VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the climate of the South many of my friends, and others whom I don't know, operate farms with climate control devices in their barns, primarily for their horses. When I first saw Paul at the kennels, I noticed the edge of the kennels on that end would be in the sun or in the hottest part of the day. The dogs still had their soft beds in the shade though.

Moselle has overhead fans for their dogs at the kennels. I don't know why, but that thrills my heart.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 8.46.12 PM.png

Did he take something from his sister back with him also?
That shifty ship head. He was grabbing the files from sister Lynn, but at the same time diverting attention from that by drawing attention to himself stealing the pen.

Wow. This family!

Ps: I don't have links, just what I've read here about Lynn and ellick going thru a file earlier in court. Imo.

After that graphic photo of Maggie & Paul and CW's poignant closing, AM still had the nerve to smirk with Jim after the jury was excused. I'm telling you the man has no true emotions whatsoever, he's ice cold.

MOO
I think Alec thinks JG has a magic bullet. He may, we will have to see but I don’t see how anyone can refute CW’s argument today!

These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 Law and Crime Live at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?

Last edited:
Blanca and her husband stayed there for a while after the murders.

I am not sure why anyone would want to stay at a house and property where 2 people were brutally murdered and no one knew why. How could they ever be sure that they were safe there if people hid in the woods to slaughter someone randomly or targeted the occupants one night. Someone might have mistaken them for BM or AM and killed them. One more reason that leads me to AM. He asked them to stay there and gave them the impression it was safe BUT he did not know it. If it were my property and the killer was not hauled in I would never want anyone else I love to be a possible target. He was the murderer and wanted his life to go back to normal as soon as possible. I have no doubt if the firm had not gone after him that he would have moved back there eventually.

These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?
Yikes, no. Do you happen to have a link to that video clip?nwas that perhaps when Alex said he’d lied about not being at the kennels earlier that evening?

It would be possible in this case if these two outsiders happened to be invisible beings that teleported in and out of there. I guess that's theoretically possible. But it's not anywhere near reasonable doubt.

Wait till the Chad Daybell / Lori Vallow trial starts. Then you'll see some real teleporting. Hah

Last edited:
These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 Law and Crime Live at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?

Was this after his sister gave him the contraband? He may be buying pills in jail, for all we know (it happens) but had they found a way to get his fix to him?

Judge may have known about the contraband. I'll have to go back and review that day - I do remember the incident and it did make me wonder if he need meds.

IMO.

I believe AM is guilty, but that has to be one of the worst closings I have ever listened to. He was all over the place, redundant and boring. He didn’t weave together a story to make it easier on the jurors.

I came in late to this trial, but this courtroom seems a bit unprofessional. From the judge waving that e-mail asking for someone who works there to the guy barking for everyone to be quiet today after the last break. Why does the defense and the defendant not stand for the jury? I also thought judges usually stand as well. I read many comments praising this judge, but he comes across as very grumpy to me. Hopefully the prosecution finishes strong tomorrow.

I didn't see the guy barking orders but I get the whole " unprofessional" thing but it's really just a regional/Southern 'thing'. I say this as being a "Damn Yankee". A "Yankee" is someone visiting from the North. A "Damn Yankee" is a person from the North who moves down here on a permanent basis. I was born in NJ! I moved down here to Charleston for the 1st time in the mid 90's. Circumstances took me away from Charleston in the late 90's and I lived elsewhere for about 10 yrs. During those 10 yrs I always wanted to move back so in the mid-2000's I did just that and moved back. Circumstance again reared it's ugly head when I got cancer and I had to move closer to a treatment center in NY that specialized in my kind of rare cancer. After I kicked cancer's @ss I moved back to Charleston again because I love this place so much.

So why am I telling you this? I've lived here and moved away and moved back again a few different times. Each time I return, it takes me awhile to fall back into " the Way" things are done here". I call it De-Yankee-izing. It's very similar to decompressing. For one thing, people are much friendlier and outgoing. It shocked me the 1st time I got in an elevator down here and the person in the elevator said " Hi " to me! Same thing happened when I walked down a street passing someone and they also said " Hi" or at least acknowledged me. That kind of thing def does not happen in NYC!! People here will let you in at a stoplight and they don't mash on the gas peddle when the light turns green. Your basic aggressiveness in traffic is not as intense as it is in say NY/NJ/ Philly/Boston. Same thing when you're at a restaurant or bar. People are just more patient and friendly as a whole. You'll hear " After You" when you're standing in line for something. You'll hear a lot of " please" and "Thank You" in interactions with other people..

The overall pace of life down here is completely different. Life is more relaxed and easy going. Things are more casual. People aren't as pushy as they are in say NY or Philly and I don't mean that in a bad way it just a different culture. I always get a kick out of watching my Northern friends come to visit. I immediately spot the difference in their behavior as they are generally more forward and aggressive. Same with tourists. Out of towners are easy to spot. They just act differently. I'm not saying it's bad or right or wrong, it's just something I've learned to spot over the years.

Now imagine being further away from a bigger city like Columbia or Charleston....everything is even more magnified from Yankee-ness. It really is like The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry!! I think this difference in culture is affecting the way that these pundits on TV report on this case. They don't live here and understand the people who are on the jury. They are looking at things through Big City glasses. There is Yes and NO and no room for the in between. They may be focused on the facts and only the facts and it just doesn't work that way here. We take everything into consideration and then after looking at things from a few different angles, we'll give an answer. Yes, there are definitely facts of this case but there are also other things that are going to influence this jury.

Trust and integrity mean A LOT to people in a small town like Walterboro where everyone seems to know each other. All the focus on these financial crimes is going to play HUGE in the eyes of this jury. The thinking being that AM lied, cheated and stole from his friends and neighbors. He stole from disabled people, hurt cops, cancer patients, dying people, neighbor's clients etc.. He might not have stolen anything from them directly but maybe he stole from their friends, their friend's friends or neighbors, family members, cousins, cousin's neighbors or families etc, etc. See where I'm going with this?

Now throw in the drugs and the money involved with that, the boat accident and Alex and family's denials and shady behavior, the bullying, the fake cop act with his stinking badges and blue lights, his fake suicide act... There are dozens and dozens of people that were hurt directly and indirectly by his actions. He's possibly thrown 100's of people under the bus over a multitude selfish acts. TRUST AND INTEGRITY. AM has none. The 1000's of lies he's told over the decades are going to bring him down because he's capable of doing it. How could he NOT do this???? He's done everything else!

I'm reminded of the fable about the Frog and the Crocodile. For those that don't know it, here it is: The Frog and the Crocodile

This jury of local folks is going to look at this and say " We Won't Get Fooled Again!"

All the sniveling, snot, fake tears and pathetic nicknames in the world aren't going to save him. He has banked absolutely NOTHING in the positive column! There is NO goodwill. NO charity. NO kind acts. NO selflessness. NO community There is only Alex. It's always been Alex. The World revolves around Alex. I. Me. Mine!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the jury doesn't take much time deciding. I think they will return a verdict of guilty. I'm changing my mind and I think we will have a decision by Fri Nite!

Thanks for reading all of this if you got this far!!

Nailed it with lots of too long opinions?
Yes, that works! There is no "rule book" on how to go about getting each particular jury "on board", IMO.

At least the Prosecution is sharing all their thought processes with the people of the State they are charged with serving -- which of course includes these jurors -- whom all pay taxes to the State which is covering the cost of all this, and who are bravely doing their civic duty by serving.

If they think it better they take a "long winded" approach that is patient and tells the story and makes no assumptions about the jurors "getting it", until they feel they have been able to fully solicit their understanding and perhaps mental capitulation of "okay, I get it!", then so be it.

MOO

Which witness was on the stand?

I think Alec thinks JG has a magic bullet. He may, we will have to see but I don’t see how anyone can refute CW’s argument today!

I couldn't help noticing that JG continued to write furiously on his notepad while Waters was presenting closing remarks.

JG stayed behind, when most other lawyers went to Moselle, in the courtroom. I got the impression that he wasn't ready to present a closing statement.

“The birdsong is constant and beautiful; the sky is still overcast,” Bauerlein [WSJ] wrote in a final pool dispatch. Jurors see Moselle crime scene for themselves as Alex Murdaugh's double murder trial nears end

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-01 9.06.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-01 9.06.40 PM.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics