GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMO, this WSJ reporter that allegedly cozied up to the local podcasters collecting info and now has a book about the Murdaugh saga coming out soon (Ballantine/Penguin Random House), is responsible for many of the rumors published in PEOPLE and elsewhere about MM that never materialized including conversations about "AM acting fishy," and divorce attorney and forensic accountant consults-- all by unnamed sources. IMO, the rumors make for better storytelling about this tragic saga and even better book sales. MOO

ETA: I understand she repeats the rumors in the Netflix 3-part series.

Last edited:
The Honorable Judge Clifton Newman for Supreme Court!

I just love that after he no longer had to remain neutral, he gave his personal opinion about this crime and this defendant.

Alec was at the murder scene at the time of the murders, and no one else was. Could there have been some wildly implausible theory other than that Alec murdered them? Some outer-space, fanciful, preposterous other notion of who else could have killed them, with the placid dogs and Alec himself saying no one else was there?

Most emphatically, when the suspect had proven himself to lie egregiously in every area of his life, and to all who knew him best?

No, and the judge directly told Alex and told the court and the media. No, the evidence was overwhelming.

Supreme Court Justice the Honorable Clifton Newton !

(I can hope, at least, someday)!!!!

No. I did at the beginning….but the end, I’m convinced beyond any reasonable doubt
To be clear, i dont have a reasonable doubt. I suppose there's always a doubt....just hard to fathom he murdered his wife and son with a rifle and thought he could get away with it....Chatting one minute, brains and blood on the floor the next...ya know what i mean?

Isn't that odd that THAT was what they had to discuss to determine everyone thought guilty? OF all the things people brought up here about how they didn't prove it because xyz.. NEVER was it shotgun shells, yet this is what the 2 jurors mentioned for reasons he could be innocent. Wild how trials work isn't it. I guess this is why the state harps on things or feels repetitive because you never know what a juror is going to come up with as a reason for not finding someone guilty. I guess the things that were hammered in stuck, but I don't recall too much even being said about those shells.

Yeah, I'm not even sure if the defense harped on the shotgun shells.

Last edited:
I agree. i also think that the amount of opiods he said he took daily is nit compatible with life. So, another "lie". Furthermore, how was he so "lucky" as to never have taken ONE PILL that was laced with something that would have landed him in the hospital or killed him. As a nurse, it makes no sense to me.
Myself also.
He sold drugs & hid the money IMO
Anyone that would use their elderly mother & caregiver the night of killing their family is very dangerously evil. Fact. JMO

They need to check their sources. Neither Randy or JMM were at the reading of the verdict.

No RM but JMM was seated next to BM.

(JMM also spent much of the time talking to a uniformed Bailiff -- probably seeking clues about AM's transport schedule and making sure that AM gets his favorite driver on his next journey to DOC). JMO

He was getting the good prescription stuff
That's right, I'm sure. Remember something to the effect that Maggie was fishing out a pill bottle from the trash with some else's name on it? She was thinking about confronting the person whose name was on the label of the bottle (which would have done zero good, as AM would have just found a way to be more stealthy around Maggie).

Yes, but in his statements at sentencing wasn’t the other qualifier from the defendant ‘hurt’?

I don’t believe that the defendant has ever uttered the words kill or murder? I could be quite wrong.

During the trial I believe he interjected ‘intentionally’ on occasion.

IMO
i know I heard "I did not intentionally kill...." at least once from AM during his testimony.

Something I didn't know and wanted to share. Judge Newman's 40 year old youngest son died of a cardiac arrest on January 3, 2023 and the judge soldiered on during his grief to serve Colleton County. Just another reason to teach our children to emulate Judge Clifton Newman. This must have created some hardship for the judge and he never uttered a word. I have a newfound level of respect for him.
Thank you for this.

The article mentions that another of Judge Newman's children, Jocelyn Newman, is also a circuit court judge in South Carolina!

And in turn, that led me to this article about the judge written back in September. He's truly led an inspiring life.

I thought taking the stand was the only shot Alex had and I think he did a magnificent job. He’s a good actor and pathological liar, pretty good one too.
It was the overwhelming evidence that did him in.
If it wasn’t for that kennel snap chat video, he would have gotten away with it. In my opinion.
Maybe there's a Little Theater group in prison where he can perform.

IMO, this WSJ reporter that allegedly cozied up to the local podcasters collecting info and now has a book about the Murdaugh saga coming out soon (Ballantine/Penguin Random House), is responsible for many of the rumors published in PEOPLE and elsewhere about MM that never materialized including conversations about "AM acting fishy," and divorce attorney and forensic accountant consults-- all by unnamed sources. IMO, the rumors make for better storytelling about this tragic saga and even better book sales. MOO

ETA: I understand she repeats the rumors in the Netflix 3-part series.

Why would her rumors appear in People instead of WSJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member