VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought…Perhaps the reason AM took Maggie’s cell phone and not Paul’s is that he thought there was a chance that Maggie tried to call 911 when she heard the first shot but he couldn’t tell because he couldn’t open the phone. If he did shoot Paul first then he knew Paul had no chance of making a phone call.

PS I do think he was worried about what RG might have overheard and that’s why he was trying to call him after the 911 call.

Also affects his ability to be a Solicitor, which he wanted, and could be reported to the State Bar. Naturally, during the bankruptcy all his financial crimes would have come to light.

The real question for me is why he killed other people, if he was so desperate, but not himself. Sometimes I theorize that he intended to kill himself too, but like other, similar family annihilators, he lost the will to do that - perhaps after seeing what guns do to human bodies. He tried to get someone to kill him or pretend to kill him, still operating on the theory that if he was suicidal people would feel sorry for him (or, perhaps, having actual moments of wishing to die - which I'd bet he has had).

I think he blamed Paul for the ruination of his life and his need to borrow so much money; he blamed Maggie for spoiling Paul, etc.

IMO.
BBM:

I theorize that AM is a sociopath.

Some key features of one:
- tend to lie
- break laws
- act impulsively
- utter lack regard for their own safety or the safety of others

People may experience:

Behavioral:
- deceitfulness
- irresponsibility