SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only just started following this case, thanks to the live coverage of AM’s testimony. Already, three things pop out at me about AM: 1) his distancing use of passive voice in his narratives; 2) his agonizing hair-splitting; and, 3) his obsession with control over his late wife. Relative to the third item, I noted in his testimony yesterday his odd fixation on how “feminine” his wife was, as if riding an RTV was somehow a mortal sin. Perhaps in his patriarchal world view, it was.

There is so much wrong with this man. But again, I’m new here (drifted over from Vallow-Daybell). May I ask whether and where the murder weapon was found?
Not found. But mechanical markings on 300 Blackout casings found at the scene match mechanical markings on casings found from various other locations on the property where family members' 300 Blackouts were used for shooting. This indicates they were shot from the same rifle. And the 300 Blackout rifle previously kept at Moselle is missing, at least since the night of the murders.

Alex-- Other than lying about going to the kennels, (about my being there minutes before my wife and son were murdered) I was cooperative. I just lied that one time about the most important fact. Prosecutor Waters is letting jurors come to their own conclusions after hearing all the lies. It's a smart move. Visuals and driving it home would be a perfect finish. JMO

Am's father is dying (he had gotten money from him in the past). The confrontation at the office was big, especially since his sources of getting money to hide his crimes were drying up. MM and the dynamic between them must have been tense b/c of money and the boat trial. He admitted today that he had told PM he was going to Rehab after the boat trial--- so they must have been talking about his addiction rather than PM's bp and the pills must have been more of an issue. (BTW, addicts will say anything to get you off their back.) I think he was highly pressured. He also knew that they were looking into him for the boat accident/hospital actions.
Iirc, he called his dad sometime around June 7 to ask him to sign for or loan to him 600K and didn't hear back from his dad or he refused. On his mind was getting 600K real quick. He may have asked MM to use Edisto

I’m wondering why AM hasn’t pulled an OJ and pleaded for the search for the real killers? Don’t you think with all his musings he would have said something to that effect? Rather strange if you’re him.
Hey! He and Buster offered a $100,000 reward with an expiration date to locate "some other dude did it" and, to our knowledge, no one came forward.

Griffin says Waters violated AM’s due process rights by highlighting the defendant’s failure to come forward with exculpatory information after his arrest. Waters says this is a non-issue. He says AM waived that right when he spoke about the case. Newman agrees. Jury returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member