SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned the hard way, with this case ANYTHING is possible.

No kidding. Like, would any of us really blink if we found out that either of the 2 jurors who signed affidavits turned out to have been related to a former client of Dick, Jim, Alec, or PMPED or a former PMPED client themselves (but not Alec's)? Heck, at this point, I wouldn't even blink if either of those two were found to be a teacher's aide in Paul's 5th grade class, dated John Marvin in high school, or were distant cousins.

I do kind of hope that the defense is able to correct their filing enough that it passes the bar needed to get a hearing of the evidence they have and the state/SLED has regarding the jury and BH. I want to hear D&J get up there and answer why if they knew ANY of this before the verdict why they didn't do anything. I want to hear what SLED has found.

Should BH have written the book when she did, IMHO no. Should she have included something of things she did in it, no matter when it came out? IMHO, no. Do I think she may have made a comment or two that blurred the lines? I can see that. But I don't see her pulling the foreperson into the bathroom in jury room multiple times, nor in aside for a private conversation in front of EVERYONE at the Moselle visit. But if she did, then I want them to show their evidence and for it to be evaluated. If she didn't, then an evidentiary hearing allows her name to be cleared if she is innocent of the accusations. Without a hearing, then people will say "well, they didn't do a hearing because the defense didn't meet the standards, she still did all that stuff."

bbm

Tue, September 19th 2023, 6:02 AM EDT

Murdaugh is expected to appear in court to plead guilty to 22 federal charges Thursday. The hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. at the J. Waties Waring Judicial Center in Charleston before U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel.

Murdaugh Federal Plea Agreement by Bailey Wright on Scribd

There is a lot of talk about who is paying AM's defense team as his situation continues on :/ We have obvious interest in this because we all want to know where all the money is that AM stole from his clients and firm, and does AM have it socked away somewhere that hasn't been discovered?

Care to discuss?

If legal fees are coming from a source yet undiscovered by the court attorneys who were charged with investigating all AM's assets and then overseeing them, his counsel must know where their money comes from and why aren't they obligated to disclose this secret account?

Is there a scenario where someone in organized crime or a cartel or another shady business with whom AM was partnered is willing to pay legal fees to keep their connection a safe secret?

There is also Handsome's trust. Could that be the source and it's out of reach of the court-appointed attorneys?

It's also likely that if there is no secret account, AM's sibs are paying his bills. I'm asking this in earnest, there's nothing wrong (illegal) with that, correct? If sis and JM want to fork it out forever that's their option, right?

Your thoughts?

[…]

U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel on Wednesday granted Laffitte a second and apparently final delay to the start of his federal prison sentence, noting no further delays will be granted.

Laffitte's new start date following Judge Gergel's order Wednesday is September 28, barring intervention by a higher court.

[…]

39E8A85B-7AC8-4283-B0FE-2B15727F3CA5.jpeg

He will appear in court on Thursday to enter his plea – marking the first time he has ever pleaded guilty to a crime.

This comes as the new series of Netflix’s Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal was released on Wednesday, revealing Curtis Eddie Smith – Murdaugh’s alleged co-conspirator in the bizarre hitman plot – making a bombshell claim.

When he asked Murdaugh why he wanted him to fatally shoot him, Mr Smith claims he told him: “Because they’re going to be able to prove that I’m responsible for Maggie and Paul.”

Last edited:
There is a lot of talk about who is paying AM's defense team as his situation continues on :/ We have obvious interest in this because we all want to know where all the money is that AM stole from his clients and firm, and does AM have it socked away somewhere that hasn't been discovered?

Care to discuss?
I think we all have wondered where all the money went. I can’t say I have any answers but perhaps a few thoughts to add to the discussion.
1) I doubt it is socked away anywhere. Granted, I base that theory on what I can only call rumors because I don’t have any sources to quote. I recall reading somewhere - perhaps on here and perhaps elsewhere as it has been a while - that Maggie wrote a check to some charity a week or so before the murders that bounced and I recall someone (some news agency I think) quoting an unnamed source as saying Maggie began to be suspicious about their finances because bills were going unpaid. If AM had money socked away somewhere I don’t think he would have allowed Maggie to find unpaid bills or bounce a check.
2) Others have said that AM lost money investing in real estate but again, I don’t have sources to quote. It just seems to me more likely that he made some bad decisions with the money and it’s all gone now than he has it stashed and didn’t dip into the stash to avoid being discovered. Now that could have been bad investments, gambling, drugs or other illegal activities or a combination of all of them and more.
3) There is no way he spent all that money on an addiction to pain pills or even a significant portion of it.

I’m not really sure what the total amount of funds he took was and I can’t fathom spending all the money he made from the law firm let alone all that he stole but if there’s any of it hidden away, it would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus