SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dick Harpootlian was an absolute jerk on cross. The most unprofessional, I've ever seen.

Much as I hate it, he is doing his job. DH is showing that he still believes his client, that others are mad at his client, and he intends for the jury to know that. Would never want AM to be able to assert his counsel was inadequate after a conviction.

OT - who is the woman sitting in front of the computer with the thing up to her mouth? What is she doing, does anyone know?

We've gone past code red, we're in meltdown. Where is that gif from The Office It's Happening???

Daaaaaaaum!! Stand Bye for a Code Orange Drama Watch. A Code Orange Watch means there is a possibility of a Major Courtroom Meltdown!! There's also a very real possibility of a Contempt of Court Charge. All members should prepare to press the mute button to protect children from hearing bad words. Make sure all electronics are fully charged so as not to run out of power at a crucial part of testimony. Take all precautions to insure un-interrupted streaming services. This is NOT a test! Repeat A Code Orange Drama Watch has been issued for this trial!

I'm going to up the Drama Alert to Yellow right now with a possible Red Alert on stand bye. Conditions are favorable for a possible explosion in the court. All members should be ready to turn everything off and devote any and all attention to the court for major drama!
I've been getting up at 5 every morning to get in a few hours of work before being distracted. I'm watching this mainly for the schadenfreude of seeing this crime family get taken down.

I think if he was angry enough he just wanted to get on the stand to stick it to Alex, he would have said he thought he was guilty.

He sounded sincere in his answers and I love that he said he took an oath as a lawyer and not just as a witness on the stand in this case. He suggested a bigger issue he has with Alex and that is Alex not holding up to his oath he took as a lawyer. No different than police officers being upset with other officers that don't uphold their oath or a doctor that does wrong to his patients and other doctors feeling some kind of way because it's a betrayal to every lawyer, police officer, doctor when one is unethical.

He was really clear with where his issue was and I think DH suggesting he was just mad so saying whatever to get him in trouble backfired. I guess he had to try though what else does the defense have other than to say others are lying? They made their own bed by having Alex take the stand.

Much as I hate it, he is doing his job. DH is showing that he still believes his client, that others are mad at his client, and he intends for the jury to know that. Would never want AM to be able to assert his counsel was inadequate after a conviction.

Agreed. I want justice as much as everyone else but I've unfortunately been seeing this trial differently than most here at WS

I agree, but he really crossed the line a couple of times.

Court reporter
Thanks. I asked the same question. I assumed she was, but I have never seen that type of device seeing as it seems it would be similar to just using something to take it directly from the witnesses. It seems that things could be messed up then typing or could add the wrong words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member