GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM wasn't under any do or die deadline to get rid of MM. He could have postponed it until PM wasn't around (IMO).
I don’t think their marriage was a good one. I imagine they both just did their own thing. It’s pretty known that opiate addiction causes problems sexually, if he was doing it as long as he said he was….I can understand why MM would keep bringing up the affair to her sister. MM was staying at the beach house a lot….happily married people don’t stay in separate houses, they want to be together. Plus I think MM was a happy go lucky high end shopper, that I’m sure annoyed AM.

I admit to being puzzled by people insisting that Judge Newman was out of bounds or creating conditions for a successful appeal by anything he said at the sentencing today. I have seen many judges in Illinois and in other national cases act and speak similarly.

I’m watching the Dateline too.

Still so amazing that it was Paul himself who ultimately recorded key evidence with the Bubba kennel video - in his own murder investigation.

He helped to put his killer behind bars for life.
Sad it turned out to be his own father.
Strange twist of fate…the same man that covered for Paul and went out of his way to get him out of facing punishment. Kills him, tangled web he weaved.

Last edited:

Hate to see it:

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, who was once like royalty in South Carolina's prosecutorial law, will spend nearly two months with "some of the most violent and dangerous offenders in the state," according to the state Department of Corrections.

For the next 45 days, Murdaugh will be housed in the city of Columbia's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center, which is a maximum-security, level-three facility that houses male offenders.

"As part of the intake process, like all inmates, (Murdaugh) will undergo medical tests, mental health and education assessments, and the South Carolina Department of Corrections will gather other additional background information," the SCDC said in a statement.

After the evaluation, Murdaugh will be sent to one of the state's maximum-security prisons to serve out his double life sentence, the SCDC said.
Perfect place for someone like AM. He is as cold-blooded as they come. Hope he doesn't get any special treatment.

I admit to being puzzled by people insisting that Judge Newman was out of bounds or creating conditions for a successful appeal by anything he said at the sentencing today. I have seen many judges in Illinois and in other national cases act and speak similarly.
A bit too late for ANY grounds for appeal AFTER the jury renders their verdict, regarding the judge's sentencing remarks.

When the convicted are sentenced to DOC, they first enter a holding center for inmate intake and evaluation processing, which is expected to last for several weeks. The average time is normally about 45 days. In my experience, the shaved head is routine when doing their intake.
Yup. They shave you to make sure you aren't bringing in any lice!

I wish people would say ‘it looked like a great marriage’ instead of ‘they had a great marriage’ (Chris Wilson on Dateline).
I agree. And while I am relieved that Paul's video helped convict Alex, and I have sympathy for Paul and Maggie's death, I cannot forget or dismiss the fact that Paul tried to get out of being responsible for the death Mallory Beach, and Maggie was all in on helping him achieve that.

MOO.
His hair is grey (well, white) it was much redder in pictures from his younger years.
Also, I’ve seen a pic showing his “head injury” after the “roadside shooting”. In that pic, it looks to me like his own hair.
Replying to myself to add photo link if I can remember how to do that…

MOO. And there’s a close up on Fits. Are we allowed to link to Fits?

AM wasn't under any do or die deadline to get rid of MM. He could have postponed it until PM wasn't around (IMO).

According to his walls caving in with the pressure of what he needed to turn over for the Beach case 2 days later, he was definitely on a deadline. That’s why he acted when he did, he was going to be exposed. With the deaths he was able to buy some time. He needed that time to finagle the finances.

I was reviewing my notes of the trial. I have never been to law school, but I believe that I could have done 100% better job of defending AM than his defense team.

They messed up, so badly, I can't believe it. The DEFENSE put up the simple timeline of AM's STEPS during the murder! That was something that the prosecution should have used. It showed AM walking around when he said he was "napping" and also walking when AM was supposedly driving to Alameda! A giant bold timeline!

Who the heck thought that was a good idea?! It was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth