VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that, very understandable. It's like a check kiter - shifting money from one source to another.

I knew a "check kiter", this was about 30 years ago. She was constantly going from one place to another, depositing cash in the bank to cover the checks written from the previous day. It was like a person spinning plates on sticks, constantly running from one to another, before they all crashed.

Why would anyone want to live that way?! Insanity.

AM looks just too smug, IMO it makes me worry
I think AM knows the defense closing arguments are going to be "loaded" in some way (probably in a new level of viciousness towards the prosecution "having it out for" this poor, drug addicted, "lost soul" who would never intentionally do harm to any y'all no less Mags and PawPaw) and that and only that has revived his innate cockiness. *advertiser censored* uh doddle doo... moo

I wonder if the jury is as tired of hearing about the financial crimes as I am? They have shown enough that he is a liar and a thief and it’s not really what I would need to hear right now if I was on the jury. I sure hope after the lunch break he focuses on the night of the murder and lays out that timeline and on the weapons being from the family gun collection.

I’m not sure that anyone can actually prove the motive here - still think there is more to it than I understand anyway. But opportunity and means is why I cannot find reasonable doubt.

AM seems very smug today. Could be I am misreading his expression. He could just be relieved this is coming to an end, no matter what the outcome.

I would be surpirsed if this goes all the way through to the verdict without some sort of drama.

all MOO

I still fear that there will be one, two or three jurors that just won’t make the leap from AM being a stone-cold liar and thief to a stone-cold family annihilator.

Of course that’s been the talking point all along, but I was hoping for a state closing argument that all twelve will find indisputable, and I’m not sure even now that that is happening.

I hope no one on the jury relates to him still as a good ole boy. He’s always lived in a different world than them. They’re not Murdaughs and if they weren’t his jurors he’d never interact with them in his real life. Unless they were clients from whom he could steal.

Just my nervous opinion. I hope I’m very wrong.

I heard that Phillip S Hoffman would shoot up 90 bags of dope a day...if Alex was taking 30 mg oxi's all the time...it could be true..he is a big man and some people can handle drugs. mOO

I don’t like AM smirking today … he’s acting very cocky
Something I learned from watching boxers fight: sometimes a fighter will smile or chuckle at his opponent when they've just taken a punch that really connects and stings. The punchee overcompensates to give the puncher the impression that "it didn't hurt me one bit...in fact, I'm entertained by your attempts at hurting me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga