VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up Duffie Stone, I don’t think Alec had any fear of being held accountable. Their family had run that county and surrounding counties for over a century.
I agree about the lack of thought of technology. I just don’t think he’s as bright as he thinks he is. He did leave his phone at the house when he went to the kennels but did not think beyond that. Moo
Excellent post! Both on their family connections, which they had become accustomed to, and AM not being that bright - he obviously hadn’t considered all the aspects of technological data that can be used in criminal cases.

I remember the evidence in the Heather Elvis case, which was circumstantial and had holes. I remember the talking TV heads thinking there was no way either or both would be convicted. I am in the camp that the timeline here, the lying liar who lies, the video, and the idea that PM seems to not move away from the shooter but toward the shooter point to AM having done this. If MM heard those shots and saw AM, my guess is that she moved toward him because she thought PM might have hurt himself and didn't anticipate that AM would shoot her. Additionally, if she didn't know the person with the gun she most likely would have run away rather than run toward.

Suspected drug smuggler? Since he is dead maybe that can of worms won't ever get opened.......
Boulware owned Moselle before AM.
He’s the old friend that AM owed a ton of money to when Boulware was dying of cancer and couldn’t afford a hotel for his wife to stay when he was receiving treatment.

Also from the article:

According to reports from the Associated Press and United Press International, Boulware, an Allendale County fisherman operating out of Beaufort County, was indicted on Feb. 11, 1983, on two federal conspiracy charges after the seizure of 17 tons of marijuana on a fishing trawler coming out of the Bahamas. Boulware was charged with conspiracy to possess and distribute 34,000 pounds of marijuana and conspiracy to import marijuana into the U.S., but the charges were later dismissed when a key government witness was struck by a car and killed in Florida.

Boulware died Sept. 12, 2018, at the age of 61, after an extended illness.

Sorry if I've worded that in a confusing way.
:oops:

Just what it says ... wondering what Buster is thinking these days ?
Sometimes people will try to put themselves into another's shoes to imagine why they act the way they do.
Thus far, Buster seems to still be on AM's side.
Does some part of him hope his dad is innocent ?
I truly don't know.

It’s clear he has been for AM during the trial and has testified on AM behalf so that’s why I asked. I personally don’t think he is worried about AM killing him also.

Seriously though, how would they do this? Have him locked in his transport van? Wrist and ankle shackles? His attorneys would never allow this. They have to secure him somehow. Maybe shock devices?
They could put him in a large cage, similar to Bubba's, mount it onto a golf cart, then ride him around the property.

Suspected drug smuggler? Since he is dead maybe that can of worms won't ever get opened.......
Was Barrett mentioned during Alex's admission of people he stole from or lied to? Alex's drug dealing money laundering friend is dead, so Alex assumed 100% of the monthly payments and it strained his finances? That's why he stole the money?

"A Beaufort County island co-owned by disgraced and disbarred South Carolina attorney Richard “Alex” Murdaugh and a deceased drug-smuggling suspect is up for sale, pending court approval.

The island for sale is 50% owned by Murdaugh through Murdaugh Holdings and 50% owned by the Estate of Barrett Boulware, according to the court filing."​

link

When you’re a sociopathic mfer, it’s what you do.
In AM's Twilight Zone mind he had convinced himself that he could fly right into the eye of the storm and come out the other side, easy breezy. In reality he had lost real world perspective long ago and his lifestyle sent him on a power trip that all are seeing now. I'm thinking he still has that frame of mind sitting in court with twisted thoughts of how he's going to beat this.

Court tv just had a doctor on about opioid abuse he explained how AM could take so many pills. Illegal stolen pills! Yes can give him energy big time. I hope we see a video on Twitter later. Oh he said that AM BRAIN would arrouse his pleasure part of it

So,

First, AM should be in jail for a long time just based on the fraud alone.

The following isn't a defense of this guy. Just thoughts....

How could a guy simultaneously pre plan this to the extent that its been alleged that he premeditated this by "luring" Maggie to the property, to kill her. Then thought ahead to use 2 weapons to give the impression there were 2 shooters.
Along with pondering a way out of the pickle he was in with the firm for months. And coming up with a plan to kill his wife and son. But
not consider the technology. Seriously, he is cunning. He knows how law enforcement works. He knows what cell phones are capable of data logging, he knows on star is tracking him.

How are we supposed to square this?

That said, I think he knows exactly what happened that night. I think these people were into some really bad things. And something went very wrong. Possibly something Paul had gotten himself into. And there is still some type of threat hanging over the heads of the rest of the family.

There's more to this story.
BBM
Per Maggies Sister's testimony on witness stand, while talking to AM
"He said that he did not know who it was, but he felt like whoever did it had thought about it for a long time,” Ms. Proctor said. “I just didn’t know what that meant.”

That is how... he had been thinking about it a long time, lied about being there ( who does that, if innocent??)

He was more concerned about clearing PM's name and thought his death would bring sympathy for PM, instead of the negative ramifications from the boating incident.

"She said Mr. Murdaugh seemed more concerned with protecting his dead son’s reputation in the days after the murders than with finding out who had killed him.

“We never talked about finding the person who could have done it,” Ms. Proctor said. “It was just odd.”

Right ?!?!?!?=--other than the one time offer of reward $$-- there have never been any pleas or news pressers from him or Buster pleading to the public to help find the killer of their wife/mother/son/brother
No pressers, no public pleas, --nada

Delphi case has had tons of fundraisers, events, memorials while constantly pleading with the public to help find the girls' killer.

Other cases have also done the same.

But not here, in this case and this family has the funds to offer more reward, to have press releases begging for help to find the killer and yet, they haven't done so.
JMO

Personally, I wonder if even if the prosecution does not prove that AM is a murderer, I think that he could be convicted by the jury just for being so darn unscrupulous. That video of that young boy who is paralyzed, and he stole from that family. Absolutely despicable. I would be fine with that if I was on jury.

yes there is.....

There is way more to this than we know. I feel there are others who could provide evidence against AM but I really think people fear retaliation.

I’m hoping that people will come forward eventually. They have had to of been following the case. Bottom line AM isn’t convicted yet.

What is unfortunate is people will remain fearful if AM wins. It sends a message that the Murdaughs always win no matter what they are up against.

My takes today:

The cell phone guy was awful (why the heck did they do that?)

Crosby was believable and powerful.

The Sheriff proved yet again how much Ellick lies ABOUT EVERYTHING no matter how inconsequential.

Dr Kinsey is my favorite he is so pleasant and so sure of himself and the defense could not make him look bad.

I don’t have the answers but I am curious if anyone kept some of the ashes. My experience with cremation is the urns are kept at home, personally owned property or a mausoleum.
Well, my husband was a widower when we married, when he was dying he asked me to cremate his body and bury half by his late wife and half to be with me. His urn is in a marble box buried beside her. I have his other half in the back of a special photo frame which will go with me someday.

BBM
Per Maggies Sister's testimony on witness stand, while talking to AM
"He said that he did not know who it was, but he felt like whoever did it had thought about it for a long time,” Ms. Proctor said. “I just didn’t know what that meant.”

That is how... he had been thinking about it a long time, lied about being there ( who does that, if innocent??)

He was more concerned about clearing PM's name and thought his death would bring sympathy for PM, instead of the negative ramifications from the boating incident.

"She said Mr. Murdaugh seemed more concerned with protecting his dead son’s reputation in the days after the murders than with finding out who had killed him.

“We never talked about finding the person who could have done it,” Ms. Proctor said. “It was just odd.”

Right ?!?!?!?=--other than the one time offer of reward $$-- there have never been any pleas or news pressers from him or Buster pleading to the public to help find the killer of their wife/mother/son/brother
No pressers, no public pleas, --nada

Delphi case has had tons of fundraisers, events, memorials while constantly pleading with the public to help find the girls' killer.

Other cases have also done the same.

But not here, in this case and this family has the funds to offer more reward, to have press releases begging for help to find the killer and yet, they haven't done so.
JMO

That would have been a heck of a question to ask JMM. "I suppose since you think the killer has not been found yet, you are still offering a reward."

Thanks to everyone for the posts, past and current.
Am trying to read and catch up, but it's an enormous task.
My question in much of this trial and in other murder cases : Who has the most to gain or lose ?
Also ; did AM ( in some remote corner of his mind ) think that a random stranger would be blamed and he would resume his past life, sans wife and son ?
Was it possible he planned to kill Buster as well ?
Imo ; If I were Buster -- that would greatly influence my testimony towards AM in this trial !
M00.
I don’t think he considered killing BM because he was the golden child, the one who would continue the Murdaugh name in the legal community. I believe since AM had gotten away with his financial thefts over so many years he thought he was invincible, so yes, I could see him believing the murders could have been blamed on a stranger. I also believe he would have had no problem continuing his life, along with Buster, if he hadn’t been caught with the financial crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom