GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that's it. I think he did that more than once. His dad probably did something similar. I recall they had a big barn and outbuildings at the parents' property where it looked like they held big outdoor BBQ's, etc. plus hunting. Not sure if his dad had a big hunting property, but they probably had use of some in the area.

It was to their benefit to be friendly with various LE departments, when it came to handling lawsuits, accident investigations, etc.

Yes it was RM’s man cave.

Not sure about there but here Md. agriculture property is much cheaper then residential, not sure how hunting lodges work.

Nope. Not one iota of a thought. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Demons can only hide behind the mask for so long and once you get a good look at a demon despite what face it lives behind it's something one never forgets. knowing the face has saved my life and others during my time in the service, starts with the eyes IMO and follows with extreme heartless actions. Take a good look at AM and remember it if you wish, remembering that image may save someone you love or yourself one day IMO.

Court tv talking heads....state that the judge went overboard. Really? AM killed his wife and son, who has a problem with two consecutive life sentences?!

The only issue I can see is that the same judge is going to be adjudicating these other trails. At this point the question might be if he is saying this about AM, can AM be tried fairly by this judge.

I thought the comments by the judge were appropriate but if I had a client that was going to go before him again, I might want to balk as well.

We only know what TOS allows us to know and discuss here which in this case, is by AM who told investigators that BM was living in Rock Hill with his girlfriend and her mother and working at Wild Wings.

At the time of the interview, AM was expecting BM would be returning to law school in January (2022?). My hope for BM is that he can go no-contact with AM and make an honorable life for himself. JMO
The problem is that Buster may not have a clue of what it means to live an honorable, decent or humble life. AM and MM never corrected the boys for their wrong doings. They always covered up for them, and AM is NOT a role model anyone needs.

Isn't that odd that THAT was what they had to discuss to determine everyone thought guilty? OF all the things people brought up here about how they didn't prove it because xyz.. NEVER was it shotgun shells, yet this is what the 2 jurors mentioned for reasons he could be innocent. Wild how trials work isn't it. I guess this is why the state harps on things or feels repetitive because you never know what a juror is going to come up with as a reason for not finding someone guilty. I guess the things that were hammered in stuck, but I don't recall too much even being said about those shells.

Still wanting to hear what exactly it was about the shotgun shells that caused not guilty thought.

Moo I think they all knew. Don't fall for the JJM nice guy routine. There are companies who clean bio hazard scenes. Its not an LE job. If JJM cleaned it up it was so he could play his feel sorry for me card. He could afford to hire it done. Moo Murdaughs should get an academy award.
Murdaughs have always had people do their errands...farm work...housework and anything else they need. John Marvin cleaning the scene had some purpose .....agree JMM and his smile could win another award.

Something I didn't know and wanted to share. Judge Newman's 40 year old youngest son died of a cardiac arrest on January 3, 2023 and the judge soldiered on during his grief to serve Colleton County. Just another reason to teach our children to emulate Judge Clifton Newman. This must have created some hardship for the judge and he never uttered a word. I have a newfound level of respect for him.

I thought taking the stand was the only shot Alex had and I think he did a magnificent job. He’s a good actor and pathological liar, pretty good one too.
It was the overwhelming evidence that did him in.
If it wasn’t for that kennel snap chat video, he would have gotten away with it. In my opinion.

Demons can only hide behind the mask for so long and once you get a good look at a demon despite what face it lives behind it's something one never forgets. knowing the face has saved my life and others during my time in the service, starts with the eyes IMO and follows with extreme heartless actions. Take a good look at AM and remember it if you wish, remembering that image may save someone you love or yourself one day IMO.
Truest statement I have ever read. I’ve seen that face of evil.

This is a great list! The things that gave me the chills were:

- "Whoever did this has been planning it for a long time" - to MM's sister
- "My first priority is clearing Paul's name" -- to MM's sister... who said that her first priority was finding Paul and Maggie's killer.
- "Paul was an intuitive little dude, like a little detective" in his first car interview on the night of the murder. I immediately wondered, "what did "intuitive little detective dude find out?"
- "Maggie didn't work" were the first words out of his mouth when asked to describe his relationship... a possible point of tension?
- "I wasn't washing off guns, or cleaning guns like you implied or said that I was" -- AM on the stand.. all I could think was "huh? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WASHING OFF GUNS? Guess you washed off the guns"
- The composite sketch of his "assailant" that just happens to look an awful lot like a cross between Mark Tinsley and Anthony Cook
- "I (or "they") did him so bad" about Paul -- he says it was "they" but I sure hear "I".
- "When I went back there" about the kennels when he was still denying that he actually went to the kennels

ETA: I forgot the one that chilled me the most. When he testified, he said, of going to the dog kennels... "I got up to do what I didn't want to do" which is how I've always imagined he felt about shooting the two... that he didn't really want to, but that he had to.
May I add? "I got out of there" he said when he left the kennel. He never had any regret about getting out of there just before they were murdered, he could have said "if only I hadn't left when I did..." etc.

I just listened to the defense's press conference. I have some thoughts.

They downplay the financials, twist it into whatever narrative they want and suggest the state only wanted it to show his bad character, but then claimed it was to show motive where there is no financial motive. Well who do we believe Alex's WORDS that financials was not a motive.. nothing to see here, not pressure, no stress, my world was not closing it, Jeanie was mistaken, there was nothing big with the boat case.. and on and on..

OR do we follow the trail the state laid out?

He did this financial crime and then to cover that one he had to steal X money and pay back Y thing. Then the next case came along and he took this money or did this misdeed, borrowed from this bank, cashed this check, borrowed from his friend, put his house as collateral, etc. and on and on. There was a clear path of how each next crime helped him clear up the previous misdeed. Then in June 2021 there was nobody else to "rob".. he tried to get a loan, his account was overdrawn by $300,000+, he was confronted that day, he was preparing for the boat hearing, he inquired about his 401K that same day. What was he going to do? Where was he going to get any more money? What case was pending that could get him out of this current mess? There wasn't one. He was being slowly squeezed and he did know that boat case was going to expose his financials. There was not one piece of evidence to show he could get money from anywhere else that day.

Now suppose he puts one of his properties on the market.. do you think that would fly? His financials were front and center because of the boat case and him getting rid of assets while the heat was on was not going to happen. I believe it was one of his law partners that said when they were seeing the odd financials they thought he was trying to move money around to avoid disclosing it in the boat case. That is illegal in itself. Little did they know he was just plain stealing from them.

Just because there was no life insurance on his wife and son does not mean it wasn't financially motivated. That financial pressure was on ingredient in the mix and the TIMING of it was key. The defense just wants us to take their word that Alex said there was no financial motive.. yeah okay. In Alex's world financial GAIN was not the motive.. it was keeping his financial actions secret that was motive. It was him eliminating things he thought were exposing those crimes or the reason those crimes would be found out.

So many comments here and elsewhere saying they didn't see a financial motive because there was no life insurance. Well that isn't the only way someone benefits financially from someone's death.
This is exactly the way I feel! But that's not why I like your post. It's because it is so well thought-out, written and succinct -- unlike my rambling. Great post, justtrish!

I agree. i also think that the amount of opiods he said he took daily is nit compatible with life. So, another "lie". Furthermore, how was he so "lucky" as to never have taken ONE PILL that was laced with something that would have landed him in the hospital or killed him. As a nurse, it makes no sense to me.
He was getting the good prescription stuff

RSBM
"Buster held up pretty well until the cameras were off him — but then he collapsed,” said a source who was at the Colleton County Courthouse when Murdaugh, 54, was found guilty of the grisly double murder.

“He was crying uncontrollably. The uncles [Alex’s brothers, John Marvin Murdaugh and Randy Murdaugh] finally got him into a car.”

They need to check their sources. Neither Randy or JMM were at the reading of the verdict.

Does anyone have a nagging thought???? What if he wasn't the murderer???
You know for a long time I wanted to have that thought, I tried, I even thought about the drug deal gone bad, a bad debt called in, someone taking revenge for something AM had done, etc... BUT the video at the kennel and his lie about not being there along with his actions since their murders removed any nagging thought. He did it. He is guilty and I have a suspicion that there are others involved after the fact and SLED is very aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member