SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!! This is what I’ve been saying. If you just “stumbled” upon the scene, how would you know to think “oh I better not tell LE I saw them 3 minutes before they died” because you would have no idea WHEN they died!! Could have been 10 minutes ago. Could have JUST happened.
exactly. telling 911 right away *he just got back* <---get that alibi recorded and nothing tying him to the kennels AT ALL that day. oops....PM's video/audio he had no knowledge of.

I know that the prosecution doesn’t have to prove motive in this case, however, I’ve been thinking of all the possible reasons why AM murdered his wife and son. I think when he’s proven to be a liar, just by his own testimony yesterday that would influence the jury to wonder if they could trust him at all. He obviously had major financial problems, and if it’s true, that he was really addicted to opioids in a serious way to cause him paranoia that could also be part of the motive. I just believe that he wanted PM and the boat case out of his way and perhaps MM knew too much. Perhaps the only way he could salvage his reputation and the family name was to have PM and MM murdered by “enemies” and he could gain sympathy. Of course, none of these reasons make sense to me as a normal person, but I’m beginning to see his paranoia may have influenced his decisions. I hate that he is using his addiction as an excuse for his bad behavior, but it’s not surprising for an addict to do that.

ETA: I should have said addict/narcissist!

I want to point out two members said something yesterday that will play into today big time!

Post in thread 'SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29' SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

"I think Waters is trying to emphasize that AM can sit there, look you in the face and tell you bald-faced lies that seem completely believable.

He's done it again and again over the years.

So, is he doing the same thing to the jury."

Post in thread 'SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29' SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

"AM: note to self for tomorrow, do not look people in the eye because I did it in the past and was lying and the jury now knows that.

State doing a good job of proving that he would do anything to anybody and not feel bad about it unless he was caught."

(Laying the foundation, he could look MM or PM in the eye and kill them and not feel bad about it, then be OK to boldface lie about it.)
Love

Last edited:
Exactly. In the Netflix doc, M.Beach mom said how they were not allowed thru closer to the crash site but AM was. None of the parents were. So I wonder if he used that badge there as well. He definitely was not afraid imo.
He used the badge as a symbol of his ties to power; he employed it to buddy up with LE, he used it for strategic intimidation of the kids in the boat case, and for intimidation in god knows how many other situations with non-law enforcement members of the community. It was shorthand for,"I am the law in this town".

AM admitted how he misused this badge with police, so that we would not notice the real purpose for the badge-to control the little people who saw his crimes day in and day out. These people, including the domestic workers who have spoken the truth in this trial are the heroes. There is a reason AM surrounded himself with poor and vulnerable people- they make for better prey, and they can't afford to lose anything. However. The axe forgets, but the tree remembers.
The courage it took for them to speak up!

This is a story about power and fear. The people in this community are afraid of this man, and no amount of "Hey Bo" chumminess is going to convince me otherwise. Haven't we all had to smile and nod at someone with power because we know there is no way we can win? The people in the town have been under the Murdaugh regime for so long they are resigned.

When I start to worry that there won't be justice in this case, I remind myself that the truth is the justice, and it is already here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member