GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The soles of child's shoes found in his girlfriend's closet have Samantha's DNA (on them. (You will recall the child sat in Rowland's back seat and the child's shoes had blood on the soles. Shoes were thrown into the girlfriend's closet afterwards.)

Last edited:
Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau

24m
SLED forensic scientist says DNA from Nathaniel Rowland’s right fingernails tested and found “very strong support” that it included Samantha Josephson’s DNA. That’s the highest SLED goes towards saying something is a DNA match. Same for blood tested on Rowland’s shoe, sock.
@StephenFastenau
8m
SLED agent says Rowland’s DNA not found under Josephson’s nails or nail clippings. Secondary test on left fingernails showed presence of two males’ DNA, neither Rowland. Defense in its opening argument had focused on fact Rowland’s DNA not found on Josephson but others’ had.

I think if Sami was right-handed, any DNA from other males found on her left hand (nondominant) would be negligible. Also, after seeing NR wearing cap, leather jacket, sweat pants, socks, gloves, -- essentially covering his body from head to toe, I'm more confident why the victim could not grasp him. MOO

Roland's pants has Samantha's and his DNA on them.
Roland's utility tool has Samantha's DNA on it.

(There have been some items I missed. Please don't hold it against me.)

Plea deals are not automatic option in a trial. It is prosecution that might offer one if in best interest of state, and after conferring with victim's family.

On occasion a defendant will ask prosecution for a plea deal. That usually gets turned down. Lots of info on google on the subject.

Plea deals are not automatic option in a trial. It is prosecution that might offer one if in best interest of state, and after conferring with victim's family.

On occasion a defendant will ask prosecution for a plea deal. That usually gets turned down. Lots of info on google on the subject.
I understand what you're saying but I disagree that plea offers are seldom made where there's no reduction in sentence-- as provided by the state statute. It's very costly to go to trial, and it's often in the best interest of the state, victims, and taxpayers to be done. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back