GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure didn’t give much time to prepare victim impact statements, basically about 12 hours. Plus, some would have to travel some distance to show up at Colleton County courthouse. Not that I think it will affect the sentence he’ll receive, but maybe Marian and her girls would want to speak. Then again, maybe not. The statements may end up being more on behalf of mercy for the convicted murderer.

That said, I’m fine with such quick sentencing. Get ‘er done!
Maggie's family have been noticeably absent from the trial, except for when her sister testified. They did not support Alex so I would be surprised if any of that side of the family shows up for an impact statement, unless it's on Buster's behalf.

Maggie's sister is rumored to be very closed to Buster.

MOO

I think it’s going to be used. They will most likely say codes and procedures were not adhered to in this instance. I don’t know what they are but I know DH will find a way to tie them in. He is also claiming that Newman was bias and generous with Pros, and that the other crimes were allowed in.
I’ve seen all kinds of things brought into appeals but very rarely, and only under extreme circumstances with new evidence, have I ever seen a murder conviction overturned by an appeals panel of other judges.
Juries under the direction of a presiding judge hold the power to convict and appeals judges respect that fact of our justice system.
Appeals courts have even been known to deny an appeal after someone else confessed to the crime

Last edited:
Anyone know why shotgun shells were the issue with the brief holdouts? I don't understand that part of the evidence (wasn't paying attention to it). Murdaugh juror says cellphone video sealed disgraced attorney's fate: ABC News exclusive
two different shotgun rounds were used against PM turkey load, smaller pellets and buckshot being bigger pellet size. Several shells were found at the base of the open door in the feed room. The defense was blowing smoke around about the shells used, pellets found in the walls as well as PM body. Those type of shells were found around the site as well but the several shells found in the feed room were key though different.

Reflecting on this week of testimony. I am still curious about the change in AM's demeanor. Monday and Tuesday he looked awful and then Wednesday and Thursday he seemed stoic with little emotion. I look forward to the defense team presser, I think...

Maggie's family have been noticeably absent from the trial, except for when her sister testified. They did not support Alex so I would be surprised if any of that side of the family shows up for an impact statement, unless it's on Buster's behalf.

Maggie's sister is rumored to be very closed to Buster.

MOO
I would imagine that is a hard road to travel for her. As she wants to be there for her sister, she still wants to have a relationship with her sister’s son.

Wildest moment in the trial for me so far, in a trial with many wild moments, was the "let's stage the Moselle property for the jurors with Maggie's bike, a random flowerpot with Buster's name, an empty shirt in the window and a stuffed chicken in the dog pens" moment. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Or the bomb threat, or Alex on the Stand

i Feel the same way seeing the deputies who were there on the Night of June 7th waiting for him to arrive …. A reminder of “we got you!” :)
They all took a lot of abuse from defense during the trial. Can you imagine their dilemma the first days -- how they had to tow the line -- the son of 100 years of solicitors -- with JM following them around. Heck the female SLED agaent felt she had to remove her side arm and badge to go into the house.

They did the best they could. god bless them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.