GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to a tweet from reporter @MarshallMaggi , divers searched an old irrigation hole turned pond, located on the private property of John Fleming.
So, with his permission, they wouldn't have needed a search warrant.

Thank you for that info, I did not know that (or remember it). If he granted permission, no warrant needed; if not, they may have obtained one. I think most people would grant permission so I would lean towards that.

sc-posthumous-degree.jpg

Samantha and her boyfriend. She will be missed.

All we really know is the address used when he was booked. We do not know who, if anyone else, lives there. We can not sleuth family members. They are considered victims, as well.

All we really know is the address used when he was booked. We do not know who, if anyone else, lives there. We can not sleuth family members. They are considered victims, as well.
I wasn't asking anyone to sleuth. I thought I read originally that it was his parents who lived in close proximity to where SJ was found. I never before heard it was actually the grandmother who lived there. Maybe they both do, idk.

Maybe I phrased that wrong, @Maa23. Here in WS, discussing family members is considered sleuthing. Yes, we can discuss MSM articles with their statements. Otherwise, discussing family members can get a thread shut down. Just trying to help.

Well this is interesting.
Nathaniel Rowland linked to a 2018 kidnapping and burglary.
Records: Man charged in Samantha Josephson death linked to 2018 kidnapping, burglary

Very interesting discovery, thanks for sharing. Although the article looks incomplete, it cuts off at the end.

I'm sure they will correct it because it looks like an important sentence:

We reached out again to police and asked if Rowland was a suspect in this kidnapping or if investigators spoke to him about

Here are some important details from the article:

According to incident reports obtained by WACH FOX News, Nathaniel Rowland pawned a PlayStation 4 and other items that were reported stolen from a home during a kidnapping and carjacking incident that happened in October 2018.

No charges were ever filed in the reported kidnapping and carjacking incident. However, Rowland was charged with obtaining goods under false pretenses that are tied to that case.

WACH FOX News reached out to the Columbia Police Department for comment about the incident.

“There is no evidence connecting Rowland to the CPD case at this time,” said a department spokeswoman.

I don’t know if this has been discussed. Apologize if I missed it. Info regarding vehicle stop of suspect.

Police: Five Points SC Murder Suspect Was High On Pot

There is a lot of discussion in that article on medical marijuana, the legalization of recreational marijuana, and the potential effects this case may or may not have on the legalization. I haven't read anywhere that Rowland had a medical marijuana card. There are very specific criteria that lends one to get a medical marijuana card at this stage of the game.
I'm thinking it was recreational.

Some interesting points from the article:

In addition to facing murder and kidnapping charges, Rowland was also charged with refusing to stop for a police command and for first offense simple possession of marijuana. It is not clear whether urine, blood or DNA were taken from him in the aftermath of his arrest, but state lawmakers are already buzzing about this case and its potential impact on the medical cannabis debate.

Obviously, there was sufficient evidence to arrest him for this crime (and to hold him without bond pending a preliminary hearing). And we have seen no credible evidence attesting to this alternative theory of his where abouts.

Not surprising. He was charged with posession of 1 oz or less of marijuana during that traffic stop.

SC Judicial Branch

File date and charges:

10-24-18 : 3469-Breach / Obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $2,000 or less

4-08-19
: 0116-Murder / Murder
0095-Kidnapping / Kidnapping

4-09-19: 401036-Ordinance / Refusal to Stop on Police Command
0659-Drugs / Poss. of 28g (1 oz) or less of marijuana or 10g or less of hash - 1st offense

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmariah
Back