SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Waters will bring up with what he did to the Satterfield boys…imo I think he should, after all she was like part of the family. Then I believe Waters will get into the day of the murders, then the murders, then afterwards.

I agree Waters is very strategic and did a great job heading into cross yesterday right after Alex’s performance on direct. He now has had overnight to think about his moves today and also had a chance to confer with his team.

moo
Yes! And even thugh this seems repetitve, think of HOW MANY TIMES CW has gotten this cretin to ADMIT that “I loved them, i CARED about them…still do! But what I did to them was wrong!” Not a difficult leap to killing his wife & son…..he “loved” and ”cared about” them too.

Gaslighting 101

Confess to a lesser crime, play it, garner sympathy for the truthfulness while dodging the still greater lie.

Alec is going all in on 'I stole from people, I don't dispute that. I took money that I shounta.'

He thinks that makes him sound truthful and transparent.

It doesn't.

JMO

Who is the guy in the 3rd row at the end?
Justine ??

This goes directly back to what I posted previously, in this case, the evidence is circumstantial. There is no direct evidence. No DNA, no blood splatter evidence.

Instead, the defendant lied to the police, until he finds out about the video that placed him at the scene at 8:44. Then, he uses drug use as a reason for lying. But, why would he lie?!

It will probably be a hung jury. Everyone wants a ton of evidence now. No common sense.

Otoh, that same network/system holds immense sway... and has for generations. I still think there's a chance of one or more jurors not convicting AM because of the general thought of not going against the "system/network". (AM was a big, well known part of the system. The family name is still a big, well known name. AM's network is still there, still the same people in charge with influence in the area. Some people will not go against it, even if they don't like it.) People might not express their real opinions or vote a certain way because they may fear that word will get out as to who did or said certain things in the jury room. There doesn't have to be a plant because the adherence to the system/network is so ingrained people will censor themselves even when not being directly watched. It's a system of power and of fear (for those not benefiting from the good ole boy system) and those who are the victims in a system like that learn to censor themselves and their actions to avoid problems. (Kind of like DV victims will do a lot to avoid having their abuser notice anything they are doing, knowing that anything they do may set off problems.) I hope I'm explaining it well enough to make sense. That's really why I can imagine that a hung jury may be the outcome. All very much IMO and MOO.

Exactly! The above comments are well put & well said. AM is not just some poor, unknown slob who was arrested on suspicion of murdering his family. I.e., he himself was a well-known & wealthy fixture in the area. And, possibly more importantly - his family is also wealthy & has been well-known for generations in that community/area. So, it stands to reason that people who live there (especially those who are not wealthy & not part of this family's circle) are certainly in justifiable fear of negative repercussions when it comes to this case.

So, yes - due to the combination of no direct physical evidence against AM re: this crime & the fact that he & his family are wealthy & influential in that community, etc....I agree completely that it seems very likely that AM will walk - unfortunately. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member