GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau
24m
SLED forensic scientist says DNA from Nathaniel Rowland’s right fingernails tested and found “very strong support” that it included Samantha Josephson’s DNA. That’s the highest SLED goes towards saying something is a DNA match. Same for blood tested on Rowland’s shoe, sock.
@StephenFastenau
8m
SLED agent says Rowland’s DNA not found under Josephson’s nails or nail clippings. Secondary test on left fingernails showed presence of two males’ DNA, neither Rowland. Defense in its opening argument had focused on fact Rowland’s DNA not found on Josephson but others’ had.

I’m watching now.
This is not the most engaging witness.
Has she given DNA results from the blood in the car yet?
Yes, right now she is presenting DNA analysis results from several locations in vehicle's interior and exterior door handle. It has been very lengthy and I am wondering if we're going to hear about DNA analysis from every item entered into evidence.

Samantha's and defendant's DNA found on flip-flop in trunk of car.
Sanantha's DNA found on passenger back seat of car.
Samantha's DNA found on front seat headrest.
Samantha's DNA found on front seat seat-belt

Last edited:
I agree about this witness. Not only is this very technical…but it’s like watching grass grow. This is important testimony though.

It is important testimony. I wish it was being given in a more compelling way. Wish they would just say. “Her blood was on his sock” “her blood was on his shoe”. All this repeating the same stats over and over. I hope the jury is paying attention.

Samantha's and defendant's DNA found on flip-flop in trunk of car.
Sanantha's DNA found on passenger back seat of car.
Samantha's DNA found on front seat headrest.
Samantha's DNA found on front seat seat-belt

I thought Samantha’s DNA was found on a portion cut out of his sock....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back