SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think John Marvin makes for a good witness. And he is going full throttle in support of his brother. No hesitation. Hopefully the jury is not swayed by this.
I believe the jurors have all lived in the district for a while, some perhaps all their lives, and are well aware of what each Murdaugh will do for another Murdaugh in word and deed. I trust they have a good grasp of what the family stands for. moo

Griffin steps down. Prosecutor John Conrad takes over for cross-examination. Conrad asks if the Murdaughs cooperated with the investigation. JMM says they did.

Conrad asks JMM when he first learned that his brother was down at the kennels with Maggie and Paul shortly before they died. JMM and Conrad agree that SLED first played the kennel video for JMM on 8/12/22.

Conrad: Wouldn’t you agree that your brother was not cooperating with the investigation, then? JMM: “Yes, he lied.”

Conrad: “Were you aware that your brother, Alex had loaned (Yemassee Police) Chief Alexander money over the past several years?” JMM: “I was not.” And then we move on.

Conrad: “Would you say that the Murdaugh name and legacy is something that’s important to you and your brothers?” JMM: “Yes, I think any family’s legacy and name is important to them.”

The defense rests its case after presenting 14 witnesses over the course of a week.

Judge Newman denies the defense’s second motion for a directed verdict. The state says it has 4-5 witnesses in its reply case. Friday, Waters said it had 1-2. Waters says he can get it all done tomorrow. Harpootlian doesn't buy it.

Judge Newman says the jury's field trip to Moselle can take place after the state's reply case.

Law Enforcement does not clean up after crimes. Once they release the scene, it is up to the family to clean up whatever is left.
My ex-husband's uncle was murdered in his home and the family hired a clean up crew from the midwest to come and clean up the scene once law enforecement released it.
MOO - but I can hardly see any of the M family cleaning up after a crime scene.
I have a cousin whose 16 year old son shot himself in the head. They brought in a clean up crew to clean up the blood and brain matter, standard OP in SC.

I only started watching this so-called trial this week. After hearing the brother cleaned up the crime scene, and Alex lied about being there just before the shooting, for me, all bets are off. My suspicions were that Alex hired a couple of hit men and set the son and mother up. The fact there were two shooters, means they lilely anticipated two victims. Add that to the coverup of a boat accident, the housekeepers trip and fall and ultimate fatality, a dead young man on a highway that was known to the family, and all of the stealing and lying and coverups, this is just one big rabbit hole, or somebody had enough of this family and snapped.
If Alex hired hit men, why the heck would Alex be at the crime scene? In my experience, when a spouse hires hitmen, they themselves get away in a public place, preferably with cctv, to have a solid alibi. Why hire hitmen and then be at the kennel moments before the attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210