first these killers must lie about what THEY think will nail them or be a red flag...(sometimes they are just stooooopid when it comes to affairs, thinking the affair partner would never surface).....might be a simple thing like AM and the kennel... and he did that right out of the starting gate. there is a reason in his mind why that kennel interaction had to be lied about. pesky evidence surfaces: An AUDIO. and then he compounds the lie. and admits that he lied. so he will continue to lie about not lying or lying that he is not lying anymore. circular. hurts my head.

Has the confused woman who sat in the jury box been addressed here tonight? I'm just now logging in. Thanks...
I haven't seen anything about this, just that maybe 2 of the jurors in the front row were crying during AM's crying theatrics answering prosecution questions about the murders, and saying he would "never intentionally" do anything to hurt his wife or son. And maybe one of them handed AM a box of tissues because he was crying and it was getting messy? MOO

I have a question.Does anyone know if he called Buster right after the murders?I know he said he called his brothers but what about his other son?You'd of thought he'd try Buster before his brothers.
Especially if he thought it was a retaliation assault. There were many who testified about being scared. Family, law firm employees, etc.

I haven't seen anything about this, just that maybe 2 of the jurors in the front row were crying during AM's crying theatrics answering prosecution questions about the murders, and saying he would "never intentionally" do anything to hurt his wife or son. And maybe one of them handed AM a box of tissues because he was crying and it was getting messy? MOO
It happened before AM began testifying. And it the sane time the jury came in. It was very odd!

CW has an exhibit for every occasion for the lawyer about town.

My favorite moment of the day was when he pulled out that photo of Alex flaunting his badge at the hospital. Looked like that blindsided Alex, and his lawyers too. And this was after he was protesting so emphatically earlier in direct against any allegation that he was fixing witnesses.

This was even more satisfying after watching the Netflix show, Alex comes out looking very bad with his corrupt behavior after the crash. Actually his whole family looks bad, obstructing this way and that. Even John Marvin does his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke