VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Redubbed "Cross Swamp Farm" by realtor Todd Crosby, the Moselle property was listed for sale in February 2022, and has been under contract to be bought since June 6, 2022. The buyers are a Colleton County farmer whose family owns significant acreage adjacent to the Murdaughs near the town of Islandton, along with a partner from Bamberg County."

Actually cheeky is much too nice of a way to put it, IMO. It was all theater to DH but meant everything to RC for someone to say his involvment was only all about the money. DH was besmirching RC's character, it was very below the belt...especially the demonstrative yelling at the witness. AJMO
DH’s frustrations were clearly showing ….he couldn’t break RC

"Redubbed "Cross Swamp Farm" by realtor Todd Crosby, the Moselle property was listed for sale in February 2022, and has been under contract to be bought since June 6, 2022. The buyers are a Colleton County farmer whose family owns significant acreage adjacent to the Murdaughs near the town of Islandton, along with a partner from Bamberg County."

While in jail, state prosecutors say Alex Murdaugh quickly began coordinating with his son, Buster, and his brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, to sell off many of his assets. Attorneys argued this was being done in order to settle many of Murdaugh's outstanding debts to friends and business associates while also lowering his net worth in the face of massive lawsuit settlements likely to come.

Maggie and Paul Murdaugh are still buried in temporary graves almost two years after they were brutally murdered in cold blood outside the dog kennels at their home.

The wife and son of Alex Murdaugh are buried together at the Hampton Cemetery in South Carolina, just a 30-minute drive from the Colleton County Courthouse where Alex is currently being tried for their double murder.

A cemetery worker told a Post photographer the headstones for Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22, are still delayed but didn’t specify what that meant.

Photos show the graves surrounded by dead leaves and some fake flowers.

[…]

Murdaugh family still buried in temporary graves almost two years after slayings

Recalling this topic in prior threads where it was said no headstone was intentional due to the extensive trial coverage, and the family did not want want to have to deal with TikTok and/or vandals.

Initially, I was upset by the temporary markers but I've seen some crazy TikTok invasions lately and I can respect this. JMO

Maggie and Paul Murdaugh are still buried in temporary graves almost two years after they were brutally murdered in cold blood outside the dog kennels at their home.

The wife and son of Alex Murdaugh are buried together at the Hampton Cemetery in South Carolina, just a 30-minute drive from the Colleton County Courthouse where Alex is currently being tried for their double murder.

A cemetery worker told a Post photographer the headstones for Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22, are still delayed but didn’t specify what that meant.

Photos show the graves surrounded by dead leaves and some fake flowers.

[…]

Murdaugh family still buried in temporary graves almost two years after slayings
Seems like the Murdaugh assets were drying up at around the same time as funeral. Perhaps no one was around to take financial responsibility and see the project through.

IMO.

Although @Seattle1 has a better theory, above. Many families would go ahead and put the stones in, though, as people are bound to show up anyway. It's a form of tribute to the victims.

What I recall of Ronnie Crosby's testimony beginning with his first appearance without the jurors present, his emotion over PM & MM's death was the first that I believed, and what one would expect of anyone close to the victims.

So for DH to then go after Crosby-- insinuating he was upset over the loss of money (versus the victims) was very cheeky, and what's become known to me as typical below-the-belt DH. MOO

Actually cheeky is much too nice of a way to put it, IMO. It was all theater to DH but meant everything to RC for someone to say his involvment was only all about the money. DH was besmirching RC's character, it was very below the belt...especially the demonstrative yelling at the witness. AJMO

I absolutely saw Ronnie Crosby as a man of honor. I was riveted by his testimony (although I tune out any talk about hogs), and felt he was justified when DH over there was attempting to impugn Mr. Crosby’s integrity.

All of these partners have suffered grievously, both financially and emotionally, due to AM’s treachery. When Sen. DH shouted that he didn’t care about Crosby taking “high offense,” I believe if I were a juror that would outrage me.

JMO

Last edited:
Not saying never but I'm at a loss to recall any case where the defendant, in custody, accompanied the jurors for a jury view of the crime scene.

I remember a local defendant that was not in custody (out on bail), following the juror bus while riding in a vehicle with his attorneys but he never got out of the vehicle when they arrived at the location. MOO

Well, there was that self-representing DB who was allowed to visit the SUV outing. :mad:
Not the same though.

Deadly Parade Crash Trial: Brooks Attends Jury Viewing of Red SUV

ETA: I see @Gardenista already mentioned him, I'm behind again :(

Last edited:

We need to follow these shenanigans along with the $4 million AM gets from his father’s estate. JMM is involved and they are filing all kinds of motions so that AM gets to keep money from the sale of Moselle or to somehow shield the property. He should have to repay every one of his victims with interest.

Darrell Brooks is the most recent one I can remember

Thank you. Did he actually attend the jury view? I recall the Judge changed her mind requesting DB be present and ordered the viewing recorded for the record. Then DB filed some wordy affidavit over it (i.e., he was vehemently opposed to Judge ordering him to attend). He became too much for me so I didn't follow the case very long!

Last edited:
I absolutely saw Ronnie Crosby as a man of honor. I was riveted by his testimony (although I tune out any talk about hogs), and felt he was justified when DH ( Mr. “Harpoon”) over there was attempting to impugn Mr. Crosby’s integrity.

All of these partners have suffered grievously, both financially and emotionally, due to AM’s treachery. When Sen. DH shouted that he didn’t care about Crosby taking “high offense,” I believe if I were a juror that would outrage me.

JMO
I like, from my opinion, reference to a Senator In the courtroom. MOO.

I couldn't figure out why the exasperated response from Dr. Kinsley (it's a CONE!) seemed so familiar:

I knew someone I watched or listened to similarly said the word in the same fashion, but it took me quite awhile to figure it out.

Turns out it was about...the CONES!
That's good, because the defence expert testified that it was a triangle, as though he understood the crime scene in two dimensions.

We need to follow these shenanigans along with the $4 million AM gets from his father’s estate. JMM is involved and they are filing all kinds of motions so that AM gets to keep money from the sale of Moselle or to somehow shield the property. He should have to repay every one of his victims with interest.
I’m pretty sure that whatever money AM gets it’s going to his legal team. This is an expensive trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75