GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau

3m
A digital forensic investigator from SLED testified he removed a box storing data from the Chevy Impala that could hold phone logs and location information but was unable to pull the data after a dozen attempts. Court breaking for lunch now, will resume at 2:15.
What was with that testimony? He said that the device holding this info was so much easier to get out than usual. Were they implying someone tampered with it?

Sorry, I missed that too. Maybe someone who is catching up on the court video has an answer.
I missed it also. Waiting to hear someone else’s take on it that saw it, but am going to guess that a video showed the clothes he had on that night and maybe the same ones found discarded?

Prosecutors say there is ample evidence to prove man killed SC student who mistook car for Uber

Gipson also said there were witnesses who found Rowland's bloody clothes in a dumpster and saw Rowland cleaning the "peculiar looking knife blade tool" that prosecutors said had served as the murder weapon.

Last edited:
Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau

3m
A digital forensic investigator from SLED testified he removed a box storing data from the Chevy Impala that could hold phone logs and location information but was unable to pull the data after a dozen attempts. Court breaking for lunch now, will resume at 2:15.

How come this twitter person doesn't put the NAME of the person testifying.... :rolleyes:

Uh oh, his girlfriend just testified her work visor was in the back window the day before & when she asked him where it was he said in the country, it had blood on it. He told her to mind her own business. Then she saw dried blood in the car…

She’s still testifying… not holding anything back. He’s cooked…

Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau

17m
Replying to
@StephenFastenau
Woman who said she was dating Rowland in March 2019 now on the stand, says when Rowland came to her apartment the morning after Josephson disappeared her McDonald’s work hat was missing from his back window.

3m
Woman says she saw blood on car’s dash and in backseat and when asked, Rowland told her to mind her business.
@StephenFastenau
4m
When she asked Rowland where the hat was, he told her it was “in the country,” she testified. When she asked why, he told her because there was blood on it and later to mind her business.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine how scary it must have been for Sami's bf to see her heading in the opposite direction of home and not being able to get ahold of her. Poor guy.
Horrific experience for all!!

In last night's Court TV discussion (Vinnie et., al), they talked about how when SJ was also not answering her phone, the bf convinced himself that she most likely forgot/lost her phone inside the Uber -- i.e., just the phone was going in the wrong direction. I'd probably be thinking the same.

Saw that police video of apprehension. The police did have probable cause. I think the commentator was mistaken. Just my opinion. I am not a legal expert.
I'm not familiar with the video/legal commentator in question but are you sure they weren't referring to not having probable cause to search the vehicle? I believe SC provides for a vehicle to be stopped based on reasonable suspicion... MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back