GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. He looked ashamed. Thought I saw tears in his eyes.
Judge Newman seems so kind that I bet he would be pretty disarming one on one. (Please don't take that to mean I think he's weak.) Would be interesting to know if he could get a confession if he met with Alec alone.

It would do a lot of good if Alec could bare his soul to someone because it would help Buster. Family secrets are so damaging. Buster is living with uncertainty -- I have to imagine that will impede his healing and self-understanding, and ability to move on with his life. Unfortunately as often as Alec mouths "I love you" to Buster, it seems empty to me because he acts like he loves himself more. Very sad.

OMHO.

Hey everyone,

Buster wasn't the one on trial and convicted for the murder of his mother and brother. Regardless of your personal opinions of him or his past, he is a victim in this horrible crime. Websleuths is victim friendly, so stop with the comments that are designed to bring Websleuths down to the level of other sites that y'all think are trash talking him.

Thanks.

A just verdict and equally just sentence. Tried to post yesterday but it never went through! Loved that Judge, he was the best I've ever seen.

I do still think that JMM may have aided in hiding the guns, but that is JMO. Perhaps that is what the new comments from law enforcement are about?

I really really wish someone would write a book delving into their upbringing so we can perhaps better understand how this monster was born and flourished for so long.
JMM, as with all of the characters, is an enigma. Something in the way he moves and shifts things around. I think he truly cared for PM. I've heard his wife does not care for AM, or in the least, doesn't condone his appalling behavior.

The background on the Murdaugh's is rich with bad seeds. AM's great grandfather, Randolph, the one whose picture hangs hung in the courtroom, stopped his vehicle on the railroad tracks as a train was rolling along. Train pushed his car 900' down the track. His son, Buster, filed a lawsuit against the railroad and won. Thereby, propelling the Murdaugh's into power and wealth.

Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh Jr., took over the law firm and prosecutor position; he served for 46 years, with the exception of several months awaiting federal trial over tipping off a local moonshiner to move his still.

Alex's father, Randolph Murdaugh III followed his father, taking over in 1986 and serving almost 20 years. Neither of his sons followed him into the solicitor’s chair, although Alex Murdaugh worked as a volunteer prosecutor before his law license was suspended in September as he was fired from the family’s PMPED law firm over millions of dollars turning up missing.

Alex admitted on the witness stand that he did want to become Solicitor. He carried the badges to prove it.

Have we figured out If Alex wears a wig, or if they shaved his head? I’m going wig, because most guys are gray at his age and his hair had a lot of color.

Scratch that, I’m being told it’s protocol.
I think his hair in court was his real head of hair, grown out. My observation is that as red heads age their hair gets white or a grayish white, not real gray. At least that's what's happened to a couple of red heads I've known.

Last edited:
Anyone remember early on at the beginning of the 911 call when it sounded like we heard Alex say to himself “Paul why did you have to get involved”?

I didn’t hear it throughout the trial. What was made of that?

#58 understandably, you cant ask AM a second time about that utterance. he gave an answer when confronted with the 911 transcript during interview at LE office: 'here' as if I am calling a dog?' he asks after thinking about it first, saying he doesnt know, saying he would have to listen to the call, but then HE VOLUNTEERED what kind of context the word 'here' uttered on the 911 call WOULD NOT BE in relation to calling a dog. good grief. :rolleyes: I know, I keep returning to that...but its an eerie listen knowing he was lying about even being there.
OM gosh -- that is eerie. I missed that. I hope I don't start having nightmares about this case. :eek: Bubba was running around while he killed Paul and Maggie? But that makes sense since the dogs were in the wrong pens. That means he re-caged them. OMO.

Just hard to imagine Bubba woudn't have gone up to the bodies. I know our Golden would have.

Last edited:
Anyone remember early on at the beginning of the 911 call when it sounded like we heard Alex say to himself “Paul why did you have to get involved”?

I didn’t hear it throughout the trial. What was made of that?
Yes I was wondering about that and why there wasn't mention of it in the trial that I remember.
I used to think (way back)it was Paul caught AM killing Maggie..but now I think it's Paul being on team Maggie and taking and sniffing out AM's pills on a regular basis.

Demons can only hide behind the mask for so long and once you get a good look at a demon despite what face it lives behind it's something one never forgets. knowing the face has saved my life and others during my time in the service, starts with the eyes IMO and follows with extreme heartless actions. Take a good look at AM and remember it if you wish, remembering that image may save someone you love or yourself one day IMO.
Dark eyes, devoid of soul. Thank you for your service @Edvis , you have my deep gratitude.

I’m watching the Dateline too.

Still so amazing that it was Paul himself who ultimately recorded key evidence with the Bubba kennel video - in his own murder investigation.

He helped to put his killer behind bars for life.
Sad it turned out to be his own father.

Yes I was wondering about that and why there wasn't mention of it in the trial that I remember.
I used to think (way back)it was Paul caught AM killing Maggie..but now I think it's Paul being on team Maggie and taking and sniffing out AM's pills on a regular basis.

I had forgotten about it but I keep coming back to AM tears and him being “distraught” and wondering if Paul wasn’t supposed to be around while AM shot MM.

If those tears were real early on, that’s the only reason that makes sense.

OM gosh -- that is eerie. I missed that. I hope I don't start having nightmares about this case. :eek: Bubba was running around while he killed Paul and Maggie? But that makes sense since the dogs were in the wrong pens. That means he re-caged them. OMO.

Just hard to imagine Bubba woudn't have gone up to the bodies. I know our Golden would have.

I would think the dogs would have gotten blood on them if they were out running around.

@Luna20 and @skyedaze: Have you listened to the clear, unredacted version of the 911 call that was released during the trial? (Check, it might be linked on the media thread.) I don't think you will hear that on the "real" version. I didn't. OMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom